none
Prometric - London Recommendation

Question

• Hi All,

I wish to book an exam and quite frankly the Prometric website couldnt be more difficult to use.  Would anyone be able to recommend to me a place in London to go and book and take an exam, easily.

The Prometric site doesnt appear to like independant people that study alone and book exams :-s

Thank you in advance !

• Edited by idenAcc Wednesday, April 11, 2012 3:56 PM
    Wednesday, April 11, 2012 3:56 PM

Answers

1. Go to http://register.prometric.com
    2. Select United Kingdon in the Country list and click next
    3. Click the "Schedule an Appointment" link
    4. Select Microsoft in the Client list and click next
    5. Read the Exam Policy and click next
    6. Select the exam you want to take and click next

You are provided with 5 pages of testing partners

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer

Jeff Wharton
    MSysDev (C.Sturt), MDbDsgnMgt (C.Sturt), MCT, MCPD, MCSD, MCITP, MCDBA
    Blog: Mr. Wharty's Ramblings
    Twitter: @Mr_Wharty
    MC ID: Microsoft Transcript

Wednesday, April 11, 2012 11:51 PM

All replies

1. Go to http://register.prometric.com
    2. Select United Kingdon in the Country list and click next
    3. Click the "Schedule an Appointment" link
    4. Select Microsoft in the Client list and click next
    5. Read the Exam Policy and click next
    6. Select the exam you want to take and click next

You are provided with 5 pages of testing partners

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer

Jeff Wharton

Wednesday, April 11, 2012 11:51 PM
  • While I agree with Mr.Wharty in that the Prometric site is not that difficult to use, I also agree with the original poster in that a recommendation for a center can be helpful. Choosing one center at random out of the five pages returned by Prometric may not be a good idea. I've done that one one occasion, and when I arrived at the exam site they told me that I should have called them before and they weren't expecting me because they normally only provide exams for their own students. On another occasion, the center that I chose was closed on the day of my exam, and they had forgotten to mark that day as unavailable on the Prometric site. So, if you don't get any recommendations for a specific site, I suggest that you at least phone the test center to see if it is all right for you to sign up for the exam on the Prometric site, and the date and time that you chose are really available.

Thursday, April 12, 2012 6:43 AM
  • While I agree with Mr.Wharty in that the Prometric site is not that difficult to use, I also agree with the original poster in that a recommendation for a center can be helpful. Choosing one center at random out of the five pages returned by Prometric may not be a good idea. I've done that one one occasion, and when I arrived at the exam site they told me that I should have called them before and they weren't expecting me because they normally only provide exams for their own students. On another occasion, the center that I chose was closed on the day of my exam, and they had forgotten to mark that day as unavailable on the Prometric site. So, if you don't get any recommendations for a specific site, I suggest that you at least phone the test center to see if it is all right for you to sign up for the exam on the Prometric site, and the date and time that you chose are really available.

It's very difficult recommending a site when no information is provided for where exactly in London the OP lives.  Given this, where would you recommend they go Alberto?

Jeff Wharton

Thursday, April 12, 2012 9:59 AM

Completely agree.  I used to go to a College out of London which was exellent, didnt even need to go through the prometric site as they did it for you.  Unfortunately they stopped doing these.

If someone can recommend a centre it would be really useful.

Thursday, April 12, 2012 10:07 AM

Completely agree.  I used to go to a College out of London which was exellent, didnt even need to go through the prometric site as they did it for you.  Unfortunately they stopped doing these.

If someone can recommend a centre it would be really useful.

How about you provide a little more information on where exactly you live in London or are you happy to travel to any site irrespective of how far away it is?

Jeff Wharton

Thursday, April 12, 2012 10:09 AM