none
How many exams do I have to take to get the MCITP certification?

Question

• Hello I'm new in this Microsoft Certifications, but I'm working with computers and networking stuff. I'm interesting in get the MCITP certification.

My questions are:

1) How many exams do I have to take to get the MCITP certification? (6, 7 and one elective????? )

2) Can someone tell me the exams codes or numbers? (That way I can study those that I may need)

3) Do I need the MCTS, MCSE certifications or basically they arethe same?

4) What about the A+ or Network+, do I need it to complement the Microsoft certifications?

Thank you so much, in advance for your help guys.

Wednesday, November 10, 2010 1:42 PM

Answers

All replies

• It depends upon WHICH MCITP certification you're referring to?  Is it the MCITP Server 2008 Server Administrator, Server 2008 Enterprise Administrator, Enterprise Desktop Administrator 7?

The Microsoft Learning site provides all of the specifics as to which exams you need to pass to earn a specific MCITP designation

http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en/us/certification/cert-default.aspx

Wednesday, November 10, 2010 2:09 PM
    Answerer
  • Ok thank u but... like I just mentioned  above I'm new with this Microsoft Certifications.

What I'm trying to do is get any Microsoft certification, but something that I can take advantage of, for me is not clear about MCSA, MCTS or MCITP certification.. I mean this certification require the completion of certain number of EXAMS?

If I take MCSA, do I need to take the MCITP exams, or I just choose what to study . I was thinking about these certifications like a some kind of degree. I'm wrong?

Thank u again

Helmer Horta
    Wednesday, November 10, 2010 3:20 PM
  • The exams that lead to the MCSA designation are based on Server 2003.  The MCITP designation specific to Server 2008 is based on...Server 2008.  They're totally different.

You don't need to take the MCSA first. 

The Microsoft Learning site link I provided has links to separate pages within the site that will answer your questions.  For example, this link provides an overview of their certifications - http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en/us/certification/cert-overview.aspx

Wednesday, November 10, 2010 3:25 PM
    Answerer
  • Thank u. for ur time, But as I see the very first step is take the MCSE witch give me in the study process another certifications (MCP, etc). then once I get MCSE I will take MCITP, witch complement the late technologies (Win 7 or Vista and Server 2008). I know that is my Election what to study but what I want, is take the correct path taking the exams in order and get as many as certifications I can during the process. (I has been working repairing computers, setting and implementing small networks. I hope you understand what I want. (I want the shortest and not to expensive way to get as many certifications I could get) Thank you
    Helmer Horta
    Wednesday, November 10, 2010 3:58 PM
  • The MCSE isn't a "first step".  It's one of many certification options that Microsoft offers.  You need to clarify WHAT specifically you want to do.  That is, if you want to earn the MCSE first, that's fine.  If you're next desire is to then earn the MCITP Server 2008 Enterprise Administrator designation, then you would have to take/pass four additional exams (70-648, 70-643, 70-647, 70-620 or 70-680 or 70-624).  http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en/us/certification/cert-windowsserver.aspx#tab4

ALL of this information is on the Microsoft Learning site.

Personally, I'd recommend NOT earning the MCSE as it's based on 7+ year old technology.  Almost everything that you'd learn earning the MCITP Server 2008 Enterprise Administrator (a total of five exams) is backwards compatible to Server 2003.

Thursday, November 11, 2010 1:38 PM
    Answerer
  • Dear charles. i'm planning to get MCITP. as you explained there is 7 exams. the last four for windows server 1- 70-648 2-70-643 3-70-647 4 70-620 or 70-680 or 70-624 can you tell me what is the first three exams ? best regards Tamer
    Sunday, February 13, 2011 3:06 PM
  • Hello I'm new in this Microsoft Certifications, but I'm working with computers and networking stuff. I'm interesting in get the MCITP certification.

My questions are:

1) How many exams do I have to take to get the MCITP certification? (6, 7 and one elective????? )

2) Can someone tell me the exams codes or numbers? (That way I can study those that I may need)

3) Do I need the MCTS, MCSE certifications or basically they arethe same?

4) What about the A+ or Network+, do I need it to complement the Microsoft certifications?

Thank you so much, in advance for your help guys.

Following Image give you answer of your question:

Thanking you,

Shohal Bhuiyan, CCNA

Shohal Bhuiyan
    • Proposed as answer by chriss1563 Saturday, May 25, 2013 12:46 PM
    • Unproposed as answer by chriss1563 Saturday, May 25, 2013 12:47 PM
    Tuesday, October 11, 2011 11:53 AM
  • This message is valid as of 5/25/13

If you are looking to be certified as an MCITP here is a link to the tests you will need to take and what will be covered on each test: http://fisto.net/MCITP/MCITP.htm

Saturday, May 25, 2013 12:50 PM