Something is deleting my cookies

General discussion

• I have IE8.  I also have MS Security Essentials and PC Tools Reg Mech  and Malwarebytes.  Infrequently, something deletes the cookies to my bank and the sites where I pay bills online.  A related topic for onecare was listed when I typed the title to  this question.  I'm pretty sure I've never run onecare on this new computer that I got a few months ago.  It occurred on my previous computer as well.  When I clean up browser history and temp files, I always tell it to leave the cookies alone.  I'm trying to figure out if the security essentials is doing this and, if so, what I can do to prevent it from happenning.  I don't see a match in the forum categories, so I'm going with OneCare-Off Topic.
    • Changed type JimR1Moderator Sunday, February 20, 2011 10:57 PM Off topic.
    Sunday, February 20, 2011 10:22 PM

All replies

• Neither One Care or MSE scans cookies. When you delete temporary internet files you may be deleting cookies as well as this is where they are stored. If you have MSE questions the MSE forum is here - http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/category/mse

Jim

Microsoft MVP Consumer Security - Forum Moderator - Live One Care - Live Mesh - Microsoft Security Essentials
    Sunday, February 20, 2011 11:02 PM