Product Key incorrect for new HP laptop with Windows Vista Home Premium installed

Question

• Here's the issue:  I purchased a new HP laptop a month ago from CompUSA with Windows Vista Home Premium pre-installed (I don't have the disk), and when I open Word, I am prompted to give a 25-character product key.  The one I type in is on the back of my laptop, on a light orange barcode sticker right under the label heading of "Windows Vista Home Premium OEMAct", with a side notation of "Proof of License Certificate of Authenticity MICROSOFT".  However, the product key doesn't seem to work as I keep receiving an error message indicating "The key is incorrect.  Verify that you have the correct key, and then retype it."  I have a few 8's in my key and I've tried retyping these as Bs in different variations to no avail.

I've tried reading other posts to see whether their inquiries can help, and though a recent one from Steven seems to eerily mirror my issues, I didn't find any resolutions for his case.  My "about" also does not indicate that I'm running a "trial" version of Office.

Here's my diagnostic report.  Please note that I'm not computer-lingo-literate so if there are any steps that I need to take, will you be so kind as to detail it in layman's/cyberly-challenged speak to avoid any frustrations on either end.  Thanks!

Diagnostic Report (1.7.0039.0):
    -----------------------------------------
    WGA Data-->
    Validation Status: Genuine
    Detailed Status: 0x1
    Cached / Grace status: (N/A, hr = 0xc004f012) / 0x0
    Windows Product Key: *****-*****-27HYQ-XTKW2-WQD8Q
    Windows Product Key Hash: U8YEZzymoD4DMyaMb32rPrNIS90=
    Windows Product ID: 89578-OEM-7332157-00061
    Windows Product ID Type: 2
    CSVLK Server: N/A
    CSVLK PID: N/A
    Windows License Type: OEM SLP
    Windows OS version: 6.0.6000.2.00010300.0.0.003
    ID: {0326F012-0CC3-4141-9F39-C814570D6A8E}(3)
    Is Admin: Yes
    Commit / Reboot / BRT: (N/A, hr = 0xc004f012) / 0x0 / (N/A, hr = 0xc004f012)
    WGA Version: Failed to retrieve file version. - 0x80070002
    Signed By: N/A, hr = 0x80070002
    Product Name: Windows Vista (TM) Home Premium
    Architecture: 0x00000000
    Build lab: 6000.vista_gdr.070627-1500
    TTS Error:
    Validation Diagnostic:
    Resolution Status: N/A

Notifications Data-->
    Cached Result: N/A
    File Exists: No
    Version: N/A
    WgaTray.exe Signed By: N/A, hr = 0x80070002
    WgaLogon.dll Signed By: N/A, hr = 0x80070002

OGA Data-->
    Office Status: 104 Unknown PID
    OGA Version: Failed to retrieve file version. - 0x80070002
    Office Diagnostics: FCEE394C-2993-80070002_77F760FE-152-80070002_7E90FEE8-175-80070002_025D1FF3-282-80041010_025D1FF3-170-80041010_025D1FF3-171-1_025D1FF3-434-80040154_025D1FF3-178-80040154_025D1FF3-179-2_025D1FF3-185-80070002_025D1FF3-199-3_B4D0AA8B-818-80070057

Browser Data-->
    Proxy settings: N/A
    User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Win32)
    Default Browser: C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
    Download signed ActiveX controls: Prompt
    Download unsigned ActiveX controls: Disabled
    Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins: Allowed
    Initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe: Disabled
    Allow scripting of Internet Explorer Webbrowser control: Disabled
    Active scripting: Allowed
    Script ActiveX controls marked as safe for scripting: Allowed

