none
ALGORITHM DESIGN RANK

Question

• As there will be seperate finals for indian students in algorithm design competetion of IMAGINE CUP i wanted to know what rank did u score in case u participated.

I myself got 119 as the best rank

Friday, February 23, 2007 5:19 PM

Answers

• I achieved a rank of 30 in match-2. But I then felt saturated seeing everyone apply same old tricks. (They posted the solutions :p )
    Saturday, February 24, 2007 5:03 PM
  • thanks for reply dear , but why did u feel saturated
    Saturday, February 24, 2007 6:22 PM
  • next competetion will start on 1st march probably. check out the website
    Saturday, February 24, 2007 6:24 PM
  •  mr.dexter wrote:

As there will be seperate finals for indian students in algorithm design competetion of IMAGINE CUP i wanted to know what rank did u score in case u participated.

there's no separate round for indians. Only one second round worldwide buddy. Also how did you qualify for second round with best rank of 119? It has to be under 50. You talking about same imagine cup?

regards
    Sumit Dagar
    best rank :15
    Saturday, February 24, 2007 8:52 PM
  •  mr.dexter wrote:
    thanks for reply dear , but why did u feel saturated

Thats because I saw people using same old tricks at every match. Use of simulators etc ruined the competition.
    Also I believe, herbert must've been used max 2 times. That way you must focus on algo development rather than developing simulators for herbert.
    Monday, February 26, 2007 8:34 PM
  • dear friend u seem to have sound indepth system  knowledge.

can u plz tell me a little more how this simulator works really i am very anxious to know that.

if u dont want to tell me now tell me after competetion is over.

one more help i require from u:

we have wi-fi connetion in our college but the network administrator only hostel PC's to connect to internet only after 4:30 pm but all computers in the college work with internet even before 4:30 . so can u suggest me some way to connect our hostel PC to net during 9:30 to 4:30. thanks in advance.

one thing more when hostel PCs r given authority to connect to net the IP address of the server changes.

from 192.x.x.x to 172.x.x.x

Tuesday, February 27, 2007 2:14 PM
  • Dexter again! :P

Its not allowed to share the simulators with each other...and beware even if someone gives u..same simulator ll result n similar solutions and then u r at risk of getting disqualified.

I din find any indian using simulators..bt yeah RAC (Match#1.. rank1) posted in the forum about eucledian algorithm...its very simple to design and can be extremely helpfull in solving some levels.

but i still insist u need not to have any tool for qualifying...me n my friens qualified wid top 20 ranks and none had any idea of ne simulator!

cheers! 

Wednesday, February 28, 2007 7:20 AM
  • dear actually i came across this news while cahtting online with a algo design round qualifier he told me that it written somewhere on the microsoft website. lets see what happens

Wednesday, February 28, 2007 9:42 AM
  • dear friends round 4 of algo design has started
    Friday, March 02, 2007 6:41 AM
  • dear u can reffer to the student rockstar homepage score-sheet and theres it is written bout indian finals "THIS IS FOR YOUR KIND INFORMATION "DAGARSD", GO AND CHECK IT"
    Friday, March 02, 2007 6:46 AM
  • dear friends i think the easiest of all rounds is round 4
    Friday, March 02, 2007 9:43 AM
  • can anyone tell me when the round 3.5 of algo design started and did it really came-up as my herbert software login is showing match 3.5
    Friday, March 02, 2007 9:48 AM
  • dear friend u dont seem to be new to the contest by ur posts. just joking, dont mind u r a very nice and polite guy. i will tell u;

firstly log on to www.imaginecup.com

enter userid and password

then click on algo-design link

as the page comes then dowload your herbert software whos link is given on the page. nothing else u need to download

then read the rules and regulations for understading how to write code

and finally get going.

Friday, March 02, 2007 6:41 PM
  • yes google is the best way to search for anything :) but this forum can be useful for others also who dont know about it , as after reading the threads, they can come to know what they previously didn't know :)
    Saturday, March 03, 2007 11:19 AM
  • hi...

i reg for photo, but i interested  in  this algorithm design but design for given theme is difficult for me...

are you very confident that the theme will suitable for your  design???

all the best...
    Monday, March 05, 2007 6:43 AM
  • you are having seperate finals for the india k. all the best for you to get a good price
    Monday, March 05, 2007 10:32 AM
  • dear friends we should try to  post more info about algo-design in this thread
    Monday, March 05, 2007 4:50 PM
  • eh.. shadowman, you should seriously reconsider taking part in algo match 4, its really simple this time... and there are plenty of days left.
    Its always nice to have more and more Indians in there.
    Tuesday, March 06, 2007 5:26 AM
  • thanks m8 for the advice, i will try giving the round four :)

Tuesday, March 06, 2007 3:15 PM
  • dear friend go for round four its really easy to start with and maybe its possible that u make it to india finals this time.
    Tuesday, March 06, 2007 3:34 PM
  • hey m8, what levels did you guys go in the round 4 ?
    i am stuck at level 2 :P
    Tuesday, March 06, 2007 5:47 PM
  •  dagarsd wrote:
     mr.dexter wrote:
    dear friend go for round four its really easy to start with and maybe its possible that u make it to india finals this time.

post due to misunderstanding with dagarsd has been deleted.

