none
MegaStat.xla add-in

Question

• I currently teach Statistics and was exploring an activity that required the use of MegaStat.xla add-in for Excel. Directions say that I should find this add-in in the office library, but I can't find it to complete the add-in. I went to the Microsoft Online to search and could not find any info regarding this add-in. Can anyone help me? Thanks
    Wednesday, September 26, 2007 6:28 PM

All replies

• You can always do a search on megastat.. but here is a link to megastat 9.1. 

http://www.unf.edu/coas/math-stat/downloads.html

Great teaching tool.....

Sunday, November 18, 2007 4:05 PM
  • I want to know how can I instal the program so I can use it any time I want it?

Saturday, June 28, 2008 8:40 PM
  • Hi all..

I know this post is a little late, but perhaps it will help someone else that is looking for help regarding this issue. I also had trouble with the MegaStat program. For some reason, the file you are looking for is called "unwise". The path is:

c/program files/microsoft office/office/library/unwise.exe

Once installed, the MegaStat integrates with your Excel. Go to tools, click on Add-ins, and then click MegaStat. That should do it for you. Whenever you bring up Excel from that time on the MegaStat option link will be to the right top of the screen. If you still have problems and it says you need authorization, bring up Excel, go to tools, scroll down to Macro, and over to security..then set the security to medium. That will give the authorization.

I hope this helps someone.

Spencer St John

Monday, September 01, 2008 5:31 PM
  • This was a great link. It works perfectly.

• Proposed as answer by cadc82 Monday, May 24, 2010 5:01 AM
    Sunday, April 04, 2010 4:24 PM
  • http://cs.berry.edu/~pkapitza/Fall06/stat/instructions.html

I just found it and  allowed me to install megastats in my Ms Excel 2010 (Beta)!

• Proposed as answer by csula student Friday, October 22, 2010 8:13 PM
    Monday, May 24, 2010 5:02 AM
  • THANK YOU SO MUCH this link really helped me out
    Thursday, September 09, 2010 9:38 PM
  • Hi Frnd!

This is Harvinder Aherwan.

I need megastat but i could not find it anywhere,even at the address given by you.

So it is my request to you,please email me the setup of megastat if you have.

my email id is-hsaherwan@yahoo.com

thanks in advance.

Saturday, September 11, 2010 3:50 PM
  • how do I get the unwise file to work?
    Sunday, September 19, 2010 2:34 AM
  • great link... mega stat works perfectly...
    Friday, October 22, 2010 8:14 PM
  • Please send me the link I can't get megastat tow rok on Excel 2007

My email address is s_burg@hotmail.com

Sunday, October 24, 2010 9:03 PM
  • Can you provide me with the link?
    • Proposed as answer by artzeynails Tuesday, April 12, 2011 12:17 AM
    Sunday, October 24, 2010 9:04 PM
  • help  need that website too, i have been having so much trouble trying to do this. i put in what was stated in the second responds www.unf.edu/coas/math-stat/download.html no luck. thanks

my e-mail address: smileofaangel@hotmail.com or manicuremama@lycos.com

Tuesday, April 12, 2011 12:19 AM
  • Hi:

I tried this but in 2010 the pathway does not provide unwise.exe.  I located unwise.exe in Power and Precision 2 but that was the uninstaller program.   Not sure what to do from here.  Thoughts?

Thanks

gene

Thursday, April 12, 2012 4:15 PM