OCS api problem

Question

• hi,

i have the below api code in an asp.net 2.0 web app to see the status of the user logged in.

i run the web app on my machine with identity impersonate=true and it works fine and shows my status.  however if a log into a remote machine on our network and connect to my machine hosting the web app - it results in the following error.

Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID {8885370D-B33E-44B7-875D-28E403CF9270} failed due to the following error: 80080005.

i take it the api code is meant to run in a windows form environment but im sure theres some way to get it into a web app???

has anyone got something straightforward like this working in a .net web environment...once i get this working im sure ill be able to get the rest going...

------------------

If Not Page.IsPostBack Then
                    Try
                        Dim communicatorObject As New CommunicatorAPI.MessengerClass()
                        Dim contact As IMessengerContactAdvanced = DirectCast(communicatorObject.GetContact(communicatorObject.MySigninName, communicatorObject.MyServiceId), IMessengerContactAdvanced)
                        Dim status As Integer = contact.PresenceProperties(1)
                        Select Case status
                            Case 3000
                                ImageStatus.ImageUrl = "imagesLarge/presenceOnline.png"
                            Case 6000
                                ImageStatus.ImageUrl = "imagesLarge/presenceBusy.png"
                            Case 9000
                                ImageStatus.ImageUrl = "imagesLarge/presenceDnd.png"
                            Case 12000
                                ImageStatus.ImageUrl = "imagesLarge/presenceAway.png"
                            Case 15000
                                ImageStatus.ImageUrl = "imagesLarge/presenceAway.png"
                        End Select
                    Catch ex As Exception
                    End Try

End If

Wednesday, August 26, 2009 3:15 PM

All replies