none
Windows 7 Suddenly Invalid?

Question

• I followed the instructions from a forum post by Dan at IT Associates on page: http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/genuinevista/thread/fdb896ef-bf53-4bef-9bb5-12efea46b6ea. Here is my Diagnostic Report. He also wanted to know the error code after trying to validate. I received no error code. The page just sat there with the green circle spinning. I walked away for a couple of hours and when I came back it hadn't changed.

Here's what my situation is and what I had done prior to coming to this forum:

<!-- @page { margin: 0.79in } P { margin-bottom: 0.08in } -->

I purchased a used HP laptop 3 months ago with Windows 7 Ultimate installed. It was activated and validated. I have had 41 updates on 10 different dates. Last update was 6/24. Now I get a notice in the lower right hand corner - Windows 7 Build 7600 This copy of windows is not genuine.

I also receive a small window Optional Update delivery Is Not Working. You may be the victim of software counterfeiting. Blah Blah... Link > Go online to resolve now.

When I click the link it takes me to: http://www.microsoft.com/genuine/validate/?OSV=6.1.7600.2.00010100.0.0.001.00.1033&LS=2&LegitCheckError=00000052&GenuineInfo=00000000&Channel=8&ErrCode=80070002

This is the Windows validation in process page. I have left this page running as long as 30 minutes and it does nothing.

Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Windows Updates has the red shield and says Most recent check for updates: NEVER and Updates were installed: NEVER. I clicked Check for updates button. I got Error Code 80070002. I followed the instructions for the error code. (Stopped service, deleted temp files and folders, restarted service.) That didn't fix the problem.

I was never offered the System Update Readiness Tool because I don't have a problem that it could fix. But I went there anyway: http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=947821 and I went to All Supported x86-based versions of Window 7 and I clicked the link: Download the update package now. That took me to: The System Update Readiness Tool Page. I clicked the Validate Button. Downloaded the Validation Tool, entered the code and it took me to the same Validation Page as above and it did nothing again. It just sits there with the green circle spinning.

I assume that Validation and Update problems are one in the same. Now what do I do? How can my Windows be valid one day and not the next?

Thank you

R

HP DV9500 Notebook PC

Windows 7 Ultimate 6.1.7600 Build 7600

Diagnostic Report (1.9.0027.0):
    -----------------------------------------
    Windows Validation Data-->

Validation Code: 50
    Cached Online Validation Code: 0x0
    Windows Product Key: *****-*****-GJY49-VJBQ7-HYRR2
    Windows Product Key Hash: W5/6nm6F2UPXrCkY5xUhXb/+21g=
    Windows Product ID: 00426-OEM-8992662-00006
    Windows Product ID Type: 2
    Windows License Type: OEM SLP
    Windows OS version: 6.1.7600.2.00010100.0.0.001
    ID: {DE22CBD1-68E3-489C-B195-ACABDAC5D761}(3)
    Is Admin: Yes
    TestCab: 0x0
    LegitcheckControl ActiveX: N/A, hr = 0x80070002
    Signed By: N/A, hr = 0x80070002
    Product Name: Windows 7 Ultimate
    Architecture: 0x00000000
    Build lab: 7600.win7_gdr.100226-1909
    TTS Error:
    Validation Diagnostic:
    Resolution Status: N/A

Vista WgaER Data-->
    ThreatID(s): N/A, hr = 0x80070002
    Version: N/A, hr = 0x80070002

Windows XP Notifications Data-->
    Cached Result: N/A, hr = 0x80070002
    File Exists: No
    WgaTray.exe Signed By: N/A, hr = 0x80070002
    WgaLogon.dll Signed By: N/A, hr = 0x80070002

OGA Notifications Data-->
    OGAExec.exe Signed By: N/A, hr = 0x80070002
    OGAAddin.dll Signed By: N/A, hr = 0x80070002

OGA Data-->
    Office Status: 109 N/A
    OGA Version: N/A, 0x80070002
    Office Diagnostics: 025D1FF3-364-80041010_025D1FF3-229-80041010_025D1FF3-230-1_025D1FF3-517-80040154_025D1FF3-237-80040154_025D1FF3-238-2_025D1FF3-244-80070002_025D1FF3-258-3

