Medialibrary on WHS Site ==> Mark folder as Images, Music, Movie or Mix.

General discussion

• It would be nice to be able to mark the folders set for media sharing on the whs site as Images, Music, Movie or Mix.

That way, by example, my CD Covers won't be visible in the Images library. It would be much easier to manage.

Thursday, May 19, 2011 10:08 AM

All replies

• I secod this.  I am very suprised that they did this, since no other programs work this way.  Did they just run out of time on the development or did they do this for a specific reason.

I need to do this so.  My album art does not show up in my pictures.  My podcasts do not get mixed with my music, etc...

It would also be nice to have folders in the videos, where currently this is flat.  Not sure why this is...

Tuesday, May 24, 2011 12:25 PM
  • I had the same issue. I fixed it by removing or renaming non-standard art files in the music folders. WHS 2011 ignores the AlbumArt_{alphanumeric}_Large, AlbumArt_{alphanumeric}_Small, AlbumArtSmall, and Folder.jpg files.

I hope this helps you.

Dave

The Frog on the Lilypad at Home
    Thursday, May 26, 2011 6:29 AM
  • I had the same issue. I fixed it by removing or renaming non-standard art files in the music folders. WHS 2011 ignores the AlbumArt_{alphanumeric}_Large, AlbumArt_{alphanumeric}_Small, AlbumArtSmall, and Folder.jpg files.

I hope this helps you.

Dave

The Frog on the Lilypad at Home

Aha! So that's what's going on... I wondered why I was seeing an Album Art cover in my Pictures library. Now I know why - it has a non-standard name. Thanks, Dave!
    Thursday, May 26, 2011 7:57 AM