File Scan Data-->

Other data-->
    Office Details: <GenuineResults><MachineData><UGUID>{0326F012-0CC3-4141-9F39-C814570D6A8E}</UGUID><Version>1.7.0039.0</Version><OS>6.0.6000.2.00010300.0.0.003</OS><Architecture>x32</Architecture><PKey>*****-*****-*****-*****-WQD8Q</PKey><PID>89578-OEM-7332157-00061</PID><PIDType>2</PIDType><SID>S-1-5-21-2839812318-2782494838-1832584209</SID><SYSTEM><Manufacturer>Hewlett-Packard</Manufacturer><Model>HP Pavilion dv6000 (GA445UA#ABA)  </Model></SYSTEM><BIOS><Manufacturer>Hewlett-Packard</Manufacturer><Version>F.37    </Version><SMBIOSVersion major="2" minor="4"/><Date>20070531000000.000000+000</Date></BIOS><HWID>DF313507018400EE</HWID><UserLCID>0409</UserLCID><SystemLCID>0409</SystemLCID><TimeZone>Pacific Standard Time(GMT-08:00)</TimeZone><iJoin>0</iJoin><SBID><stat>3</stat><msppid></msppid><name></name><model></model></SBID><OEM><OEMID>HPQOEM</OEMID><OEMTableID>SLIC-MPC</OEMTableID></OEM></MachineData><Software><Office><Result>104</Result><Products><Product GUID="{91120000-002F-0000-0000-0000000FF1CE}"><LegitResult>104</LegitResult><Name>Microsoft Office Home and Student 2007</Name><Ver>12</Ver><PidType>0</PidType></Product></Products></Office></Software></GenuineResults> 

COA:

Edition -- Windows Vista Home Premium

OEMAct (I can't tell whether it's OEM Software or OEM Product)

Co Name -- HP (model - HP Pavilion dv6000)

Issue - As stated above, 25 character product key on the back of the laptop (located on light orange barcode under "Windows Vista Home Premium OEMAct) is indicated as incorrect in MS Office Home and Student 2007 applications.  I've been told that I can only bypass this x number of times before it goes into "reduced functionality mode."  As I use Word extensively, I need to find some kind of solution soon.

Wednesday, September 12, 2007 7:23 AM

Answers

• The product key affixed to your computer is valid only for Windows Vista and not any Microsoft Office products.  It appears you need to purchase a product key for Microsoft Office.

How to determine whether you have a trial edition of a 2007 Office suite or program installed:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/927920/en-us

How to convert a trial version of a 2007 Office suite or program to a full retail perpetual license version: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/927756/en-us

Wednesday, September 12, 2007 2:52 PM
  • I followed the steps "To determine whether you have a trial edition of a 2007 Office suite or program installed," and this is what it showed on the About page for both Excel and Word:

Microsoft Office Excel 2007 (12.0.6024.5000) MSP (12.0.6017.5000)

Part of Microsoft Office Home and Student 2007

2006 Microsoft Corporation.  All rights reserved.

This product is licensed to:

(my name)

Product ID: (blank)

Microsoft Office Word 2007 (12.0.6015.5000) MSP (12.0.6017.5000)

(my name)

There doesn't seem to be anything that says "trial" displayed with either product's name as in the MS note:

If a trial edition is installed, the About Microsoft Office Program_Name dialog box displays a product name that resembles the following:

Microsoft Office Program_Name 2007 Trial

Is there any other way to test?  Or should I presume that these are not trials?  As I mentioned, Microsoft Office Home and Student 2007 was pre-installed (to our pleasant surprise, actually), but we weren't given a disk nor a product key (other than the one for Vista).  Converting a trial version to a full perpetual license version makes sense and is doable, but I want to make sure that the versions I have are in fact trials.

Wednesday, September 12, 2007 4:05 PM
  • Contact HP Support and tell them you need a Product Key for the Microsoft Office Home and Student Edition that came installed on your new HP computer: http://welcome.hp.com/country/us/en/contact_us.html

Wednesday, September 12, 2007 5:45 PM
  • Genie,

There are situations which can cause Windows and Office to become non-genuine. Let me give one example. Have you taken your computer in for maintenance? Customers have taken in their systems along with all the software received when purchasing their system. The customer picks up the system and viola' no problems whatsoever until they need to download an update or even a template used with MS Office. Suddenly their system is non-genuine. The customer's computer was not installed with their software but a blocked version of a product key. Also the software could work for several weeks, months or even a year or more then suddenly becomes blocked. Volume licensing (VLK) are purchased/issued to large corporations, governments, and schools for example in order to make software installation easier for the mass computers located within their areas. In turn if the key becomes compromised then the government, school etc requests Microsoft to block that key and reissue another key. 

Please contact HP as Carey recommended. Next I recommend for you to order the recovery media for your make and model machine.  Recovery Software CD’s are specific to your computer manufacturer. Please contact your manufacturer for assistance. They should be able to assist with your request and/or questions. Since the telephone number and web sites are not maintained by Microsoft we cannot make any warranty as to their validity.

