none
How to determine the number of service hosts that are used in a SOA job, and give a unique ID to each one?

Question

• I'm trying to convert an existing distributed infrastructure with HPC. The existing infrastructure knows (1) the total number of compute nodes that are available, and (2) gives each one a unique number, called the engine offset - from 0 for the first node, up to the number of compute nodes available.

Obviously this conflicts with the SOA HPC way of doing things, but:

• Can I get the number of service hosts that will be used? We could then restrict the job from getting any more resources allocated and use this as our "total" number from item 1.
    • Can I give each service host an ID? A service host correlates to a task within a job, could I use the task id or some other method? The only other option I could think of, would be to use the common data framework from SP2 to read and write to a shared text file to co-ordinate the ID's that are used.

Thanks.

Monday, August 08, 2011 2:17 PM

Answers

• you can read the environment variable of CCP_TASKINSTANCEID, it's unique in a job.

• Marked as answer by krolley Tuesday, August 09, 2011 2:34 PM
    Tuesday, August 09, 2011 3:30 AM

All replies

• you can read the environment variable of CCP_TASKINSTANCEID, it's unique in a job.

• Marked as answer by krolley Tuesday, August 09, 2011 2:34 PM
  • and if you want limit the resource, set the resource usage field in SessionStartInfo before you create session.