Tuesday, March 06, 2007 7:23 PM
  •  ShadowMan wrote:
    But what about the points that i missed out in the 1st three rounds ? i guess other people will have advantage over me ?

no dear u have to make your way in any one round.

Tuesday, March 06, 2007 7:35 PM
  •  dagarsd wrote:
     mr.dexter wrote:
     dagarsd wrote:
     mr.dexter wrote:
    dear friend go for round four its really easy to start with and maybe its possible that u make it to india finals this time.

Is it that hard to understand Mr. Dexter ??
    THERE IS NO INDIA FINALS IN IC ALGO!
    kindly have a look at FAQs @ imaginecup.com

i think "DAGARD " u just seem to be overjoyed like kids and shouting wildly in every direction. GO and check the main page of student-rockstar (User-Profile Page) a row for "indian-finals points scored" is given there for scoring, if u were right then what  is  that row doing at the user-home page (points collected table) of your profile.

Mr. dexter try to learn how to read plain english, go to www.imaginecup.com for FAQs about imagine cup (India finals or whatever) and not some site which refers to it. Student rockstar admin has mentioned that kind of stuff and I know that, I have conveyed the same to admin at rockstar but given there reluctance to efficiently manage this site, they have not replied yet. It would be better if you for once have a look at imagine cup site, oh wait here's an extract for you from there :

"Round 1 of the Algorithm Invitational is in the form of a game called Herbert. Herbert requires you to solve a number of levels by writing small programs to control a robot. The simpler and more elegant your solution, the more points you get. Herbert challenges your ability to see patterns and create algorithms to produce these patterns.

There will be four matches in Round 1. Each match will be two weeks long, and will consist of 25 new Herbert levels to solve. You can choose to participate in all matches, or in just one - it's up to you. The top 200 finishers cross all matches, by rank, will advance to Round 2. Note: for the purposes of the leaderboards, only your top ranked entry will be considered, and if you achieve that rank in more than one match, only the first will be considered."

This might nail the issue for a sane person, rest  is inane.

"DAGARD" u seem to be just running alone in the race and not listening to anybody, student-rockstar contest is the latest update (contest started after imagine-cup) so why sticking onto the same old news of imagine-cup. whatever, u were never invited for discussion over this issue. A person is called mentally-handicapped child.... if he is not ready to accept the hard facts, i am really amazed how a mentally-crippled child scored in algo-design, may be simulators might have proved helpful this time. And lastly no more discussions r needed in this regard.

Wednesday, March 07, 2007 5:14 PM
  • looks like there is a fight between two members :(
    this doesn't sound good :(
    Wednesday, March 07, 2007 5:32 PM
  •  dagarsd wrote:
    oh have fun Mr./Miss,/whatever dexter, sane people do listen to what the ORIGINAL site says, who cares whatever someone else says.

BEST OF LUCK FOR YOUR INDIA IC ALGO FINALS!
    DO TRY TO POST YOUR INDIA RANK IF THERE IS ONE.

HOPEFULLY YOU WILL FIND SOMEONE NEAR YOU WITH SOME ETHICS ( TRY YOUR MOM). THIS IS A PUBLIC FORUM NOT YOUR ROUDY  HOMEPLACE OR SOMETHING

"DAGARSD" i have edited my post and i think no more discussions in this regard r required.

Mind it all this has been started by you, see ur first post

Wednesday, March 07, 2007 5:37 PM
  • i have deleted every bad remark from my side now its upto the other party to do the same.

Thursday, March 08, 2007 6:30 AM
  • Man this is really not good. People are saying bad stuffs here in this forum. I think it will create bad impressions in other users mind.
    Friday, March 09, 2007 8:14 AM
  • dear friends let forget the previous posts and lets concentrate over the algo-design issue.

i think this time algo-design questions r really easy, i did attempted them for first day i got rank in 135, i hope to perform better before competetion ends.

Friday, March 09, 2007 9:16 AM
  • @dexter, can you tell me how to cross level 2 ? i am stuck at level 2 of round 4 :P
    I really feel it hard :P i dont know how you feel it so easy, hehhehe. You must be so intelligent ;)
    Friday, March 09, 2007 11:56 AM
  •  ShadowMan wrote:
    @dexter, can you tell me how to cross level 2 ? i am stuck at level 2 of round 4 :P
    I really feel it hard :P i dont know how you feel it so easy, hehhehe. You must be so intelligent ;)

dear shadowmwn its not about being intelligent firstly i also got some problems in round2 but when started doing the problems i found them comfortable to go with, except last ones,

now the solution to problem-2 of round4 is given below just paste this answer in your herbert and let do the rest, this is an infinite loop, but is solved in less bits than max. no. given to us

solution:

t:ssss
    v:trtrtltlv
    v

Friday, March 09, 2007 2:32 PM
  • dear friend post something meaningful these unneccessary posts will not get u points as they will be checked by microsoft,

best of luck

Friday, March 09, 2007 2:38 PM
  • Thanks for the solution m8.
    I was trying the same thing, but i did only 7 iterations and hence the size increased ;)

i was trying to do
    f:ssss
    g(G):frfrflflg(G-1)
    g(7)

