unable to install .net framework 4.0 updates

All replies

• I have the same problem with the 3 updates
    • Proposed as answer by fudingding Monday, August 15, 2011 10:24 AM
    Friday, August 12, 2011 5:46 PM
  • me too and I don't know too much about this type of thing so I'm hopeing if I phone microsoft monday they will help me.

• Proposed as answer by fudingding Monday, August 15, 2011 8:56 AM
    • Unproposed as answer by fudingding Monday, August 15, 2011 10:24 AM
    Friday, August 12, 2011 8:07 PM
  • I am having the same issues with these updates, I have tried to install them and keep getting the same error code. I am worried that my system has been compromised. This has never happened before, and I dont know much about these things. I hope that a solution is found, if so please post it. I really would like to get this resolved. Thanks

Saturday, August 13, 2011 3:59 PM
  • ..Hi mate!  Having exactly the same prob. as you, & can't get a solution!  Have tried almost everything.  I might try to ring M'soft in Sydney{my domain} & see if they can help.  Let me know if you have found an answer to this.  'Bye...
    Saturday, August 13, 2011 10:48 PM
  • Same problem. I am getting annoyed with Microsoft because this is not the first time I encountered update problems on which I have to spend an inordinate amount of time.
    Sunday, August 14, 2011 1:39 AM
  • Same as above. I have tried many times but it will not intsall. Why is there no posting here from Microsoft to help?

Sunday, August 14, 2011 4:45 PM
  • I have same problem and tried lots of things but nothing works   Still error code 643
    Sunday, August 14, 2011 8:18 PM
  • I was unable to install updates

KB2539636, KB2468871, KB2533523.

Got error code 643.

Got there in the end by installing them manually off the Microsoft website.  Here are the links-

http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?displaylang=en&id=27014

http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?displaylang=en&id=27017

http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=3556

Hope that helps.

Steven

• Proposed as answer by albert13162 Monday, August 15, 2011 7:20 PM
    Monday, August 15, 2011 9:21 AM
  • I Had been having the same issues using the microsoft updater I eve attempted to try installation under another username no luck. finally i went to install them from the website individually ahh yes that worked for me.

I dont know why they are taking an unusallylong amount of time to install but they are installing. hope this helps.

Monday, August 15, 2011 11:09 AM
  • Thank you very much..  It worked, the info provided was excelent.

I spent all morning trying to get this to work and then I found this web site.

Thanks again

Monday, August 15, 2011 7:25 PM
  • Many thanks, Steven.  Installing those downloads solved the problem for  me.

"StevenBartlett" wrote in message  news:f85246d1-9071-43c4-8950-650f0e6f1e7e@communitybridge.codeplex.com...
    >I was unable to install updates
    >
    > KB2539636, KB2468871, KB2533523.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Got error code 643.
    >
    >
    >
    > Got there in the end by installing them manually off the Microsoft  website.  Here are the links-
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hope that helps.
    >
    >
    >
    > Steven
    >

Walter Blanchard
    Monday, August 15, 2011 8:05 PM
  • I had the same problem.  The only thing that ultimately worked for me was not using "Update", but finding and downloading the updates directly through Microsoft Downloads.  The Security update you mentioned is not available at that site, but I found through Microsoft.com search....I believe.  The Update alerts did not stop right away, but finally did after a couple shutdown/starts.
    Tuesday, August 16, 2011 12:48 AM
  • I turned off UAC (User Account Control), new security component in Windows Vista & it worked:

1.  Click the "Start" Button, type MSCONFIG in the START SEARCH box and press ENTER.

Note:  If UAC window prompts for permission to continue, please click CONTINUE.

2.  Click "Tools"

3.  Highlight "DISABLE UAC, click LAUNCH

4.  Retart Computer

Now install via Windows Update.  I installed 1 of 3 updates at a time & it worked!

Sadie999
    Wednesday, August 17, 2011 11:20 AM
  • Thanks for that tip.  I'll try that next time.

"Sadie999" wrote in message  news:e188b780-ae37-490b-ba00-6dad9a5ed67a@communitybridge.codeplex.com...
    >I turned off UAC (User Account Control), new security component in  Windows Vista & it worked:
    >
    > 1.  Click the "Start" Button, type MSCONFIG in the START SEARCH box  and press ENTER.
    >
    > Note:  If UAC window prompts for permission to continue, please click  CONTINUE.
    >
    > 2.  Click "Tools"
    >
    > 3.  Highlight "DISABLE UAC, click LAUNCH
    >
    > 4.  Retart Computer
    >
    > Now install via Windows Update.  I installed 1 of 3 updates at a time  & it worked!
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >  ------------------------------------------------------------------------- -------
    > Sadie999

Walter Blanchard
    Wednesday, August 17, 2011 2:50 PM
  • This solution worked for me.  It took a long time to download the updates... but it worked.

Elmtree

Monday, September 12, 2011 2:02 AM
  • I have the same problem but I do not get an error code.  When I install it and reboot my computer, I still get the icon on the lower right corner of my screen that says this important update is available.
    Friday, March 09, 2012 2:41 PM
  • AI tried to download the file from Microsoft and install it but I get the error message KB2633870 does not apply, or is blocked by another condition on your computer.
    Friday, March 09, 2012 2:43 PM