Friday, January 20, 2012 4:32 PM
On Update Rollup 5, When using Activity Feeds and clicking on the What's New Area, I get the message "Error : Error : Access is denied".
Friday, January 20, 2012 11:11 PMAnswerer
Try adding the security role 'Activity Feeds' to your user. This security role is included with the activity feeds solution. You shouldn't have this issue if you are logged on as system administrator though.
Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist (CRM) GAP Consulting Ltd Microsoft Community Contributor Award 2011
- Proposed As Answer by Srikanth Nallamothu [MSFT] Wednesday, January 25, 2012 10:42 PM
Thursday, January 26, 2012 2:44 PM
I am logged in as sys admin. I did add this as a user role just in case, but I that didn't help.
The odd part is, it seems to work in my Outlook instances, but same machine, with outlook open, if I open the web version, it does gives me the error.
Tuesday, January 31, 2012 11:37 PMModerator
The message appears when you use the following web addres: http://localhost:5555/MyOrg or http://<IP>:5555/MyOrg It's a problem related with IE settings.
One work around is use the following web addres: http://<server_name>:5555/MyOrg But the final solution is adjust the Security level to below Medium, the issue does not occur.
To adjust security level, go to: Tools > Internet Options > Security tab > Select Local intranet or trusted sites and then adjust the vertical bar to Medium Low. I hope that helps
[MVP]-Microsoft Dynamics CRM | My blog: http://jimmylarrauri.blogspot.com | My twitter: http://twitter.com/jimlarrauri
Wednesday, May 02, 2012 2:28 PMI've had got the same issue on my MS Dynamics On-premise. I've managed to resolve it with adding the CRM site to Local Internet zone (not to Trusted) and using the correct access address (you can get it in Deployment manager or in Developer resources).
- Edited by gmaly Saturday, July 21, 2012 5:03 PM
Tuesday, November 27, 2012 8:42 PM
I had this problem too. Some users were experiencing it, some were not. The users that were experiencing the problem were using "http" instead of "https"
Making sure they were using https fixed the problem.
- Proposed As Answer by Mike Karls Tuesday, November 27, 2012 8:42 PM