Have questions about Microsoft training and certifications? Ask them here!
Second shot vouchers are back until May 31, 2013Mr. WhartyMicrosoft Community ContributorTuesday, October 02, 2012 4:45 AMSign up today for your Second Shot exam or exam pack. You’ll save at least 15 percent on the cost of the single certification exams, and you’ll be able to retake any exam you don’t pass the first time, at no extra cost. More details can be found athttp://www.microsoft.com/learning/en/us/offers/secondshot.aspx?WT.mc_id=MSLS_secondshot
How to use this forum - Please read before postingVeronica SopherMicrosoft EmployeeThursday, January 14, 2010 9:30 PMWelcome to the Training and Certification Forum.
The main focus of this forum is Microsoft Certification and also Microsoft Training products which includes Microsoft Press Training Kits and Microsoft Official Courseware (MOC).
Below are a few guidelines to help you find your answer quickly and also to help the people who answer the questions, answer yours correctly.
- Is your question about Microsoft Certification or Training? . If its not please locate the correct forum otherwise your question may be moved, closed/locked or deleted
- Try searching the forum . Search the forum to see if your question has been asked before and answered. Of course if you cannot find what you are looking for, please start a new thread rather than adding to an old one. Some people do not see answered questions in their forum views
- Don't be brief . The more information you can give in your question the better the response will be. If you are asking about specific exams, please indicate experience etc. We dont charge by the character or word :)
- Check your alerts . You can subscribe to a question so that you can see any update on it. Please use this feature so you can get the answers delivered to your inbox
- No Spam. Spamming will have your thread deleted and possibly your account as well
- Be polite . Its just better to be nice :) So no flaming or trolling.
- No braindumps . Asking for braindump materials, suggesting the use of or proving links to will see your thread deleted or possibly edited at the discretion of the moderators
- No copyright material . Please do not ask for links to books etc or any other copyright material
- Mark your question answered. If someone answers your question please mark the reply as the answer to your question. You can mark multiple replies as answers if you think they did. It makes sure that people can see what helped you and also gives the answerer a small amount of satisfaction. Just think kharma :)
- Things we cannot answer . There are certain things about the exams which are covered under the NDA (Non Disclosure Agreement).
- Dead thread/Answer policy. Where possible the moderators will allow sufficient time for the original poster to come back and mark the replies to their questions as answers. The amount of time is at the discretion of the individual moderator but is suggested that it will be declared dead after a week if the original poster does not respond. We will always try to be fair and mark suitable replies as answers.
- Do NOT propose your own answer as the answer. This is an accepted forum etiquette across most if not all of the Microsoft forums rather than laid down rule. Of course if you think another response is the answer, please feel free to propose it as the answer.
Born to Learn Training and Certification ResourcesVeronica SopherMicrosoft EmployeeTuesday, October 02, 2012 4:45 AMThe following additional training and certification resources are available on the Born to Learn site:
- Forums (non-MSDN)
- MCT Community Portal (This portal is a replacement for, and upgrade to, the MCT private newsgroups which retired on September 1, 2010. The MCT Community Portal provides discussion forums, blogs, wikis and media libraries and is available only to MCTs).
Free Training - Microsoft Virtual AcademyMr. WhartyMicrosoft Community ContributorTuesday, October 02, 2012 4:46 AM
The Microsoft Virtual Academy (MVA) is a free cloud-based learning environment focusing on Microsoft Technologies (Although the site states that it focuses on cloud-based technologies, I have found content in some countries not specific to the cloud).
The concept behind the MVA is similar to that of a “Virtual University”; students select a course(s) to study and then do a self-assessment exam to gauge how well they’ve understood the study material. Students also accrue points for material studied and courses completed which are used to promote them through a recognition system (Bronze, Silver, Gold or Platinum Level) and provide them with a comparison on how they rank against other students in their country and around the world.
More information about the MVA can be found in the FAQ.
Filtering and SortingUse these options to narrow down the question and discussion list.
- 11567Mr. WhartyMicrosoft Community ContributorThursday, February 28, 2013 11:04 PM
- 444554Afrinek Thursday, January 03, 2013 4:43 PM
- 12093Mr. WhartyMicrosoft Community ContributorWednesday, February 13, 2013 12:18 AM
- 325301Mr. WhartyMicrosoft Community ContributorThursday, March 08, 2012 9:59 AM
- 152Subharthy Ray 12 hours 4 minutes ago
- 148NavinKumarSah 11 hours 31 minutes ago
- 1131MUAR Friday, May 17, 2013 4:30 PM
- 2139Khalid EL Nahtawy Friday, May 17, 2013 10:05 AM
- 165Khirod 17 hours 2 minutes ago
- 196Dmitry Podrezov 23 hours 12 minutes ago
- 4118793drivenbywhat Saturday, January 08, 2011 3:23 PM
- 2146rimagandhi Thursday, May 16, 2013 6:55 AM
- 081Srini_1990 22 hours 28 minutes ago
- 093cathbertpk1987 Sunday, May 19, 2013 10:30 PM
- 4150rerichards Saturday, May 18, 2013 7:42 PM
- 10566H.A.V Aravinda Sunday, April 21, 2013 3:58 PM
- 1104Danilo Merino Saturday, May 18, 2013 6:13 AM
- 2108CAI Zhenhua Saturday, May 18, 2013 11:27 AM
- 1115madaresabz Friday, May 17, 2013 2:08 PM
- 1114madaresabz Friday, May 17, 2013 2:10 PM
- 1117Gopi Shukla Friday, May 17, 2013 10:49 AM
- 44582Davin Mickelson Friday, August 24, 2012 2:21 PM
- 5179Raviiiiii Wednesday, May 15, 2013 6:37 PM
- 3287Sagar Kango Monday, April 29, 2013 5:48 AM