I have included their contact information here for your convenience:  (800) 474-6836

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/genericDocument?lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&product=1818343&lang=en&docname=bph07143

Laptops

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&product=3253920&lang=en&docname=c00810334

Replacement Parts

http://h20141.www2.hp.com/hpparts/Country_Choice.asp

Hopefully this has provided just one example as how this may happen.   Thank you very much and have a great day.

Stephen Holm, MS

OGA Forum Manager

Wednesday, September 12, 2007 8:59 PM
  • Hello Jatman,

Can you run the MGA diagnostic tool and provide us with the results? This will help us analyze your situation and help us provide you with a resolution. 

Download and run the utility at this link http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012 , then click the Windows tab, Copy to Clipboard, then paste the report into a New Post on this Forum.

Step 2 is tell us about the COA. Tell us:
    1. What edition of Windows XP is it for, Home, Pro, or Media Center?
    2. Does it read "OEM Software" or "OEM Product" in black lettering?
    3. Or, does it have the computer manufacturer's name in black lettering?
    4. DO NOT post the Product Key.
    5. Please also provide a short description of the issue you are experiencing.

NOTE: The data collected with the Genuine Diagnostics Tool does NOT contain any information that can personally identify you and can be fully reviewed, by you, before being posted.

Thank you,

Stephen Holm, MS

Thursday, November 01, 2007 5:52 PM

All replies

• The product key affixed to your computer is valid only for Windows Vista and not any Microsoft Office products.  It appears you need to purchase a product key for Microsoft Office.

How to determine whether you have a trial edition of a 2007 Office suite or program installed:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/927920/en-us

How to convert a trial version of a 2007 Office suite or program to a full retail perpetual license version: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/927756/en-us

Wednesday, September 12, 2007 2:52 PM
  • I followed the steps "To determine whether you have a trial edition of a 2007 Office suite or program installed," and this is what it showed on the About page for both Excel and Word:

Microsoft Office Excel 2007 (12.0.6024.5000) MSP (12.0.6017.5000)

(my name)

Microsoft Office Word 2007 (12.0.6015.5000) MSP (12.0.6017.5000)

(my name)

There doesn't seem to be anything that says "trial" displayed with either product's name as in the MS note:

If a trial edition is installed, the About Microsoft Office Program_Name dialog box displays a product name that resembles the following:

Microsoft Office Program_Name 2007 Trial

Is there any other way to test?  Or should I presume that these are not trials?  As I mentioned, Microsoft Office Home and Student 2007 was pre-installed (to our pleasant surprise, actually), but we weren't given a disk nor a product key (other than the one for Vista).  Converting a trial version to a full perpetual license version makes sense and is doable, but I want to make sure that the versions I have are in fact trials.

Wednesday, September 12, 2007 4:05 PM
  • Contact HP Support and tell them you need a Product Key for the Microsoft Office Home and Student Edition that came installed on your new HP computer: http://welcome.hp.com/country/us/en/contact_us.html

Wednesday, September 12, 2007 5:45 PM
  • Genie,

After reading the information you posted I am leaning towards a pre-installed trial Office. You would have received a Certificate of Authenticity (COA) with Office along with the product key. How old is the system?Also where was the system purchased? You may be able to look on HP's website and see what the system came pre-installed on the system. Some companies allow customers to track via their assest tag and/or serial number. 

We thank you for posting your diagnostic information. Diagnostic results help our team in determining the root cause of your issue. We are sorry to hear about the problem your currently experiencing. I can see right away what the issue is and why you are not passing validation. Unfortunately, the product key used to install Vista Home  is a Volume License Key (VLK) that has been blocked per the request of the legal VLK holder.  As a rule, VLK editions of either an Operating System and/or Office should not be sold to individual consumers. Businesses, schools and governments normally use VLK editions for flexibility in installing many computers. Also, Volume Licenses for Windows XP and MS Office are Upgrade licenses ONLY and cannot be used as the original or base license for a new computer.

This is why you may be seeing the "Software Counterfeiting" messages on your computer.  You will need to uninstall Vista before any further complications occur from being non-genuine. As a customer there are available options you may choose for a resolution. For details on the ways to “Get Genuine”, see the web page that outlined your validation failure details or http://www.microsoft.com/genuine .  It will provide all of the possible steps which you can take.

First, if this comes as a total surprise to you, please visit the retailer where you purchased the computer or operating system and let them know the operating system is a counterfeit copy.  Please print a copy of the diagnostic report so you may show them proof for the VLK status. Request they immediately reimburse you and/or provide a Genuine Copy.

