none
IIS Customer portal error:

Question

• Hi There,

Shaun I am a big fan of yours

Portal is fine while debug vs2010, nothing is wrong but IIS server give this error, FYI I changed authentication method from live to Form based which works nice.Please help

token could not be satisfied because authentication failed.Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.            

Exception Details: System.ServiceModel.FaultException: The request for security token could not be satisfied because authentication failed.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.                  

Tuesday, May 14, 2013 8:08 AM

All replies

• I cannot tell you the solution to this error without knowing a lot more about the modifications you made to the portal.  You mentioned that you changed the authentication method from live to form based.  This sounds like the source of the problem, but I would need more specifics on what you changed to accomplish this task.  Can you provide snippets from your web.config that show the current configuration and provide a description for the other changes you made to the portal?  I would also need more information on where you experienced the error - is it on the first request to the portal, after you authenticate, or somewhere else?  The full stack trace of the error would also be helpful.

Shan McArthur www.shanmcarthur.net Check out the commercial edition of xRM portals @ www.adxstudio.com

Thursday, July 04, 2013 7:33 PM
  • Thank you so much for your reply, I actually solved the issue and the portal is working fine.
    Friday, July 05, 2013 4:36 AM