Browser Data-->
    Proxy settings: N/A
    User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Win32)
    Default Browser: C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe
    Download signed ActiveX controls: Prompt
    Download unsigned ActiveX controls: Disabled
    Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins: Allowed
    Initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe: Disabled
    Allow scripting of Internet Explorer Webbrowser control: Disabled
    Active scripting: Allowed
    Script ActiveX controls marked as safe for scripting: Allowed

File Scan Data-->

Other data-->
    Office Details: <GenuineResults><MachineData><UGUID>{DE22CBD1-68E3-489C-B195-ACABDAC5D761}</UGUID><Version>1.9.0027.0</Version><OS>6.1.7600.2.00010100.0.0.001</OS><Architecture>x32</Architecture><PKey>*****-*****-*****-*****-HYRR2</PKey><PID>00426-OEM-8992662-00006</PID><PIDType>2</PIDType><SID>S-1-5-21-470750763-1464798441-2161459049</SID><SYSTEM><Manufacturer>Hewlett-Packard</Manufacturer><Model>HP Pavilion dv9500 Notebook PC    </Model></SYSTEM><BIOS><Manufacturer>Hewlett-Packard</Manufacturer><Version>F.31    </Version><SMBIOSVersion major="2" minor="4"/><Date>20081124000000.000000+000</Date></BIOS><HWID>10B93607018400FE</HWID><UserLCID>0409</UserLCID><SystemLCID>0409</SystemLCID><TimeZone>US Mountain Standard Time(GMT-07:00)</TimeZone><iJoin>0</iJoin><SBID><stat>3</stat><msppid></msppid><name></name><model></model></SBID><OEM><OEMID>ACRSYS</OEMID><OEMTableID>ACRPRDCT</OEMTableID></OEM><GANotification/></MachineData><Software><Office><Result>109</Result><Products/><Applications/></Office></Software></GenuineResults>  

Spsys.log Content: 0x80070002

Licensing Data-->
    C:\Windows\system32\slmgr.vbs(1333, 5) (null): The system cannot find the file specified.

Windows Activation Technologies-->
    HrOffline: 0x00000000
    HrOnline: 0x00000000
    HealthStatus: 0x0000000000000000
    Event Time Stamp: 4:4:2010 20:14
    ActiveX: Registered, Version: 7.1.7600.16395
    Admin Service: Registered, Version: 7.1.7600.16395
    HealthStatus Bitmask Output:

HWID Data-->
    HWID Hash Current: OgAAAAEABwABAAEAAAABAAAAAwABAAEAJJRkxYTHmGAgvoAEvOOIzHYbBpiAXEQs6lpN1ERZmvN4qg==

OEM Activation 1.0 Data-->
    N/A

OEM Activation 2.0 Data-->
    BIOS valid for OA 2.0: yes
    Windows marker version: 0x20001
    OEMID and OEMTableID Consistent: yes
    BIOS Information:
      ACPI Table Name    OEMID Value    OEMTableID Value
      APIC            PTLTD              APIC  
      FACP            NVIDIA        MCP67-M
      SRAT            AMD           HAMMER  
      HPET            PTLTD         HPETTBL
      BOOT            PTLTD         $SBFTBL$
      MCFG            PTLTD           MCFG  
      TCPA            Phoeni        x      
      SSDT            PTLTD         POWERNOW
      SLIC            ACRSYS        ACRPRDCT

Thursday, July 01, 2010 2:22 PM

Answers

• Don't worry about it - your Key is NOT an exploit as such, it's simply an OEM SLP Key. There is a 'Loader' or 'Activation Hack' installed to get it to work on your PC, which has been identified by one of the updates you recently received.

The Key is actually from an Acer PC, rather than your Hewlett Packard, and it's this which is causing Windows to have a hissy-fit, as it means that the person you bought the machine from was being 'economical with the truth', in that they used a different machine's disc to install windows, and it is be a pirate version.

