none
mono voice from mic

Question

• I am using songsmith trial version. After recording I get  my voice in one side only. How to rectify that?
    Thursday, November 29, 2012 3:37 AM

All replies

• Thanks for your interest in Songsmith... as a first step, it would help if you could find out whether this issue is specific to Songsmith or is a problem with your microphone, e.g. by recording some sound in the Windows "Sound Recorder" program. 

If this happens in all programs, which is likely, this is probably an issue with your physical microphone connecting only to one side of a stereo input on your sound device.  I'd recommend first trying a different microphone; I'm 99% sure that will solve the problem.  A USB microphone will simplify your life and take a lot of possible issues out of the equation.

Hope that helps!

-Dan from the Songsmith Team

Sunday, December 09, 2012 4:18 AM
  • hi folks well last night i downloaded the free demo of songsmith and it was a good piece of work except i had the same problem as Kiran phalke i put a vocal on and all i got was the one speaker sound with the vocals on now i have maudio for my sound and maudio mic usb it works on everything i use  but not songsmith also you can't mix any of the track that i recorded i was going to buy this songsmith studio but not now also it states no shipping to the united kingdom it works ok when playing the music but not good for recording vocals if microsoft can fix it that' Great Thank you.                                                        Happy Christmas.

Tony Quinn

• Edited by Tony Quinn Tuesday, December 11, 2012 11:22 PM
    Tuesday, December 11, 2012 11:19 PM