Windows Genuine Advantage (WGA) is here to help protect YOU, our valued customer. It is important for more people like you to report piracy @ http://www.microsoft.com/piracy/default.mspx  who have become victims. Microsoft legal will follow up on all leads provided.  Submitting piracy reports will assist in stopping unscrupulous business practices.  You may be eligible for free software if you have high quality counterfeit discs. We CANNOT determine the "Quality" level of non-Genuine submissions and cannot guarantee such a thing here on the forum. We have a 3rd party registered Cryptography lab who evaluates EVERY (really!) submission for the High-Quality Counterfeit replacement program - as they have a pre-determined subset of items they look for.

Again, we are sorry to hear about your situation. Please be sure to backup or otherwise offload any data from the hard disk because a clean installation/reimaging will destroy all personal user data on the hard drive. Please don't hesitate re-posting if you need further assistance.

Thank you,

Stephen Holm, MS

Wednesday, September 12, 2007 8:53 PM
  • Genie,

There are situations which can cause Windows and Office to become non-genuine. Let me give one example. Have you taken your computer in for maintenance? Customers have taken in their systems along with all the software received when purchasing their system. The customer picks up the system and viola' no problems whatsoever until they need to download an update or even a template used with MS Office. Suddenly their system is non-genuine. The customer's computer was not installed with their software but a blocked version of a product key. Also the software could work for several weeks, months or even a year or more then suddenly becomes blocked. Volume licensing (VLK) are purchased/issued to large corporations, governments, and schools for example in order to make software installation easier for the mass computers located within their areas. In turn if the key becomes compromised then the government, school etc requests Microsoft to block that key and reissue another key. 

Please contact HP as Carey recommended. Next I recommend for you to order the recovery media for your make and model machine.  Recovery Software CD’s are specific to your computer manufacturer. Please contact your manufacturer for assistance. They should be able to assist with your request and/or questions. Since the telephone number and web sites are not maintained by Microsoft we cannot make any warranty as to their validity.

I have included their contact information here for your convenience:  (800) 474-6836

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/genericDocument?lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&product=1818343&lang=en&docname=bph07143

Laptops

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&product=3253920&lang=en&docname=c00810334

Replacement Parts

http://h20141.www2.hp.com/hpparts/Country_Choice.asp

Hopefully this has provided just one example as how this may happen.   Thank you very much and have a great day.

Stephen Holm, MS

OGA Forum Manager

Wednesday, September 12, 2007 8:59 PM
  • the suggestion that getting a replacement disk from HP (comes preloaded with all software) will not work.  i had a replacement disk from them and i have the same issue with my office application.  only real difference from the two systems is my laptop is a dv2313, not the dv2600 series.

but another issue i have is i reinstalled a clean copy of vista home premium using the windows update disk provided.  i entered the key from the bottom of the laptop and i also get an error message indicating that the key entered is invalid.  i was under the impression that the anytime update disk would allow the user to install any version of vista, depending on the key provided.  not to mention that over half of the details of the sticker are smudged and cannot be read any more.

jatman

Thursday, November 01, 2007 7:02 AM
  • Hello Jatman,

Can you run the MGA diagnostic tool and provide us with the results? This will help us analyze your situation and help us provide you with a resolution. 

Download and run the utility at this link http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012 , then click the Windows tab, Copy to Clipboard, then paste the report into a New Post on this Forum.

Step 2 is tell us about the COA. Tell us:
    1. What edition of Windows XP is it for, Home, Pro, or Media Center?
    2. Does it read "OEM Software" or "OEM Product" in black lettering?
    3. Or, does it have the computer manufacturer's name in black lettering?
    4. DO NOT post the Product Key.
    5. Please also provide a short description of the issue you are experiencing.

NOTE: The data collected with the Genuine Diagnostics Tool does NOT contain any information that can personally identify you and can be fully reviewed, by you, before being posted.

Thank you,

Stephen Holm, MS

Thursday, November 01, 2007 5:52 PM
  • Of course his product key is group licensed. It belongs to HP.

I have a COMPAQ computer bought directly from HP with the same Key.

However, The key (when used) does not require validation as it can only be used from the COMPAQ install disk(s).

This guy isnt having WGA issues, He just has a trial version of Office 2007 - A major selling point, Until people realise it is trial.

