none
Microsoft Money 2008

Question

• I recently lost my hard drive and my copy of Microsoft Money 2008.  I do have my data backed up, but need to replace the program to open the data.  I had puchased it via downloan, and had purchased the exteneded download.  I have the product key.  Where do I go to downloan Microsoft Money 2008?
    Friday, August 12, 2011 5:16 AM

All replies

• Friday, August 12, 2011 6:54 AM
  • DominicP - thank you very mucy.  I was able to download the sunset version (your option 1) and it worked on one of my three files.  Can I send you a starbuck card?  I do have an additional problem with my two other files.  Both are requiring a password, and apparently I have lost the password.  Anyway to get around this issue?
    Larry
    Saturday, August 13, 2011 4:07 AM
  • Judging from "apparently", I think you may have an idea of the password. If your credentials included an email address plus a password, that woud be a LiveID.

Disconnect from the Internet. Pull a cable, or whatever it takes. Start Money, and try to log in offline. Try all of the permutations you can think of, until you get into your file. Once into the file, remove your LiveID.  Do not attempt to change your LiveID.  If you already changed your LiveID, use the credentials that were in effect at the time that you saved that Money file.

To remove the Live ID, go to File-PasswordManager, and choose to remove your LiveID.  To remove or add a conventional password, also see File->PasswordManager.

Also see http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/money/thread/9f5519cf-6d04-4379-a806-b317a737ae1a

Saturday, August 13, 2011 6:13 AM