none
Publish to WordPress blog as Private post

Question

• WordPress blogs have the ability to publish as a Private post that only the author can see. This is a different status from publishing as a "draft".

I don't see any ability natively to set this status in LiveWriter, and it appears the API only deals with Comment policies and Trackback policies.

I've looked at adding this via a plugin, such as a PublishingNotificationHook, but there is no access in the API to set this status value, and I can't see a way to modify the XMLRPC call.

Is there any way I could automate setting this in LiveWriter (besides creating a plugin in WordPress itself)? If not, can you add this (or some functionality in the API to enable this) in a future release?
    Friday, January 09, 2009 10:32 PM

All replies

• Right now, we don't support private posts.  Nor do we have a plugin model that allows access to the xml-rpc calls.  So a wordpress plugin might be your only solution right now.  Sorry.  Thank you for the feedback and we will investigate this as a possible feature in the future.
    -Brandon Turner [MSFT]
    Monday, January 12, 2009 6:12 PM
  • Just for the sake of underscoring this, I'd like to say that I'd love to see this feature as part of a future release.

Monday, November 23, 2009 6:40 AM
  • I'd agree with this.  Currently I use wordpress to publish a blog and some posts I prefer to have as private.  So I need to login to wordpress after making such posts and then alter individual posts from public to private.  It would be great to not need to have to do this step.
    Thursday, October 06, 2011 1:57 AM