none
Microosft Dynamics CRM Career Opportunities

Question

• Hi All,

I am working in MS Dynamics CRM projects in one company in India ( plesse execuse me for not telling the company). During my Dynamics CRM experience, I have not been that much focusing on plugins, workflows, client side scripting....etc related to development stuff and also I am not interested in develpoemnt ares.

I have been exposing on CRM Admin & Troubleshooting things on CRM product , but not CRM development troubleshooting. My friends & some of the collegues told me that " You are not knowing the CRM development things ( Plugin's , workflows, SSRS, Scripting...) then You will not survive in MSCRM fields and also you never get the onsite opportuinities ". I don't know how my career to be build up and also I want to work in different countries, But I am HiGHLY worried about my career.

Could any body plese help me how do build up my career in CRM in my interseting areas ( CRM Admin & Troubleshootings ) and also I want to work in different countries ?

And also plese aware me what are the different MSCRM career opportunioties in India & Abroad?

Awaiting for valuable reply.

Thanks in Advance.

Regards,

CRMNovice User 

Friday, March 07, 2014 9:04 AM

Answers

• Hi crmnoviceuser,

This is probably not the correct forum to discuss this; but since you've asked I'll tell you whatever I am aware of.

The statement "You are not knowing the CRM development things ( Plugin's , workflows, SSRS, Scripting...) then You will not survive in MSCRM fields and also you never get the onsite opportuinities"  is first of all not true at all. Most of us who start learning Dynamics CRM, try to dive into the development area first like developing plugins, javascripts, customizations because that is what is primarily required for a Customer having Dynamics CRM. Only while upgrading versions or new installations, is the knowledge of administration required; although from time to time administration knowledge might be required to fix some stuff that went wrong during the course of a CRM instance. But having said that, administration is something that, although is difficult to get hold of, is a very worthy skill. Not many of us can keep our nerves cool when we see CRM faltering, throwing unexpected errors or suddenly the production server goes down and the Customer is on top of your head. CRM Administrators are the ones who have good knowledge about how Dynamics CRM works, the different integration points and can fix such issues.

So, if you've been exploring the administration part of Dynamics CRM, you're learning something worthy. There's nothing to feel like you're left out when some random CRM developer comes along and says "Hey, do you know how to debug plugins? If not, your career is ruined"; tell him next time if the CRM system goes down, his developed components are of no use. Not trying to rage a war here, but everyone's work is equally important. And believe me, there are cases when a dedicated CRM administrator is required at onsite to carry out a critical deployment for a new or existing system. So, onsite opportunities are nothing to be worried of. It depends on the Customer and the type of project.

Since you said, you'd like to move into development, feel free to do so. It's not that difficult to grab hold of; going through the CRM SDK and a bit of hands-on will get you started. But only move into development if you want to, not because you're friends said you'll fail in life if you don't. It's always important to explore that part of anything first which you like doing.

Admin QuikView Solution for CRM 2013

• Marked as answer by crmnoviceuser Saturday, March 08, 2014 4:45 PM
    Friday, March 07, 2014 3:17 PM

All replies

• Request you to MSCRM Experts,  please repsond.
    Friday, March 07, 2014 2:12 PM
  • Hi crmnoviceuser,

This is probably not the correct forum to discuss this; but since you've asked I'll tell you whatever I am aware of.

The statement "You are not knowing the CRM development things ( Plugin's , workflows, SSRS, Scripting...) then You will not survive in MSCRM fields and also you never get the onsite opportuinities"  is first of all not true at all. Most of us who start learning Dynamics CRM, try to dive into the development area first like developing plugins, javascripts, customizations because that is what is primarily required for a Customer having Dynamics CRM. Only while upgrading versions or new installations, is the knowledge of administration required; although from time to time administration knowledge might be required to fix some stuff that went wrong during the course of a CRM instance. But having said that, administration is something that, although is difficult to get hold of, is a very worthy skill. Not many of us can keep our nerves cool when we see CRM faltering, throwing unexpected errors or suddenly the production server goes down and the Customer is on top of your head. CRM Administrators are the ones who have good knowledge about how Dynamics CRM works, the different integration points and can fix such issues.

So, if you've been exploring the administration part of Dynamics CRM, you're learning something worthy. There's nothing to feel like you're left out when some random CRM developer comes along and says "Hey, do you know how to debug plugins? If not, your career is ruined"; tell him next time if the CRM system goes down, his developed components are of no use. Not trying to rage a war here, but everyone's work is equally important. And believe me, there are cases when a dedicated CRM administrator is required at onsite to carry out a critical deployment for a new or existing system. So, onsite opportunities are nothing to be worried of. It depends on the Customer and the type of project.

Since you said, you'd like to move into development, feel free to do so. It's not that difficult to grab hold of; going through the CRM SDK and a bit of hands-on will get you started. But only move into development if you want to, not because you're friends said you'll fail in life if you don't. It's always important to explore that part of anything first which you like doing.

• Marked as answer by crmnoviceuser Saturday, March 08, 2014 4:45 PM
    Friday, March 07, 2014 3:17 PM
  • Thank you so much Dynamotion. You have cleared my all doubts.

If you don't mind what are the key focus areas must improve as part of CRM Administrator.

Kindly share me the information regarding the same.

Thanks!

Regards,

CRMNovice User 

Saturday, March 08, 2014 4:50 PM
  • Hi CRMNovice,

I am not aware in depth about Dynamics CRM administration. It's only been a couple of days (around 1 week or so), that I have been exploring the CRM installation part; prior to which I was into core CRM development. I would suggesting asking someone who has worked in that area or try googling out.

Monday, March 10, 2014 12:12 PM