none
MS CRM 4.0 - Importing Organization Changes Business Unit?

Question

• In the Deployment Manager I go and import an organization and then type in the name of the organization.

I call this organization name: Test_MSCRM

This is a name that is DIFFERENT to the organization that I am importing.

I am importing an organization from a database from a different domain and I manually mapped the users to my current domain user setup.

After I completed the import I have noticed that my business unit is now the same name as the organization name ie "Test"

Is this expected behaviour? I would of expected that the business unit to be the same as what it was in the original database that was being imported.

Cheers

Sunday, November 18, 2012 11:04 PM

Answers

• This is expected behavior, and only alters the name of top level business unit.

This happens in CRM 2011 as well.

Jason Peterson

• Marked as answer by Stanzarectah Monday, November 19, 2012 10:07 PM
    Monday, November 19, 2012 9:15 PM

All replies

• This is expected behavior, and only alters the name of top level business unit.

This happens in CRM 2011 as well.

Jason Peterson

• Marked as answer by Stanzarectah Monday, November 19, 2012 10:07 PM
    Monday, November 19, 2012 9:15 PM
  • Thanks Jason for confirming this. Just wondering why this would be the case and what would the benefit of this be?
    Monday, November 19, 2012 10:08 PM
  • I am not sure about the reasoning.  Perhaps it is along the lines of when you install CRM and give it a name, the top level Business Unit name is always the same as the org name.

In CRM 2011, you can now edit the Business Unit name if that helps you.  This is something that you could not do in previous versions of CRM.  So a big improvement there.

Jason Peterson

Tuesday, November 20, 2012 5:23 PM