none
CRM 2013: Custom action import failure

Question

• Hi,

I have created a Process of type Action and for "None (Global)" so that it can be registered for any entity. On this action I have created a few arguments and set values. This Process is related to nothing, has no dependencies whatsoever. I then created a new solution and added the custom action to the solution and exported it. When I import this solution with just one action, in any other CRM 2013 Org, with or without rollup 1, managed or unmanaged, I get Workflow With Id = {GUID} Does Not Exist. This does not make sense to me at all. Are custom actions non-exportable?

Wednesday, January 08, 2014 10:28 PM

All replies

• Wednesday, January 08, 2014 11:31 PM
  • Well, I did read that bug report yesterday. It specifically talks about not able to import actions if any entity is attached to them. In my case, I do not have anything attached to the action. It has no dependencies. This renders Actions completely useless, unless you are developing directly on production organization. Which I am sure is not going to happen. Much ado about nothing.
    Wednesday, January 08, 2014 11:50 PM
  • I can confirm that I have the same error with 'Global' Action. I hope that MS will provide some workaround or fix in closest UR.

Dynamics CRM MVP/ Technical Evangelist at SlickData LLC
    My blog

Thursday, January 09, 2014 12:00 AM
  • Question
    You cannot vote on your own post

Hi, actually I also face this problem and I try to find out.

Using the Rollup 2 for CRM 2013 also still cannot.

I always having this problem :

If I go detail then I found this error :

Workflow With Id = 8e4aafcd-c6a9-43e2-9f4f-50deeb535466 Does Not Exist

Then I realize that it cannot find the Workflow with Id as a parent ID from related records, in this case the related records are Arguments and Steps of that Action as Process. So it can be when try to import Arguments and Steps, they cannot find this Action since not yet imported (the logic sequence is one of the problem)

Then, this is urgent for me to export and import solution and can't wait to wait until next rollup, what things that I do are :

First, I go to my custom action, it is Global Custom Action

Secondly, I remove all of the arguments and also the steps as well 

Then save.

Then I export my solution with that custom action (seems to be blank custom action).

After I do that, make sure that I can import it successfully.

Yes, if I import the blank Action with no arguments and steps at the very first time, it will work.

So, after I manage to import my blank Action, then I go back to my Source Organization solution and I edit back my Action then I input back my arguments and steps (yah, inconvenient way, but no choice).

Then, I export again my solution then import again to another organization that I already managed to import my blank action.

Finally, yeah, I can import my action by updating this component 

Then, I go to the second organization I use to import into and check my action, with arguments and steps same as the source has or not.

Yes, I can update this, and it is exactly the same as the source has.

Next time, if there is any update, I can update and import it back again to the purposed organization.

So, this is not the best way, but at least can save my day, even though I did spend many hours to fix and find out this! And fortunately, my action not too complicated so I can re-do develop again.

Next time, if I want to create custom action, I have to make it blank first just for importing as create new action, after that I can update.

Hope it helps!

Thanks.

• Proposed as answer by Aileen Gusni Saturday, May 10, 2014 8:16 PM
    Tuesday, May 06, 2014 10:26 AM
  • So when you say you were able to import at least a blank custom action, you mean you did it after installing Rollup 2.
    Wednesday, May 07, 2014 5:03 PM
  • Not mandatory, just create a solution with blank custom action, export and import it to your new organization. 
    Thursday, May 08, 2014 11:17 AM
  • I tried, but failed for me.Did you create a new blank "global" custom action or tied to some entity?
    Thursday, May 08, 2014 11:36 PM
  • Global Entity. I tried several times and it worked. Is there any error message? You should create first from source organization then export, import to your second organization.
    Friday, May 09, 2014 5:39 PM
  • Thanks, the suggestion that you provided does work. But it does not solve my problem. I cannot import a blank custom action on production org and then go back to development org and add tons of properties and steps again. And guess what, it is not resolved in rollup 2 as well.

https://connect.microsoft.com/dynamicssuggestions/feedback/details/813329/crm-2013-cannot-import-custom-actions

Monday, May 12, 2014 4:05 PM
  • Hi Ahmad,

Yes I try using rollup 2, still got this problem.

Well, actually it worked and solve my problem because I did not have much processes, I just have 3 arguments + 2 steps.

So this is not a big deal for me to do that. I do that because if I cannot import, I can't use that and also my partner cannot use my solution, so, I have to do that. Thanks.

Wednesday, May 14, 2014 7:03 AM
  • Hi Ahmad and Aileen,

I can confirm that the issue “Solution Import Fails when Plugins attached to custom Action Processes (SdkMessage) are included in Solution” has been reported to us and is being handled as a design mistake.  I have reviewed the latest state of the troubleshooting for you: the issue is not yet fixed, however it is currently scheduled to be addressed with one of the next Update Rollups of CRM 2013 SP1.  Please accept our apologies for initial misleading communication in the Connect Suggestion https://connect.microsoft.com/dynamicssuggestions/feedback/details/810477/crm-2013-solution-import-fails-when-plugins-attached-to-custom-action-processes-sdkmessage-are-included-in-solution

Thank you for using Microsoft Dynamics CRM Communities and Forums.

Nina Peneva

Support Engineer

Microsoft Dynamics CRM

Wednesday, May 14, 2014 4:35 PM
  • Hi Nina, 

Thanks for your reply.

Actually, I tried to create an action that has not been attached to any plugin, but still got error, so meaning for all Action with Arguments and Step cannot be imported.

Thank you.

Thursday, May 15, 2014 2:12 PM