none
[DISCUSS] Microsoft GP Connector - Custom Entity

Question

• Hi All,

During I do mapping from CRM to GP by using Microsoft Dynamics GP Connector, the custom entity (Eg: Application) did not work properly but the standard entity (Account) is fine.

From the screenshot below is a Account Entity that have a Submit button to turn on the integration flag

But for the Application Entity did not show any Submit button as screenshot below,

May I have a guide how to let the connector integrate the custom entity as well?

Thanks your help. :)

Wednesday, February 08, 2012 9:22 AM

All replies

• Hi,

R u using dynamics connector, the accounts to gp customer will come as default map. To create map for custom entity you need to develop or create new map using connector SDK. Need to develop the code in VS .Net, convert it into dll and put that dll into the connector. Then you can able to create map for custome entities.

Thanks & Regards, MS CRM Consultant, V.Surya.

Wednesday, February 08, 2012 6:56 PM
  • Hi,

The "Submit" button exist only in Account, Contact and Order entities. It's a just custom button on form which you upload with Connector Solution.

When you hit "submit", "Integration Key" will be populated and IsReadyForIntegration turn true.  

If you including Custom CRM entity, then after Update Connector Setting you should have "Dynamics Integration Key" field only in your Entity.

So, After creating and activating map with your Custom Entity, when you create and save new record in your entity, Connector will pick it up immediately

and in general, you don't need "submit" button for custom entity.

Cheers,

Konstantin

www.nav-connector.com

Wednesday, February 08, 2012 11:17 PM
  • Hi,

R u using dynamics connector, the accounts to gp customer will come as default map. To create map for custom entity you need to develop or create new map using connector SDK. Need to develop the code in VS .Net, convert it into dll and put that dll into the connector. Then you can able to create map for custome entities.

Hi,

Thanks your feedback. By the way, Im using the latest dynamics connector and during i mapping times, i can see all the custom entity as screenshot below,

If want to get the sdk, where is the site I need to refer?

• Edited by Knockyo Thursday, February 09, 2012 2:44 AM
    Thursday, February 09, 2012 1:47 AM
  • Hi,

In crm 2011 it will list all the custom entitties, fields alll while configuring the apater settings, please check all the custom fields and tables are displaying in GP also. You can download the SDK from the partner source, in sdk itself you have example have to write new adapter, custom map. That example also for CRM GP integration. It will open in VS 2010. The submit button will appears in account and contact form only after importing the connector solution, in order form after configuring the adapter settings.

Thursday, February 09, 2012 2:10 AM
  • Hi,

The "Submit" button exist only in Account, Contact and Order entities. It's a just custom button on form which you upload with Connector Solution.

When you hit "submit", "Integration Key" will be populated and IsReadyForIntegration turn true.  

If you including Custom CRM entity, then after Update Connector Setting you should have "Dynamics Integration Key" field only in your Entity.

So, After creating and activating map with your Custom Entity, when you create and save new record in your entity, Connector will pick it up immediately

and in general, you don't need "submit" button for custom entity.

Cheers,

Konstantin

www.nav-connector.com

Hi,

I try to map it again. I'm so curious, if i'm using the default entity and click on the "submit" button, the integration is work. But for custom entity and did not have any "submit" button, it did not show any integration work.

what is the problem?

Thursday, February 09, 2012 2:46 AM
  • Hi,

In crm 2011 it will list all the custom entitties, fields alll while configuring the apater settings, please check all the custom fields and tables are displaying in GP also. You can download the SDK from the partner source, in sdk itself you have example have to write new adapter, custom map. That example also for CRM GP integration. It will open in VS 2010. The submit button will appears in account and contact form only after importing the connector solution, in order form after configuring the adapter settings.

Hi,

In this case, did I still need to use the SDK since I able to see the mapping setting with a Custom Entity?

Thursday, February 09, 2012 3:53 AM
  • Another question i:

(1) Why i get repeating the Entity name at my Dynamics connector as screenshow below,

(2) Once I try to map the Application entity with customer, is show below error message. What it means?

thanks

• Edited by Knockyo Thursday, February 09, 2012 7:08 AM
    Thursday, February 09, 2012 6:44 AM
  • Anyone can help?
    Thursday, February 09, 2012 11:42 PM
  • Anyone?
    Saturday, February 11, 2012 7:45 AM
  • Hi,

R u configured crm 2 times after selecting the crm entities.

1. Once you configured first time, after that you added any custom filed, custom entity means, again you want to configure that time you want to select skip on configured, if didnt select means it comes twince.

Saturday, February 11, 2012 6:17 PM
  • Hi,

For the second question, please send me the error which his recorded under event viewer and exception in GP.