Please check the Sticky Label , and let us know what version of WIndows, and what edition (I suspect that it will say Vista, Home Premium) is quoted. It's that version of windows which the machine is licensed to use, whatever your supplier told you.

HTH

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    Friday, July 02, 2010 1:06 AM
  • Dan and RaiRye,

Thank you for all your help. It was very much appreciated.

R

• Marked as answer by MrWmnHtr Tuesday, July 06, 2010 7:09 AM
    Tuesday, July 06, 2010 7:09 AM

All replies

• Hello Mr WmnHtr,

Please look on the bottom of your laptop (could be in the battery compartment, too) and tell us about the Certificate of Authenticity:

1.  What version and edtion of Windows is listed on it?

2.  Does the CoA have HP, HPQ, or similar on the line under the description of Windows?

Don't post the product key!

Buy Office 2007 Now, Get Office 2010 Free http://office2010.microsoft.com/en-us/tech-guarantee/microsoft-office-2010-technology-guarantee-FX101825695.aspx?CTT=97
    Thursday, July 01, 2010 3:20 PM
  • Hi Mr. WmnHtr,

I tried using a search engine to validate if your serial is an exploit..well it is actually an exploit. Did you use a loader to activate it?

if that's the case verify with your local vendor.

here is the result from the search engine..

http://www.google.com.ph/search?q=GJY49-VJBQ7-HYRR2&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a  <-- from google

http://www.bing.com/search?q=GJY49-VJBQ7-HYRR2&go=&form=QBRE&filt=all&qs=n&sk=&sc=8-5 <-- from Bing.com

for more information please go to http://www.microsoft.com/genuine

Thursday, July 01, 2010 8:32 PM
  • Hi RaiRye,

I looked up exploit: It is a piece of software , a chunk of data, or sequence of commands that take advantage of a bug , glitch or vulnerability in order to cause unintended or unanticipated behavior to occur on computer software, hardware, or something electronic (usually computerised). This frequently includes such things as gaining control of a computer system or allowing privilege escalation or a denial of service attack.

I don't know what a loader is so I'm sure I didn't use one to activate it. And I have no idea what a local vendor is. I assume that is a retail outlet. I bought this from a college student who got a newer one from daddy.

The person I bought the computer from didn't want to leave any of her information on the HHD so she used the System Recovery Console and reinstalled Windows and left it up to me to activate, validate, and update. I went to Microsoft.com and validated Windows BEFORE I purchased. I did all the updates later that night. Everything was fine for the last 3 months until 3 days ago. I had MS updates a week ago. I haven't a clue where the exploit came from as I have active and up to date anti virus, anti malware, firewall, secure wireless, etc.

I have been to http://www.microsoft.com/genuine several times in the last several days. I didn't see a solution there. All I saw was how to recognize counterfeit software. I didn't buy any software. According to MS this was a legal copy when I validated, activated and updated on 4/4. And I assume it was a legal copy when I received automatic updates on 4/14, 4/24, 4/28, 5/11, 5/12, 5/26, 6/4, 6/11 and 6/24. What do you want me to do there? I'm confused. What do I do now?

I just noticed that I haven't see the "counterfeit software pop up " for several hours. It was popping up every 5 minutes. What does that mean?

Thanks for your patients,

R

Thursday, July 01, 2010 10:06 PM
  • Sir,

I highly advice you consult your vendor first regarding this matter. it seems that the vendor is responsible in this. :)

Friday, July 02, 2010 1:05 AM
  • Don't worry about it - your Key is NOT an exploit as such, it's simply an OEM SLP Key. There is a 'Loader' or 'Activation Hack' installed to get it to work on your PC, which has been identified by one of the updates you recently received.

The Key is actually from an Acer PC, rather than your Hewlett Packard, and it's this which is causing Windows to have a hissy-fit, as it means that the person you bought the machine from was being 'economical with the truth', in that they used a different machine's disc to install windows, and it is be a pirate version.

Please check the Sticky Label , and let us know what version of WIndows, and what edition (I suspect that it will say Vista, Home Premium) is quoted. It's that version of windows which the machine is licensed to use, whatever your supplier told you.

