URL link (hyperlink) clickable in IM ?

Question

• I tried various settings, disabling the IM Filter, etc. There is any way to make an URL link in the IM Chat clickable (highlighted), or it's always just plain text ?
    Friday, May 04, 2007 8:14 PM

Answers

• This can be fixed through Group Policy called "allow Hyperlinks in instant messages"
    Wednesday, May 30, 2007 1:51 AM

All replies

• This should be the case right out of the box.

Is this just internal to internal, or internal to external? Are you having any other issues? What do your validation wizard results look like? Can you let us know more about your setup?

Tuesday, May 22, 2007 6:10 PM
  • Is this still an issue?
    Tuesday, May 22, 2007 7:42 PM
  • Hi,

Can you let us know the status of your issue? If you have resolved it, can you share your fix with the forums?

Thursday, May 24, 2007 5:32 PM
  • This can be fixed through Group Policy called "allow Hyperlinks in instant messages"
    Wednesday, May 30, 2007 1:51 AM
  • I have the same issue as the original poster, but I can't seem to find that group policy.  How do I change that group policy?
    Tuesday, June 19, 2007 6:13 PM
  • Figured it out. You have to downloaded the Communications 2007 documentation, which provides communicator.adm. Copy communicator.adm to to your %windir%\inf directory, edit an appropriate group policy, import the communicator administrative template and then edit the policy from there.
    Tuesday, June 19, 2007 6:44 PM
  • I was able to find the .adm file.  I'm not sure I know what to do from there.  I used the GPO editor and imported and selected "Allow hyperlinks in instant message"  I selected enable.  What do I do next.  Do I need to reboot the server or restart any of the OCS 2007 services?  I still can't get clickable URLs.  Any help would be great.  Thanks
    Tuesday, October 09, 2007 8:36 PM
  • Hello,

You can also make URLs clickable by updating Windows registry. This is similar to group policy settings. For steps refer to KB article: http://imwire.eventure.biz/imwire/articles/41.aspx

Regards,

Vivek

Wednesday, November 14, 2007 6:32 PM
  • This worked flawlessly.  I recommend this request
    Friday, September 12, 2008 5:30 PM
  •  Camaromelt wrote:
    This worked flawlessly.  I recommend this request

This works great for http type addresses.. but i wish there was a way for things like unc paths.. \\server\file.txt

Friday, September 12, 2008 5:40 PM
  • did you find a way to allow \\server\file.txt link ?

Friday, November 07, 2008 11:01 AM