Saturday, February 11, 2012 6:19 PM
  • Hi,

Hi,

I try to map it again. I'm so curious, if i'm using the default entity and click on the "submit" button, the integration is work. But for custom entity and did not have any "submit" button, it did not show any integration work.

what is the problem?

Ans: in crm you will import one connector solution right, while importing that solution it contains connector customization, pluigns, jscript, and while configuring in the connector that submit button will appears. 

Saturday, February 11, 2012 6:22 PM
  • Custom entities in CRM can be integrated by simply running the CRM configuration utility and selecting those custom entities that you wish to integrate to / from.  Next you will create a new map from or to that entity and to or from an entity in the other system.  Once the map has been created, you can then use the Connector mapping client to map your fields, create a schedule for that map, and active that map.  You DO NOT need to use the SDK to create integrations / maps to and from custom CRM entities.  Nor do you need to use the SDK to integrate to or from NAV 2009 R2 or AX 2012.  Any services that are exposed by those applications can be used by Connector by simply running the configuration utilities for those applications.  If you need to integrate to custom services in AX 2009 or to entities not currently exposed in GP 10 or GP 2010, you would need to create a new adapter using the SDK.

The issue that you have run into with having entities listed twice in the configuration utility for CRM is a known issue and does have a KB written up for it and can be found here within PartnerSource: https://mbs.microsoft.com/knowledgebase/KBDisplay.aspx?scid=kb;en-US;2670535.  This is also scheduled to be fixed in an upcoming refresh of the V2 version that was posted in December 2011.

The "Submit" button is added by our solution to the Account and Contact forms.  This forces the user to "submit" an instance of these records for integration and this functionality was added in direct response to feedback from customers who stated that they didn't want all Accounts and Contacts integrating by default.  The "Submit" button that is added to the Sales Order from is implemented by the CRM platform itself and more information for that functionality can be found in the CRM SDK documentation.  By default, when you create a map for custom entities in CRM, they will all be integrated based on their modified date in CRM.  If you would like to emulate the "submit" functionality (so that your users have to preform some action before an instance of your new entity will be scheduled for integration) you could do this through your own custom solution and documentation to preform those types of operations can be found in the CRM SDK Documentation as well.  Then, you could use the new filtering functionality in Connector for Microsoft Dynamics to filter based on a field on your entity that gets set when your custom "Submit" button is clicked.

The Connector team blog is also a great reference for all things Connector for Microsoft Dynamics: http://blogs.msdn.com/b/dynamicsconnector/

• Proposed as answer by thehetz Tuesday, February 14, 2012 7:25 PM
    Tuesday, February 14, 2012 7:25 PM
  • Custom entities in CRM can be integrated by simply running the CRM configuration utility and selecting those custom entities that you wish to integrate to / from.  Next you will create a new map from or to that entity and to or from an entity in the other system.  Once the map has been created, you can then use the Connector mapping client to map your fields, create a schedule for that map, and active that map.  You DO NOT need to use the SDK to create integrations / maps to and from custom CRM entities.  Nor do you need to use the SDK to integrate to or from NAV 2009 R2 or AX 2012.  Any services that are exposed by those applications can be used by Connector by simply running the configuration utilities for those applications.  If you need to integrate to custom services in AX 2009 or to entities not currently exposed in GP 10 or GP 2010, you would need to create a new adapter using the SDK.

The issue that you have run into with having entities listed twice in the configuration utility for CRM is a known issue and does have a KB written up for it and can be found here within PartnerSource: https://mbs.microsoft.com/knowledgebase/KBDisplay.aspx?scid=kb;en-US;2670535.  This is also scheduled to be fixed in an upcoming refresh of the V2 version that was posted in December 2011.

The "Submit" button is added by our solution to the Account and Contact forms.  This forces the user to "submit" an instance of these records for integration and this functionality was added in direct response to feedback from customers who stated that they didn't want all Accounts and Contacts integrating by default.  The "Submit" button that is added to the Sales Order from is implemented by the CRM platform itself and more information for that functionality can be found in the CRM SDK documentation.  By default, when you create a map for custom entities in CRM, they will all be integrated based on their modified date in CRM.  If you would like to emulate the "submit" functionality (so that your users have to preform some action before an instance of your new entity will be scheduled for integration) you could do this through your own custom solution and documentation to preform those types of operations can be found in the CRM SDK Documentation as well.  Then, you could use the new filtering functionality in Connector for Microsoft Dynamics to filter based on a field on your entity that gets set when your custom "Submit" button is clicked.

The Connector team blog is also a great reference for all things Connector for Microsoft Dynamics: http://blogs.msdn.com/b/dynamicsconnector/

Hi,

Since the destination entity did not show others entities that I needed, you are try to recommended using adapter SDK? Where to get it?