HTH

Friday, July 02, 2010 1:06 AM
  • Hello MrWmnHtr,

Please look on the bottom of your laptop (could be in the battery compartment, too) and tell us about the Certificate of Authenticity:

1.  What version and edtion of Windows is listed on it?

2.  Does the CoA have HP, HPQ, or similar on the line under the description of Windows?

Don't post the product key!

Buy Office 2007 Now, Get Office 2010 Free http://office2010.microsoft.com/en-us/tech-guarantee/microsoft-office-2010-technology-guarantee-FX101825695.aspx?CTT=97
    Friday, July 02, 2010 3:14 AM
  • RaiRye,

Again, No vendor. I bought it from a woman on Craigslist.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Noel,

You are correct it is Vista Home Premium. The Sticky Label is very worn out. With my magnifying visor I can not read all the digits on the product code. I do not think I can get this notebook under my microscope.

I noticed this on my Diagnostic Report above:

The event time stamp is the date and approximate time I validated. I have no idea what the rest means.

Also I have no Restore Points prior to receiving these notifications. They are all missing except one.

I thought I did the only thing I could do and that was to validate windows BEFORE I purchased. I don't think I should be punished by MS because they confirmed this as valid copy before I purchased.

OK, How do I fix this? How do I prevent this from happening in the future?

Thank you,

R

Friday, July 02, 2010 3:38 AM
  • Hello MrWmnHtr,

Your HP Pavilion laptop computer currently has an installed Windows 7 Ultimate license that is supposed to be restricted to installation on certain Acer computers only.  Any other installation of this Acer license, such as onto an HP Pavilion computer, is a Violation of the Software Licensing Terms.

In order to get this unauthorized operating system to install, the software pirates had to hack some of the files in the operating system.  This line in the report tells us there is a problem with this file, possibly from the hacks:

Licensing Data-->
    C:\Windows\system32\slmgr.vbs(1333, 5) (null): The system cannot find the file specified.

To attempt to correct this problem, please follow the steps in this mS KB article:  http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929833

If this problem is corrected, it will not make this into a Genuine installation of Windows 7; rather, it will allow the built-in Software Licensing Service and Windows Activation Technologies system to operate again, and that will provide specific information on the current status of the installed Windows.

Also, please verify that the Time, Date, and Time Zone are correctly set on your computer.

Friday, July 02, 2010 4:36 AM
  • Dan,

That link took me to the System File Checker Tool. I ran the tool and got: Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations.

I ran the findstr command and got: FINDSTR:  Cannot open C:\Windows logs\cbs\cbs.log

Yes, The Time, Date, and Time Zone are correctly set on my computer.

What is next?

Friday, July 02, 2010 4:24 PM
  • Hello MrWmnHtr,

Well, we know for sure that your HP laptop is currently using an Acer license for Windows 7 Ultimate and system files were hacked in order for this license to be installed.  As a result of these hacks, Windows is now displaying notices about being nongenuine.

We also know by the CoA that the computer came with a licensed copy of Vista Home Premium.

So here are your options:

1.  Revert back to the licensed Vista Home Premium.  Contact HP tech support or customer service to request that they sell you a set of Recovery/Reinstallation discs so you can put the original shipping Operating System onto the computer.

2.  If you want to keep using W7Ult, genuine-ize the current nongenuine installation of W7Ult by following the prompts being show to you to Learn More online and Get Genuine by purchasing a WGA Kit for W7Ult.  Even though it's possible to immediately install the new genuine product key after your online WGA purchase, given the level of file corruption shown, IMO it would be best to backup and offload your data and then do a clean installation of W7Ult when the WGA Kit's installation discs arrive.

Saturday, July 03, 2010 3:51 AM
  • Dan,

I was afraid of this. @$%!&* Exactly what do I need to do the next time I buy a computer to protect myself from this happening again? I thought I did what I was suppose to do. But apparently I did it wrong. So please give me all the steps needed to ensure that I don't get burned again.

Thank you for all your help.