The word trial does not appear on pre-installed OEM versions of Office, as it is intended for a customer to immediately buy the full product.

The key on the bottom of any HP/COMPAQ laptop CAN be used - But only to install the product specified above it. (in yo ur case - windows home premium)

When using this key for the first time, you will have to contact Windows Activation by phone and NOT use the automated system, Let them know it was the first time you have activated the product and they will giveter you a confirmation ID.

As to install disks (for Windows), I currently use one that I downloaded from one of Microsoft's resellers websites.

Do not download it from any untrusted website, as it will most likely contain virus' or backdoors.

Another option is to call Microsoft and ask them to send you a replacement CD. which they WILL do if y

ou provide them with the CD key.on the bottom of your laptop.

Hope this helps guys...

Friday, December 14, 2007 11:34 PM
  • Hello,i have bought brand new Hp pavilion DV6 from re-sellers,i have all the documents and everything,but i couldnt find microsoft office  7 product key,i tried to recover it by guide for windows vista but its not the same on windows 7 i cant find the program about microsoft program_name,can anyone help me about this?
    Tuesday, January 12, 2010 6:35 PM
  • Diagnostic Report (1.9.0027.0):
    Windows Validation Data-->
    Validation Code: 0
    Cached Online Validation Code: N/A, hr = 0xc004f012
    Windows Product ID: 89583-OEM-7332157-00061
    Windows OS version: 6.0.6002.2.00010300.2.0.003
    ID: {BDAAA9F6-3728-4037-9B30-C70DD9242C76}(1)
    TestCab: 0x0
    LegitcheckControl ActiveX: N/A, hr = 0x80070002
    Architecture: 0x00000009
    Build lab: 6002.vistasp2_gdr.100218-0019
    TTS Error:
    Validation Diagnostic:

Vista WgaER Data-->
    ThreatID(s): N/A, hr = 0x80070002
    Version: N/A, hr = 0x80070002

Windows XP Notifications Data-->
    Cached Result: N/A, hr = 0x80070002

OGA Notifications Data-->
    OGAExec.exe Signed By: N/A, hr = 0x80070002
    OGAAddin.dll Signed By: N/A, hr = 0x80070002

OGA Data-->
    Office Status: 102
    Microsoft Office Home and Student 2007 - 100 Genuine
    OGA Version: N/A, 0x80070002
    Office Diagnostics: 77F760FE-153-80070002_7E90FEE8-175-80070002_025D1FF3-364-80041010_025D1FF3-229-80041010_025D1FF3-230-1_025D1FF3-517-80040154_025D1FF3-237-80040154_025D1FF3-238-2_025D1FF3-244-80070002_025D1FF3-258-3_B4D0AA8B-920-80070057

Browser Data-->
    Proxy settings: N/A
    User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Win32)
    Default Browser: C:\Users\christian\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe
    Download signed ActiveX controls: Prompt
    Download unsigned ActiveX controls: Disabled
    Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins: Allowed
    Initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe: Disabled
    Allow scripting of Internet Explorer Webbrowser control: Disabled
    Active scripting: Allowed
    Script ActiveX controls marked as safe for scripting: Allowed

File Scan Data-->

Other data-->
    Office Details: <GenuineResults><MachineData><UGUID>{BDAAA9F6-3728-4037-9B30-C70DD9242C76}</UGUID><Version>1.9.0027.0</Version><OS>6.0.6002.2.00010300.2.0.003</OS><Architecture>x64</Architecture><PKey>*****-*****-*****-*****-WQD8Q</PKey><PID>89583-OEM-7332157-00061</PID><PIDType>2</PIDType><SID>S-1-5-21-4168373378-309954035-229657571</SID><SYSTEM><Manufacturer>HP-Pavilion</Manufacturer><Model>FQ606AA-ABA a6704f</Model></SYSTEM><BIOS><Manufacturer>American Megatrends Inc.</Manufacturer><Version>5.03   </Version><SMBIOSVersion major="2" minor="5"/><Date>20081105000000.000000+000</Date></BIOS><HWID>3C313507018400F8</HWID><UserLCID>0409</UserLCID><SystemLCID>0409</SystemLCID><TimeZone>Central Standard Time(GMT-06:00)</TimeZone><iJoin>0</iJoin><SBID><stat>3</stat><msppid></msppid><name></name><model></model></SBID><OEM><OEMID>HPQOEM</OEMID><OEMTableID>SLIC-CPC</OEMTableID></OEM><GANotification/></MachineData><Software><Office><Result>102</Result><Products><Product GUID="{91120000-002F-0000-0000-0000000FF1CE}"><LegitResult>100</LegitResult><Name>Microsoft Office Home and Student 2007</Name><Ver>12</Ver><PidType>19</PidType></Product></Products><Applications><App Id="16" Version="12" Result="100"/><App Id="18" Version="12" Result="100"/><App Id="1B" Version="12" Result="100"/><App Id="A1" Version="12" Result="100"/></Applications></Office></Software></GenuineResults> 