I just want to clarify, using adapter SDK or GP Web Services/eConnect is a much more easier to solve my problems? Do you have any refences or guide?

Based on the link that you given https://mbs.microsoft.com/knowledgebase/KBDisplay.aspx?scid=kb;en-US;2670535, the page are not found.

Thanks.

Thursday, February 23, 2012 2:32 PM
  • If your destination is Microsoft Dynamics GP and the entity that you want to write into isn't shown in the list of "Destination Entities", then yes you will have to use the SDK to create your own GP adapter that exposes those entities to the Connector service and Mapping client.  This adapter would normally communicate with Microsoft Dynamics GP via the GP Web Service but if the entities that you are looking for are not exposed through thte GP Web Service then you'll need to use eConnect for your communication within the adapter most likely. 

Sorry that link was broken for you, it appear to be broken for me know as well.

The SDK is freely available at: https://mbs.microsoft.com/partnersource/marketing/marketingcollateral/messagingframeworks/MSDY_ConnectorforMicrosoftDynamics.htm.  In the "Product Information" section you will see a link to download the SDK.

Thursday, February 23, 2012 2:52 PM
  • If your destination is Microsoft Dynamics GP and the entity that you want to write into isn't shown in the list of "Destination Entities", then yes you will have to use the SDK to create your own GP adapter that exposes those entities to the Connector service and Mapping client.  This adapter would normally communicate with Microsoft Dynamics GP via the GP Web Service but if the entities that you are looking for are not exposed through thte GP Web Service then you'll need to use eConnect for your communication within the adapter most likely. 

Sorry that link was broken for you, it appear to be broken for me know as well.

The SDK is freely available at: https://mbs.microsoft.com/partnersource/marketing/marketingcollateral/messagingframeworks/MSDY_ConnectorforMicrosoftDynamics.htm.  In the "Product Information" section you will see a link to download the SDK.

Hi,

Thanks your reply. Below is the whole table mapping details,

what i need to handle is below situation:

Based on scneario above, since is that I need to involve 2 parts of coding as below,
    (1) CRM Coding (MicrosoftDynamicsAdapterSDK)
    (2) GP Coding (eConnect)
    For the GP site, is that involve GP Web Services or eConnect? I'm not sure which is the main function there.

I understand that all SDK above have some documentation and guidelines, but I need it quite urgent for my problem. Do you have any extra info on your experience so I can direct get the solution?

Thanks.

Friday, February 24, 2012 12:34 AM
  • (1)There should be no coding need in the CRM adapter as the entities that you want to map are already exposed.

(2) For GP you will need to create your own GP adapter using Connector's SDK.  I would first investigate if these GP entities are availalbe through thte GP web service and if they are definately use that instead of eConnect.

Connector's support team does offer services that might help you to get this work done - I would definately contact them to see if they can help you out.

• Proposed as answer by thehetz Friday, February 24, 2012 1:55 PM
    Friday, February 24, 2012 1:55 PM
  • (1)There should be no coding need in the CRM adapter as the entities that you want to map are already exposed.

(2) For GP you will need to create your own GP adapter using Connector's SDK.  I would first investigate if these GP entities are availalbe through thte GP web service and if they are definately use that instead of eConnect.

Connector's support team does offer services that might help you to get this work done - I would definately contact them to see if they can help you out.

Hi,

thanks in advance first ... :)

Actually I do submit a case to the Microsoft Support, they only send me all the general info, eg: Forum and blog. They didn't even give me a solution that suit my issue. I really need help on more specify detail on my case.

Hope that you can have a helping hand on my case or do you have any emai? So, I can deal with you directly easily.

Friday, February 24, 2012 2:22 PM
  • What is your case number?
    Friday, February 24, 2012 2:25 PM

Hi,

[REG:212022148541692001] Dynamic Connector - Mapping Source & Destination

Thanks.

Friday, February 24, 2012 2:30 PM

Hi,

Is that any feedback? Thanks. :)

Saturday, February 25, 2012 12:44 AM

Hi, any feedback?
    Tuesday, February 28, 2012 12:16 AM
  • Anyone????
    Tuesday, February 28, 2012 9:38 AM
  • Hi,

I have reviewed the case notes from 212022148541692001 and also reviewed this thread and am not sure what your exact issue is at this point.   There are multiple issues in the case and multiple issues in this thread.  Can you clarify the problem you are trying to solve and I can provide some advice?   Please be specific in what data you are going to try to integrate between Dynamics GP and CRM and if you will be writing data one way or multi-directional.

Best regards,

Chris Roehrich
    Partner Online Technical Community
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    We hope you get value from our new forums platform! Tell us what you think:
    http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/partnerfdbk/threads
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights

Tuesday, February 28, 2012 2:24 PM