Tuesday, March 25, 2008 6:31 AM
I'm investingating what is needed to ensure a CRM 3.0 implementation is not affected by the upcoming daylight saving changes. I have been searching for information on what is required but there seems to be information overload on this subject which makes things a little confusing (certain MS pages appear contradict others)
From what I can gather the approach would be as follows:
1. Update all server OS - KB942763 (Windows Server 2003 SP1 & SP2)
2. Update all client OS
3. Update Exchange Server - KB926666 & KB931915 (Exchange Server 2003 SP2)
4. Update Outlook clients - KB931667 (Outlook 2003)
5. Update CRM 3.0 - Update Rollup 2
6. Run the Update Time Zone Wizard for CRM KB932984
Does this sound correct? Has anybody else worked their way through the reams of information, or, even better actually applied these already?
Thanks for your help!
Tuesday, March 25, 2008 6:44 AMModerator
1. Update general Windows enviornment, in general if the latest updates are apply - should be ok, see this link for more details:
2. Apply the latest update to Microsoft CRM 3.0, see this link for more details:
Tuesday, March 25, 2008 12:04 PM
Friday, March 28, 2008 1:58 AM