Spsys.log Content: 0x80070002

Licensing Data-->
    Software licensing service version: 6.0.6002.18005
    Name: Windows(TM) Vista, HomePremium edition
    Description: Windows Operating System - Vista, OEM_SLP channel
    Activation ID: bffdc375-bbd5-499d-8ef1-4f37b61c895f
    Application ID: 55c92734-d682-4d71-983e-d6ec3f16059f
    Extended PID: 89583-00146-321-500061-02-1033-6001.0000-1242009
    Installation ID: 003281686813949946586951765175625424703714386876733590
    Processor Certificate URL: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=43473
    Machine Certificate URL: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=43474
    Use License URL: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=43476
    Product Key Certificate URL: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=43475
    Partial Product Key: WQD8Q
    License Status: Licensed

Windows Activation Technologies-->
    N/A

HWID Data-->
    HWID Hash Current: MAAAAAEAAAABAAEAAwABAAAAAgABAAEA6GFeRLZIYFzAmJK8OIXy9ARtWLSsVsj0

OEM Activation 1.0 Data-->
    N/A

OEM Activation 2.0 Data-->
    BIOS valid for OA 2.0: yes
    Windows marker version: 0x20000
    OEMID and OEMTableID Consistent: yes
    BIOS Information:
      ACPI Table Name OEMID Value OEMTableID Value
      APIC   HPQOEM  SLIC-CPC
      FACP   HPQOEM  SLIC-CPC
      HPET   HPQOEM  SLIC-CPC
      MCFG   HPQOEM  SLIC-CPC
      OEMB   HPQOEM  SLIC-CPC
      INFO   HPQOEM  SLIC-CPC
      NVHD   HPQOEM  SLIC-CPC
      SLIC   HPQOEM  SLIC-CPC
      SSDT   HPQOEM  SLIC-CPC

could u help me with it?

Sunday, August 08, 2010 6:02 AM
  • "chrsitianpsy" wrote in message news:1e39f13b-8892-4553-a0bc-0f0256462ba2...

Diagnostic Report (1.9.0027.0):
    Windows Validation Data-->
    Validation Code: 0
    Cached Online Validation Code: N/A, hr = 0xc004f012
    Windows Product ID: 89583-OEM-7332157-00061
    Windows OS version: 6.0.6002.2.00010300.2.0.003
    ID: {BDAAA9F6-3728-4037-9B30-C70DD9242C76}(1)
    TestCab: 0x0
    LegitcheckControl ActiveX: N/A, hr = 0x80070002
    Architecture: 0x00000009
    Build lab: 6002.vistasp2_gdr.100218-0019
    TTS Error:
    Validation Diagnostic:

Vista WgaER Data-->
    ThreatID(s): N/A, hr = 0x80070002

Windows XP Notifications Data-->

OGA Notifications Data-->
    OGAExec.exe Signed By: N/A, hr = 0x80070002
    OGAAddin.dll Signed By: N/A, hr = 0x80070002

OGA Data-->
    Office Status: 102
    Microsoft Office Home and Student 2007 - 100 Genuine
    OGA Version: N/A, 0x80070002
    Office Diagnostics: 77F760FE-153-80070002_7E90FEE8-175-80070002_025D1FF3-364-80041010_025D1FF3-229-80041010_025D1FF3-230-1_025D1FF3-517-80040154_025D1FF3-237-80040154_025D1FF3-238-2_025D1FF3-244-80070002_025D1FF3-258-3_B4D0AA8B-920-80070057

I take it that you are attempting to activate Office on your PC? - if so then you have to buy it - the Key on the base of your laptop is the one for Windows, not Office.
    The installed Office is a Trial version (unless you paid extra for a full version).

--

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    Sunday, August 08, 2010 8:46 AM