R

Saturday, July 03, 2010 9:55 AM
  • Hello MrWmnHtr,

Buying used from Craigslist always has an element of "adventure" ;-) to it, so I don't what advice to give you regarding that.

You did get a computer and the computer is licensed to run the Windows listed on the CoA on the bottom, so I suppose the advice that I can give you for next time would be to say that no matter what is installed on the computer, believe that it is licensed to run only what can be proved with physical materials such as that HP CoA on the computer itself.

You also have to realize that the electronic checks done on the Microsoft site are strictly a preliminary screening, in that just because it passes the online check it is not ironclad proof that the installation of the Microsoft product is genuine and properly licensed.  In the cat-and-mouse game of software piracy, the pirates are always one step ahead.

Saturday, July 03, 2010 2:16 PM
  • Dan and RaiRye,

Thank you for all your help. It was very much appreciated.

R

• Marked as answer by MrWmnHtr Tuesday, July 06, 2010 7:09 AM
    Tuesday, July 06, 2010 7:09 AM
  • I followed the instructions from a forum post by Dan at IT Associates on page: http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/genuinevista/thread/fdb896ef-bf53-4bef-9bb5-12efea46b6ea. Here is my Diagnostic Report. He also wanted to know the error code after trying to validate. I received no error code. The page just sat there with the green circle spinning. I walked away for a couple of hours and when I came back it hadn't changed.

I purchased a used HP laptop 3 months ago with Windows 7 Ultimate installed. It was activated and validated. I have had 41 updates on 10 different dates. Last update was 6/24. Now I get a notice in the lower right hand corner - Windows 7 Build 7600 This copy of windows is not genuine.

I also receive a small window Optional Update delivery Is Not Working. You may be the victim of software counterfeiting. Blah Blah... Link > Go online to resolve now.

When I click the link it takes me to: http://www.microsoft.com/genuine/validate/?OSV=6.1.7600.2.00010100.0.0.001.00.1033&LS=2&LegitCheckError=00000052&GenuineInfo=00000000&Channel=8&ErrCode=80070002

This is the Windows validation in process page. I have left this page running as long as 30 minutes and it does nothing.

Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Windows Updates has the red shield and says Most recent check for updates: NEVER and Updates were installed: NEVER. I clicked Check for updates button. I got Error Code 80070002. I followed the instructions for the error code. (Stopped service, deleted temp files and folders, restarted service.) That didn't fix the problem.

I was never offered the System Update Readiness Tool because I don't have a problem that it could fix. But I went there anyway: http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=947821 and I went to All Supported x86-based versions of Window 7 and I clicked the link: Download the update package now. That took me to: The System Update Readiness Tool Page. I clicked the Validate Button. Downloaded the Validation Tool, entered the code and it took me to the same Validation Page as above and it did nothing again. It just sits there with the green circle spinning.

I assume that Validation and Update problems are one in the same. Now what do I do? How can my Windows be valid one day and not the next?

Thank you

R

HP DV9500 Notebook PC

TTS Error:
    Validation Diagnostic:

Vista WgaER Data-->

OGA Data-->
    Office Diagnostics: 025D1FF3-364-80041010_025D1FF3-229-80041010_025D1FF3-230-1_025D1FF3-517-80040154_025D1FF3-237-80040154_025D1FF3-238-2_025D1FF3-244-80070002_025D1FF3-258-3

Browser Data-->

File Scan Data-->

Other data-->
    Office Details: <GenuineResults><MachineData><UGUID>{DE22CBD1-68E3-489C-B195-ACABDAC5D761}</UGUID><Version>1.9.0027.0</Version><OS>6.1.7600.2.00010100.0.0.001</OS><Architecture>x32</Architecture><PKey>*****-*****-*****-*****-HYRR2</PKey><PID>00426-OEM-8992662-00006</PID><PIDType>2</PIDType><SID>S-1-5-21-470750763-1464798441-2161459049</SID><SYSTEM><Manufacturer>Hewlett-Packard</Manufacturer><Model>HP Pavilion dv9500 Notebook PC    </Model></SYSTEM><BIOS><Manufacturer>Hewlett-Packard</Manufacturer><Version>F.31    </Version><SMBIOSVersion major="2" minor="4"/><Date>20081124000000.000000+000</Date></BIOS><HWID>10B93607018400FE</HWID><UserLCID>0409</UserLCID><SystemLCID>0409</SystemLCID><TimeZone>US Mountain Standard Time(GMT-07:00)</TimeZone><iJoin>0</iJoin><SBID><stat>3</stat><msppid></msppid><name></name><model></model></SBID><OEM><OEMID>ACRSYS</OEMID><OEMTableID>ACRPRDCT</OEMTableID></OEM><GANotification/></MachineData><Software><Office><Result>109</Result><Products/><Applications/></Office></Software></GenuineResults>  

