Using Auto-Accept property on a Sharepoint Group

Question

• I have a WSS 3.0 site that I have created that is using Forms authentication back to an ASP.NET application that we have built which contains the Membership provider the SharePoint site is using.  All user account creation is handled in my ASP.NET application.  I do not want to have to manually add each user to the SharePoint site each time someone is created in my ASP.NET application.  Instead, I would like those users to have access via the Visitors group on my SharePoint site.

In my efforts to come up with a solution, I have discovered that "Auto-Accept" setting on Group in SharePoint.  My question is (and one I have not been able to find any info on) how exactly to use this feature.  It is indeed what I want to do--that is all users in my custom Membership Provider should have access permissions via the SharePoint Visitors group.  But I can find no way to interface with this mechanism once it is set on the Group properties page in SharePoint.  I was wonderinf if anyone here might know how to do this.  How does a user request and subsequently receive automatic access to a group.

And more generally, is there another/better way to in effect add an "Everyone" user principle to my Visitors group in my SharePoint site so that all users who are every created in my ASP.NET site will have access to the SharePoint site?

Thank you.
    Thursday, September 03, 2009 1:29 AM