Friday, March 06, 2009 7:29 PM
I simply haven't been able to read most feeds nor my e-mails nor able to get any applet to work for more than a week now. Some feeds work from time to time, but the site is simply not usable like this.
I've tried everything from deleting all my cookies and switching from IE7 to IE8 RC1.
I can get it to work in other computes so it's not linked to my Windows Live account.
Ironically, it's working on Firefox, and being able to use "Microsoft's my.live.com" is the only reason I've ended up switching to "Mozilla's Firefox" for the time being... Would like to go back to IE, but my.live.com goes first...
- Changed Type Jason A. GarzaOwner Monday, April 06, 2009 5:42 PM
Friday, March 06, 2009 7:31 PMHere is an error I get when loading the page, in case somebody finds it useful.
Webpage error details
User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 6.0; WOW64; Trident/4.0; Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; SV1) ; SLCC1; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; Media Center PC 5.0; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30618; OfficeLiveConnector.1.3; OfficeLivePatch.1.3)
Timestamp: Fri, 6 Mar 2009 19:28:56 UTC
Message: Object doesn't support this action
Friday, March 06, 2009 8:06 PMHere is another update on my problem.
I just tried, as suggested on this other thread, to reset all my config in IE8.
Unfortunatelly, I still get the same problem.
Wednesday, March 18, 2009 11:59 PMHi dinaljr,
What os are you using on the machine with this problem? What is exact error message
Diana MSDN & Technet & Onecare Forum Moderator, Microsoft Partner, http://djartsinc.spaces.live.com
Thursday, March 19, 2009 8:43 AMHi, I'm running Vista 64 Ultimate.
The error message is the one quoted bellow.
Btw, since then I got back to IE7 from IE8.
Still the same problem though, so still unwillingly using Firefox.
- Edited by danielgr Thursday, March 19, 2009 8:46 AM added info
Saturday, March 21, 2009 12:58 AMHi,
I have no experiance with 64 bit systems, only 32 bit and vista. There are others with a lot more experiance than I have in this. They will see this post and help. Sorry I couldn't be of more help.
Diana , Microsoft Partner, http://djartsinc.spaces.live.com
Saturday, March 21, 2009 11:28 AMThanks for trying,
That said, IE runs as a 32bit program in Vista, so I'm not sure it's related to the system.
To update it, I just installed the final version of IE8, and still have the same problem and error code...
Saturday, March 21, 2009 3:15 PMAnother update,
I used IE8 script built in debugger to check it out, and it seems to point that the problem is in this part of the code:
Monday, March 30, 2009 2:29 PMI've been having the same problem for the past few months. It loads the page, shows the feed info for a second and then goes back to loading. It happened with IE7 and IE8. I have tried the same things that you mentioned, with the same result, nothing changes.
Does anybody have any ideas?
Sunday, April 19, 2009 4:25 PM
I have the same problem and has happened for over two months already. I have two computers but the problem only is in the one with XP SP3 running IE8. The problem started when I had IE7, I hoped that the upgrade would resolve it but nothing. At some point with IE7 I reset the browser which solved the problem for a little while, then it came back. With IE8 the reseting did not do anything. My other computer has Vista and has no problem. If it is not the system, not the live account, it could be some bug in the browser or related to java. Can anybody help?
Sunday, April 19, 2009 5:12 PMHi All,
The links below may be able to help with the live services
If I may suggest two things to get help faster for your questions. This thread type is is tagged discussion thread, The type thread should be a question thread. Also,Start a new thread and ask your questions individually rather than several help requests on the same thread. This way your question is more likely to get noticed and answered. Discussion threads tend to get overlooked, when professionals look for questions in need of answers. Hope this helps
Diana , MSP, MSBP, .Net Developement and Visual Studio Forums Moderator, MSDN Sandbox Forums Moderator http://djartsinc.spaces.live.com Smile,,,Share Some Sunshine
Friday, April 24, 2009 9:05 AMOk, I finally solved the problem, although it was for sure not the most elegant way and I'm still not sure I didn't broke something else in the process...
Here is all I did up to the moment it started working again:
- Remove every single Microsoft internet software: All Windows live applications, IE8, .Net Platform, etc.
- Remove every single app I knew had a link with IE : Sun's Java, Adobe Flash Plugin, Skype, Cooliris, etc.
- Go to IE7's menu: Tools -> Options -> Contents -> Certificates, and remove every single one issued by or for Microsoft (this is the step I'm the most afraid of..., if I were you I'd try the first time without doing this...)
- Go to IE7's menu: Tools -> Options -> Advanced, and restore original configuration (which in theory sets IE back to the "just installed" moment).
After all that, my.live.com is working again flawlessly, even after re-installing IE8.
Of course, this was a last desperate move after having tried everything else.
If I had to do it again, I'd follow this trial procedure:
- Uninstall IE8 and restore original config in IE7.
- (if still not working) : Uninstall all programs with a IE plugin and try restoring IE7 original config again.
- (if still not working) : Uninstall all Microsoft Internet software (specially Live stuff and .Net) and try again restoring IE7 config.
- (if still not working) : Remove non root Microsoft certificates and try again restoring IE7 config.
- (if still not working) : Remove all remaining Microsoft certificates and try again restoring IE7 config.
Good luck !!!