none
70-682 Exam Windows 7 - Some sort of a joke?

Question

• I recieved an email from Microsoft as a MCDST to upgrade my cert to take the 70-682 : PRO: Upgrading to Windows 7 MCITP Enterprise Desktop Support Technician exam, and if by June 10th 2010 I could re-take the exam again if I failed it the first time.

The email also contained a link to resources on the exam...

http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en/us/Exam.aspx?ID=70-682&locale=en-us#tab3

There are..

NO Classroom training courses available

NO E-Learning

NO Microsoft Press Books

and

NO Practice Tests

Is this some kind of a joke? Good luck to anyone doing this blind.

Wednesday, April 14, 2010 8:48 AM

Answers

• Last month I passed the Windows 7 exam 70-686 and this is in the same situation.

With no training content linked directly to the exam I still managed to gain a mark above 900.

To pass this, I studied with a combination of the MS Press Windows 7 Administrators Guide (Book) and Windows 7 information on TechNet.

This was possible as I was already certified in Vista and have over 5 years experience with Windows XP, this was a case of migrating skills with resources available.

Using the same content you will be able to pass the 70-682 exam.

You may study more than you need to without a training guide, but this works in your own advantage with knowledge.

This is common with most new exams, it can be 6 to 9 months before training content is linked directly to the exam.

This is no joke, new exams are good for people that are able to find the content they need to learn and learn it.

If you learn the content outlined in tab 2 then you will pass, you just need to source your own study material.

> http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en/us/Exam.aspx?ID=70-682&locale=en-us#tab2 <

MS eLearning offers a lot, so does technet and you can use MS Press admin guides.

There is more than enough resource available, no one needs to sit this exam blind.

Jarad, Brisbane Australia
    Thursday, April 15, 2010 10:48 PM
  • The reason there are no training materials for the 70-682 exam is becasue its a combination of 70-680 and 70-685. Use the training materials for 680 and 685 and you will be fine on the exam.
    Thursday, April 15, 2010 8:38 AM
  • I recieved it too. I was going to email the training company we use to see what its all about. Unless its THAT easy, you dont need training!!!
    Wednesday, April 14, 2010 10:26 AM

All replies

• I recieved it too. I was going to email the training company we use to see what its all about. Unless its THAT easy, you dont need training!!!
    Wednesday, April 14, 2010 10:26 AM
  • The reason there are no training materials for the 70-682 exam is becasue its a combination of 70-680 and 70-685. Use the training materials for 680 and 685 and you will be fine on the exam.
    Thursday, April 15, 2010 8:38 AM
  • Last month I passed the Windows 7 exam 70-686 and this is in the same situation.

With no training content linked directly to the exam I still managed to gain a mark above 900.

To pass this, I studied with a combination of the MS Press Windows 7 Administrators Guide (Book) and Windows 7 information on TechNet.

This was possible as I was already certified in Vista and have over 5 years experience with Windows XP, this was a case of migrating skills with resources available.

Using the same content you will be able to pass the 70-682 exam.

You may study more than you need to without a training guide, but this works in your own advantage with knowledge.

This is common with most new exams, it can be 6 to 9 months before training content is linked directly to the exam.

This is no joke, new exams are good for people that are able to find the content they need to learn and learn it.

If you learn the content outlined in tab 2 then you will pass, you just need to source your own study material.

> http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en/us/Exam.aspx?ID=70-682&locale=en-us#tab2 <

MS eLearning offers a lot, so does technet and you can use MS Press admin guides.

There is more than enough resource available, no one needs to sit this exam blind.

Jarad, Brisbane Australia
    Thursday, April 15, 2010 10:48 PM
  • The HDI partnership was announced last summer, revealing that the 682 exam would be the MCDST upgrade exam, and looking at the dark blue portions, shows that it is the 680 and 682 exam in one, like the Vista upgrade exam for MCDSTs

http://www.thinkhdi.com/images/Both%20Charts.jpg

Tuesday, May 04, 2010 1:43 PM
  • i have taught the moc course and passed exam for this
    Monday, December 13, 2010 6:48 PM