URL Removal Requests

Question

• Hi,

If you need URLs removed from our index, please do the following:

Using the support form located at: https://support.live.com/eform.aspx?productKey=wlsearchcontentremoval&ct=eformts

Enter your name and email address.  Using the dropdown box, select “Content Removal Request”.  

Please note the following two options provided in the second dropdown box:

Remove my content – If you want the URL completely removed from our index. This is a permanent removal. Should you wish this URL indexed in the future, you will need to fill out a re-inclusion request

Cache removal –If you just want the cached page removed. Note that this will not remove the URL from our index.

Last, enter the full URL and the Live Search query term used to find the URL in the text box provided.

Thank you,

Brett

Friday, December 12, 2008 7:03 PM

Answers

• Hi,

I apologize for the delay. Could you please send the links to lswmc@microsoft.com  with "content removal form issue" in the subject line and I will take this up with the group that handles the actual removal. Also, please be sure to 404 the page, redirect it or block it by REP.

Many thanks and again, my apologies.

Brett

Friday, January 23, 2009 3:49 PM

All replies

• Here my experience with this form:

I Filled the form and after 1 week the customer service kindly replied that content has been removed and the process should take no more than 2 working days;

AFTER 2 WEEKS THE CONTENT IS STILL ONLINE AND CACHED!!!

Please notice that:
    • Google removed in less than 1 working day with Webmaster tools;
    • Yahoo in less than 4 hours with automated service;
    • Cuil removed it with a simple e-mail to the customer service and verification;
    Tuesday, January 20, 2009 8:47 AM
  • Hi,

I apologize for the delay. Could you please send the links to lswmc@microsoft.com  with "content removal form issue" in the subject line and I will take this up with the group that handles the actual removal. Also, please be sure to 404 the page, redirect it or block it by REP.

Many thanks and again, my apologies.

Brett

Friday, January 23, 2009 3:49 PM
  • Here my experience with this form:

I Filled the form and after 1 week the customer service kindly replied that content has been removed and the process should take no more than 2 working days;

AFTER 2 WEEKS THE CONTENT IS STILL ONLINE AND CACHED!!!

Please notice that:
    • Google removed in less than 1 working day with Webmaster tools;
    • Yahoo in less than 4 hours with automated service;
    • Cuil removed it with a simple e-mail to the customer service and verification;
    I am sorry, could you point me how to remove site or link from yahoo.com ? i can't find it
    Thursday, April 09, 2009 3:55 PM