Wednesday, May 09, 2012 4:09 AM
I want to unselect the Product entity
as of now this entity is visible on Sales and workplace..
so i'm not able to un select the enity .. coz it's buit-in one.. so please suggest me how to unselect the checkbox?
Wednesday, May 09, 2012 4:49 AM
you can use Sitemap Editor to Hide the Entity,
from this link, http://sitemapeditor.codeplex.com/ Connect the CRM by providing the User Credentials and connect to CRM sitemap and start Redesigning
Wednesday, May 09, 2012 5:14 AM
I'm not able to find exactly .. you can tell me any other alternative solutions how to remove that entity...
Wednesday, May 09, 2012 5:21 AMModerator
you have two options either modify sitemap manually,
1 create solution
2. Add sitemap to your solution and export it
3. comment product sub area in customization xml file, zip file and import back to crm
or use sitemap editor (will be easier) as suggested by purush.
you can use sitemap editor for this
1. Create connection to your crm organization
2. Load sitemap
3. Remove unwanted area from sitemap
4. Update sitemap.
refresh your browser, that's it.
let us know if you need more information on this
Wednesday, May 09, 2012 5:45 AM
I'm not able to connect the sitemap..
i don't know exact reason it's say's some error 407 etc..
we have own server and deployed in crm application in that server..
which one have to selecte and IFD or crmonline?
please suggest me on this..i'm new to use sitemap editor
Wednesday, May 09, 2012 9:57 AM
Please visit below links for more help.
Thanks, Ankit Shah
Inkey Solutions, India.
Microsoft Certified Business Management Solutions Professionals
Thursday, May 10, 2012 5:16 AM
If you are having trouble with connecting to the server or Exporting the Sitemap in a solution and Editing the XML file.
you can always Download the Sitemap Solution and Import into your Production Server, then Edit your Site map directly within your CRM Server neat and tidy.
Follow the below steps to achieve:
1. Download Sitemap Solution Microsoft PinPoint - SITEMAP EDITOR
2.After downloading the cab file from the marketplace, import it into CRM by going to Settings -> Solutions and click on the Import button and go through the wizard.
3. Verify that it was installed by checking the list of solutions. Settings -> Solutions.
4. Double click on the Microsoft Dynamics CRM SiteMap Editor solution in Settings -> Solutions, and go to Configuration to load the editor. You will notice that the areas, sub-areas and groups are loaded at the left pane (the Navigation Pane), and the editing pane is at the right side. Areas are the first level of elements, followed by groups in the second level, and sub-areas(Entities) at the bottom level as shown in the image below.