The Mcu Factory returned failure for a request sent to it. requested Mcu type

Question

•  

Hi all,

after apply a solution for another problem (see http://forums.microsoft.com/Ocs2007publicbeta/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=1589336&SiteID=57 ) i am not able to start a Conference with Live Meeting.

On Communicator 2007 talk windows (after choose "Additioanl action" and "Meet now") i get "Application Sharing could not be started because the application is disabled or is not installed on your computer." and on server side i get this event:

Event Type: Error
    Event Source: OCS User Services
    Event Category: (1006)
    Event ID: 32069
    Date:  6/8/2007
    Time:  12:06:46 PM
    User:  N/A
    Computer: OC2007
    Description:
    The Mcu Factory returned failure for a request sent to it. requested Mcu type.Conferencing requests for this Mcu type will be retried but if this error continues to occur conferencing functionality will be affected.

Mcu Type: meeting
    Resolution:
    Ensure that the Mcu Factory is provisioned and functioning correctly. If any network related errors are reported by the Mcu Factory ensure that they are resolved.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

Before applying the solution describe above i was able to start a meeting !

I am using Vista (also when Meeting was ok !)

Any idea ?

Thanks,

Sandro De Matteis

Thursday, June 14, 2007 9:27 AM

Answers

•  

Reinstalling DataMCU component and all go right !

Thanks,

Sandro De Matteis

Thursday, June 28, 2007 11:35 AM

All replies

•  

Reinstalling DataMCU component and all go right !

Thanks,

Sandro De Matteis

Thursday, June 28, 2007 11:35 AM
  • What method do you use for reinstalling DataMCU, I'm having the same issue.

Thanks,

Kevin

Monday, August 13, 2007 2:13 AM
  • I have also seen this error in my logs. How can we reinstall the data MCU?

/Thomas

Tuesday, August 14, 2007 7:30 PM
  •  

If you deactivate and activate the Web Conferencing Server, that should reinstall the DataMCU.  I had the same issues that reinstalling the DataMCU did get rid of the error.

-john lockett

Friday, September 21, 2007 8:25 PM
  • The DataMCU is in effect the Web Conferencing server.

Deactivating the re-installing the Web Conferencing server should solve this issue.
    Tuesday, September 25, 2007 10:28 AM
  • I have tried the de-activate and reinstall with no success.  Any other pointers?
    Friday, January 11, 2008 12:29 AM
  • Hi All,

I have had several issues with MCU's.

I have de-activated, and then re-installed every component of OCS.

Every time i still get the MCU factory problem.

Is there any other fix anyone knows ?

I have been looking through the forums for weeks, and still have not found a working resolution to this situation.

Regards, Jorgen

Tuesday, November 04, 2008 11:24 PM
  • Hi

we had the same issue... removing the "update package for Office Communications Server 2007 Audio Video Conferencing Server" 956831 solved the case... for now!

Regards,

Laurent

Friday, November 07, 2008 11:07 AM
  • After deactivating the Web Conferencing server role, how to do you reactivate it?  Running OCS Standard.  Do you run setup.exe and go through the wizard again?  When I start that process, it makes me think it's going to reinstall the entire server... please help.
    Tuesday, March 17, 2009 4:07 PM
  • Hi
    yes!!!!! removing the "update package for Office Communications Server 2007 Audio Video Conferencing Server" 956831 solved the problem also for us.

Wednesday, October 28, 2009 11:48 AM