none
PC Refurbished w/o OS - COA is Authentic - No Disk - Bios ok - How to Resolve - Check Partition?

Question

• Hi everyone,
    Have read threads for hours and links,  Too many too many subjects.... I did learn a bunch though. lol

Many refurbished pc sold without OS, HD cleared bios ok, COA Sticker Authentic...
    EXCEPT  no disk...

How to Resolve:  Can I purchase a recovery disk for authentic COA for THE SAME PC  from microsoft?
    Or
    How can I check the recovery partition on the hard drive, from bios? 

Thanks a bunch for your time
    Respectfully,
    Kim

Every possible solution I found, " says insert disc ...."   have no disc

I will keep reading... has to be here somewhere...

Thursday, July 15, 2010 12:32 PM

Answers

• Hi everyone,
    Have read threads for hours and links,  Too many too many subjects.... I did learn a bunch though. lol

Many refurbished pc sold without OS, HD cleared bios ok, COA Sticker Authentic...
    EXCEPT  no disk...

How to Resolve:  Can I purchase a recovery disk for authentic COA for THE SAME PC  from microsoft?
    Or

Respectfully,
    Kim

Go to the computer manufacturer's web site and search for service.  Some where there should be a place you may be able to order recovery disks for your computer.  You didn't give a lot of info to go on like the version of Vista that the COA sticker says, the make and manufacturer of the computer, etc.  NEVER post the actual 25 character COA key however.
    Thursday, July 15, 2010 2:31 PM
  • Hello leanback,

If this is for one computer, then take LVTravel's advice and just contact the computer manufacturer's customer service or tech support to see if Recovery discs are available for order.  If no joy there, try www.restoredisks.com.

If for many computers, have a look at the web page for Microsoft's PC Refurbisher programs:  http://oem.microsoft.com/script/contentpage.aspx?PageID=552862

Buy Office 2007 Now, Get Office 2010 Free http://office2010.microsoft.com/en-us/tech-guarantee/microsoft-office-2010-technology-guarantee-FX101825695.aspx?CTT=97
    Thursday, July 15, 2010 3:04 PM

All replies

• Hi everyone,

EXCEPT  no disk...

Or

Respectfully,
    Kim

Go to the computer manufacturer's web site and search for service.  Some where there should be a place you may be able to order recovery disks for your computer.  You didn't give a lot of info to go on like the version of Vista that the COA sticker says, the make and manufacturer of the computer, etc.  NEVER post the actual 25 character COA key however.
    Thursday, July 15, 2010 2:31 PM
  • Hello leanback,

If this is for one computer, then take LVTravel's advice and just contact the computer manufacturer's customer service or tech support to see if Recovery discs are available for order.  If no joy there, try www.restoredisks.com.

If for many computers, have a look at the web page for Microsoft's PC Refurbisher programs:  http://oem.microsoft.com/script/contentpage.aspx?PageID=552862

Buy Office 2007 Now, Get Office 2010 Free http://office2010.microsoft.com/en-us/tech-guarantee/microsoft-office-2010-technology-guarantee-FX101825695.aspx?CTT=97
    Thursday, July 15, 2010 3:04 PM