malware cleaner

Question

• A tool to remove malware from an infected page would be helfpul. The webmaster center fall update says:

"With the updated tools in Webmaster Center, if you have any malware issues on either your own pages or on outbound links, you will be able to:

• Read helpful advice in Help on how to fix the problem.
    • ..."
    Unfortunately, that's not the case. The help section doesn't tell advice on how to fix the problem.
    Monday, December 01, 2008 12:36 PM

Answers

•  

Thank you for your input. With multiple ways of injecting malware onto a page, do you have some ideas on how a malware cleaner should work?

Brett

Wednesday, December 03, 2008 4:46 PM
  • Hi,

Thanks for the response. Are you infected with malware now? Have you read our malware guide located at http://help.live.com/help.aspx?mkt=en-us&project=wl_webmasters? The guide is actually listed under "remediating detected malware" within the last bullet before the "related topics" section.

Wednesday, December 03, 2008 6:21 PM

All replies

•  

Thank you for your input. With multiple ways of injecting malware onto a page, do you have some ideas on how a malware cleaner should work?

Brett

Wednesday, December 03, 2008 4:46 PM
  • well, I'm a noob. I never made a wegpage before and I only started doing it as I needed a page for my band

first of all, the tool should identify where exactly the malware is located (database/files/lines in the source-code). I don't have an exact idea, where it could be and I have no idea on how exactly the tool could remove the malware

Wednesday, December 03, 2008 6:14 PM
  • Hi,

Thanks for the response. Are you infected with malware now? Have you read our malware guide located at http://help.live.com/help.aspx?mkt=en-us&project=wl_webmasters? The guide is actually listed under "remediating detected malware" within the last bullet before the "related topics" section.

Wednesday, December 03, 2008 6:21 PM
  • yeah, I've read it. didn't find it initially. thanks!

yes, my site is infected unfortunately. I'll propably have to set it up again
    Saturday, December 06, 2008 4:33 PM
  • Thank you

oyun
    Thursday, January 29, 2009 12:10 AM