none
MS Streets & Trips 2013 for Windows 8

Question

• I bought the 2013 disk from Newegg and the program runs with Windows 7, but it doesn't 

with my new Windows 8 (64 bit).  Do others have this problem and when will MS fix it?  Surely they know about Windows 8!!!

Sunday, November 18, 2012 5:59 AM

All replies

• I got the 2013 working with Windows 8 by reinstalling the driver that goes with the device that picks up satellite signals.  The driver connected the device to the comm port, and I then configured Streets and Trips to go to that comm port for its information.  For my device, it was comm port 3.
    Monday, November 19, 2012 2:04 PM
  • I had the same problem and was able to solve it as follows. Go into Control Panel/System & Security/Windows Firewall. Enter the section labelled - Allow an AP through windows firewall. I noticed that Streets & Trips was not listed as an allowed AP. Browse for Streets & Trips and add as an allowed AP. Exit & restart your computer to allow the Windows update. It should then work fine (did for me anyway). Good luck.
    Tuesday, November 20, 2012 11:09 PM
  • how did you reinstall the driver that goes with the device (that picks up satellite signals)?
    Saturday, September 14, 2013 7:28 PM