Thursday, May 03, 2012 7:43 PM
Microsoft CRM Email Router is using up 100% of my CPU time and also eats up a lot of the memory. Within about 30s of stopping the service CPU time drops down to almost 0% and a lot of memory is being freed up. I looked at the event viewer and found that every single second there are many of the same entries MSCRMEmail event ID 26234. I found one thread with some suggestion but it does not help:
This person seemed to have the same issue and gave up:
The email addresses of all users have been approved by the admin. Also when the system did work properly (which it sometimes does) I did a test email activity. The email was sent correctly, I replied and that reply was captured in CRM. So that part seems to work. So I really don't know what is going on and how to fix it. FYI, here are my email router settings:
Email server type: ExchangeOnline
Access Credentias: Other Specified
UserType: Administrator (...) - only on outgoing profile
Access Type: Send as permission - only on outgoing profile
An online service provider (we host CRM but with IFD, hence that option)
User name: [domain]\[admin account of domain host, which was used during installation]
Details of event error are below. It looks like it's a login problem but as mentioned when I ran some tests it did work.
#26234 - The E-mail Router service could not process a provider work item using assembly: Microsoft.Crm.Tools.EmailProviders.dll and class: Microsoft.Crm.Tools.Email.Providers.ExchangePollingMailboxProvider. System.NotSupportedException: The authentication endpoint Username was not found on the configured Secure Token Service!
Thursday, May 03, 2012 9:50 PMAnswerer
The issue seems to be related with authentication. you may need to look in that direction. The Async Service generates the tokens, I would set up wireshark and monitor the packets to understand what is happening.
It sounds like IFD is not 100% and the email router is unable to authenticate.
Can you set up the email router service to run with the crm admin or service account and check if this helped?
Visit my blog for CRM material, improving performance, kerberos, IFD, development tips, etc. :) http://quantusdynamics.blogspot.com
Wednesday, May 09, 2012 3:14 PM
if CRM 2011 with IFD, try this:
- Marked As Answer by hfaun Friday, June 29, 2012 6:36 PM
Friday, June 29, 2012 6:36 PM
Thanks for the reply HHMMA! I did a new installation with ADFS and the email router on the same system. I experienced the same issue again as before with ADFS and the email router on a different sytem. I followed the instructions on adding the registry key and the problem did go away.
THANKS A LOT!
Btw, although before ADFS and the email router were on different systems I have a feeling it was the same problem as the behavior was exactly the same. Previously it started working but I have a feeling I might have changed the startup behavior of ADFS (removing the delayed). I do recall I did this for one service and it's quite possible it was the ADFS service. Doing it through the registry seems safer, though because with the former method you still don't know if the email router service starts a bit before ADFS ( guess you could put the email router service on delayed startup).