none
Files and programs only open with notepad attached to the url, example: system restore (rstui.exe-notepad)

Question

• I need help with restoring my computer, I don't know alot about computers and programs so I don't know if I am explaining my problem in a way that someone can help me. Some how I did something that won't let me into my programs. When I try to open a file or a program the window opens to alot of letters and symbols arranged in a way that I have no idea what it is talking about. I will give some examples of what I am refering to. When I try to open internet explorer, I get the same window as I explained above except the letters and symbols are arranged differently, the url is iexplore.exe-notepad. I am going to do some more research into this, when I come back I will have more info. anything you can do to help me would be greatly appreciated. Hope to hear from someone soon.
    Sunday, April 05, 2009 3:10 AM

All replies

• Your post is off topic for this forum, which is dedicated to feedback on the MSDN Website and the MSDN Subscription.

If you're not sure where to post, you can try the 'where is the forum for...?' forum to ask your question.

Thanks,
    Mike

MSDN and TechNet Subscriptions Support
    Tuesday, April 07, 2009 3:28 PM