windows vista and xp emulator

Question

• does anyone know how to get a windows xp emulator on to windows vista basic?
    Saturday, March 03, 2007 3:32 AM

All replies

• What do you meen, geting XP to look like Vista, or other way around?
    Wednesday, March 07, 2007 6:22 PM
  • If you want vista to look like xp get xp!!!
    after all, windows xp is cheaper than windows vista

If you want xp to look like vista, try the
    vista transformation pack
    Monday, March 12, 2007 6:41 PM
  • OP said he wants an emulator. That means He wants to run the OS of Vista, but inside of that run an emulator. The emulator will run XP. Thus, OP will be able to run XP-only programs on a Vista machine.

I'm searching for one myself. Lots of XP programs don't yet have a Vista compatible version.

--

(||)   Nehmo   (||)

Friday, March 16, 2007 3:35 AM
  • i'm looking for an emulator too, my tvcard doesn't work on vista. It works onliny on 2k & XP :S If anyone finds something please reply. Thnx
    Friday, March 23, 2007 7:50 AM
  • Same with me... I need something to run my cad program... I keep getting "mem_bad_pointer"...  Everytime Microsoft comes out with something new it has problems...
    Tuesday, March 27, 2007 1:26 AM
  • Maybe making a duel boot system is the way to go. I've never done that, but maybe now is the time to learn. Actually, I'd like a machine I could experiment on. I only have one, so everything I do is risky.
    --
       (||)   Nehmo   (||)

Wednesday, March 28, 2007 6:36 AM
  • dear sir i am mca 2nd sem student. i want the newer version of vista transformation pack. can u please send on my e-mail id
    Monday, April 02, 2007 10:34 AM
  • the problem is, the machines you buy today, and specifically the vista ones dont provide you with the Operating system CD anymore. Its a recovery disc. And if the whole disc is already running on Vista, its impossible to install XP since I heard the OS must boot on Local Disc C:\.

Friday, September 07, 2007 2:52 PM
  •  

I had the same problem with my laptop.

Went through and formatted it and partioned the hardrive in 2.

THEN i found out in VISTA you can actually add partions and change partion sizes whilst running the operating system.

No full format required.

This is similar with a few other disk management tools.

Anyhow. if you want a dual boot you can no problems

It does require a little effort but if you follow instructions perfectly you will have no worries.

Note that because you have a system restore disc you will actually have to go through and manually download all the drivers for your hardware for XP. this can be pain but again.. worth it.

If you have a laptop you may have some trouble getting the video card driver as the laptop manufacturers dont like the video card manufacturers to supply the drivers. This is because most laptops come with a service agreement, and they want to control what drivers you have on your laptop to make it easier for them to deal with problems you have.

ok so the link you want for instructions is below.

http://apcmag.com/5485/dualbooting_vista_and_xp

in reference to the first posted item. YES there is an xp emulator, a lot of businesses and governments are running in. as they are always the first to upgrade, but now it causes so many problems with compatability.

So basically they upgrade and then run the xp emulator. and that way they have time to get everything compatible and then they can just easily transfer to the full vista system. however you have to buy these, as i cant seem to find a good free one yet.

here is a link on how to use vistas compatability options, that may allow you to get most programs to work.

http://www.sandiegobizmart.com/software/VISTA_USERS.htm

the last option is Virtual Pc, which allows you to install an operating system inside another, meaning you dont have to worry about the whole dual boot stuff. download there.

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/downloads/virtualpc/default.mspx

Have fun.

Tuesday, September 11, 2007 4:05 PM
  • WELL WHERE DO I GET IT?!?!?!!?

Friday, April 04, 2008 3:57 AM
  • I have no idea who told you that you have to install windows Xp on C drive, or any OS for that matter, I have built several computers, and have reformatted mine over the years several times, and have always been able to install XP, on any partition, I assume you can do the same with Vista. The OS does not care which partition it is on, as long as the partition is large enough. The only thing, if you want your other software installed on the same drive as the OS you have to change the installation directory. If you don't the software will still operate normally, it will just be on C Drive.

Monday, May 19, 2008 2:05 AM
  •  

I need it too... I'm traying Virtual PC. Maybe it can help...
    Thursday, July 17, 2008 11:09 AM
  • Its very interesting matter..lets share it n enjoy.........

Monday, August 25, 2008 5:14 AM
  •  

Is there any way to get a Vista emulator(not just making XP look like Vista, I want to be able to run Vista programs) for an XP computer?
    Monday, October 06, 2008 11:36 PM
  • Does anyone know of an emulator that will allow me to run vista only programs on an XP?

Wednesday, October 08, 2008 2:36 PM
  • you should try : VistaMizer

100% Free of viruses...
    approved by softpedia.com

here's the link:

http://www.softpedia.com/get/Desktop-Enhancements/Themes/VistaMizer.shtml
    Friday, January 02, 2009 12:13 AM