Licensing Data-->

HWID Data-->
    HWID Hash Current: OgAAAAEABwABAAEAAAABAAAAAwABAAEAJJRkxYTHmGAgvoAEvOOIzHYbBpiAXEQs6lpN1ERZmvN4qg==

N/A

BIOS Information:

Wednesday, January 26, 2011 7:54 PM
  • "yudhibasir" wrote in message news:c269a3b8-d15c-46ac-8c61-49238c133101...

I followed the instructions from a forum post by Dan at IT Associates on page: http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/genuinevista/thread/fdb896ef-bf53-4bef-9bb5-12efea46b6ea. Here is my Diagnostic Report. He also wanted to know the error code after trying to validate. I received no error code. The page just sat there with the green circle spinning. I walked away for a couple of hours and when I came back it hadn't changed.

Other data-->
    SYSTEM><Manufacturer>Hewlett-Packard</Manufacturer><Model>HP Pavilion dv9500 Notebook PC    </Model></SYSTEM><BIOS><Manufacturer>Hewlett-Packard</Manufacturer><Version>F.31    </Version><SMBIOSVersion major="2" minor="4"/><Date>20081124000000.000000+000</Date></BIOS><

Licensing Data-->

BIOS Information:

Your machine is much too old to be valid for a Windows 7 OEM_SLP installation, and someone has somehow managed to force the install of an Acer recovery disk onto your machine (possibly using a hacker's  Loader program)..
    Look at the COA sticker on the case - for what version and edition of Windows is it? (probably Vista Home Premium)

If your machine came with Windows 7 Ultimate installed, you should demand a refund from the vendor (including shipping costs!), and threaten them with the FBI if they don't immediately accept it
    While not strictly applicable in your case, the general content of both of the following threads will give you something to work with

Wednesday, January 26, 2011 8:57 PM

Thank you

R

HP DV9500 Notebook PC

TTS Error:
    Validation Diagnostic:

Vista WgaER Data-->

OGA Data-->

Browser Data-->

File Scan Data-->

Other data-->

Licensing Data-->

HWID Data-->

N/A

BIOS Information:

Monday, January 31, 2011 4:20 PM
  • Hi Mr. WmnHtr,

I tried using a search engine to validate if your serial is an exploit..well it is actually an exploit. Did you use a loader to activate it?

if that's the case verify with your local vendor.

here is the result from the search engine..

http://www.google.com.ph/search?q=GJY49-VJBQ7-HYRR2&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a  <-- from google

http://www.bing.com/search?q=GJY49-VJBQ7-HYRR2&go=&form=QBRE&filt=all&qs=n&sk=&sc=8-5 <-- from Bing.com

for more information please go to http://www.microsoft.com/genuine

• Proposed as answer by navasat Monday, January 31, 2011 4:27 PM
    Monday, January 31, 2011 4:22 PM
  • PLEASE post your own problems to your OWN, NEW, thread - this avoids confusion.
    The posts you are responding to are over three months old, and probably have no real relevance any more

To properly analyse and solve problems with Activation and Validation, we need to see a full copy of the report produced by the MGADiag tool (download and save to desktop - http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012 )
    Once saved, run the tool.
    Click on the Continue button, which will produce the report.
    To copy the report to your response, click on the Copy button in the tool (ignore any error messages at this point), and then paste (using either r-click/Paste, or Ctrl+V ) into your response.

Monday, January 31, 2011 9:34 PM