Friday, March 09, 2007 2:40 PM
  • dear can anyone suggest solution for problem10 of algo-design match-4
    Saturday, March 10, 2007 6:20 PM
  • @dexter or someone else, can you please post the solutions to the algo ?
    I am really feeling it hard to pass after th 3rd level :(
    Saturday, March 10, 2007 6:40 PM
  • dear riend its really impossible to post all the solutions here, as other ppl( who r not the member this thread) can also see the solution this would give them unneccessary advantage, sorry.
    Sunday, March 11, 2007 6:16 AM
  • my rank has really gone down with 26640 points i am at 250 rank
    Sunday, March 11, 2007 6:31 AM
  • How many levels you solved dexter ?
    Sunday, March 11, 2007 8:01 AM
  • dear friend i have made to 20 levels but rest  5 r really hard and now i have just stopped working on it.

can anuone p[lz tell me how do i know what name should i use in forum, right now i am using my name which is my displt e-email-id.

Wednesday, March 14, 2007 6:02 PM
  • dear friends was anyone able to do all the levels, and what is this "CAMPUS MATCH" link in herbert, can anyone plz tell me
    Friday, March 16, 2007 6:08 PM
  • dear friends how well did u ppl perform in algo design competetion???

i got 250 rank with 26625 points

Sunday, March 18, 2007 6:54 PM
  • Congrats m8, that is really good :) i only scored about 1500+ points and rank i guess is not good to say :P  I hope many of the indians have been selected for the round 2 :)
    Tuesday, March 20, 2007 8:13 AM
  • daer friend thanks for the compliments, but as u know that it is of no use as we r not in top 50 ranks(world ranking),i think there r atleast 15-20 students who have not yet mentioned their ranks here but have got rank-under-250, i mean the indian candidates. hope some of them participate in this thread.
    Tuesday, March 20, 2007 2:05 PM
  • dear friends when will the results of contests of imagine-cup will be declared
    Sunday, March 25, 2007 9:28 AM
  • All replies

• when is the next competition...
      Saturday, February 24, 2007 5:00 PM
    • I achieved a rank of 30 in match-2. But I then felt saturated seeing everyone apply same old tricks. (They posted the solutions :p )
      Saturday, February 24, 2007 5:03 PM
    • thanks for reply dear , but why did u feel saturated
      Saturday, February 24, 2007 6:22 PM
    • next competetion will start on 1st march probably. check out the website
      Saturday, February 24, 2007 6:24 PM
    •  mr.dexter wrote:

As there will be seperate finals for indian students in algorithm design competetion of IMAGINE CUP i wanted to know what rank did u score in case u participated.

there's no separate round for indians. Only one second round worldwide buddy. Also how did you qualify for second round with best rank of 119? It has to be under 50. You talking about same imagine cup?

regards
      Sumit Dagar
      best rank :15
      Saturday, February 24, 2007 8:52 PM
    •  mr.dexter wrote:
      thanks for reply dear , but why did u feel saturated

Thats because I saw people using same old tricks at every match. Use of simulators etc ruined the competition.
      Also I believe, herbert must've been used max 2 times. That way you must focus on algo development rather than developing simulators for herbert.
      Monday, February 26, 2007 8:34 PM
    • dear friend u seem to have sound indepth system  knowledge.

can u plz tell me a little more how this simulator works really i am very anxious to know that.

if u dont want to tell me now tell me after competetion is over.

one more help i require from u:

we have wi-fi connetion in our college but the network administrator only hostel PC's to connect to internet only after 4:30 pm but all computers in the college work with internet even before 4:30 . so can u suggest me some way to connect our hostel PC to net during 9:30 to 4:30. thanks in advance.

one thing more when hostel PCs r given authority to connect to net the IP address of the server changes.

from 192.x.x.x to 172.x.x.x

Tuesday, February 27, 2007 2:14 PM
    • Last match of First round is schedule for March 1 - March 14!

Match starts at 0:00 GMT and end at 23:59:59 GMT.
      Tuesday, February 27, 2007 7:44 PM
    • hi dexter,

herbert needs connection only at it's startup (and when u upload the solutions), so u can login at the time ur net is on and then keep up d work for rest of the day!

I just read, THERS A SEPARATE FINAL FOR INDIANS!!!!

is that true??? i neva came across such news!

Wednesday, February 28, 2007 7:02 AM
    • Dexter again! :P

Its not allowed to share the simulators with each other...and beware even if someone gives u..same simulator ll result n similar solutions and then u r at risk of getting disqualified.

I din find any indian using simulators..bt yeah RAC (Match#1.. rank1) posted in the forum about eucledian algorithm...its very simple to design and can be extremely helpfull in solving some levels.

but i still insist u need not to have any tool for qualifying...me n my friens qualified wid top 20 ranks and none had any idea of ne simulator!

cheers! 

Wednesday, February 28, 2007 7:20 AM
    • dear actually i came across this news while cahtting online with a algo design round qualifier he told me that it written somewhere on the microsoft website. lets see what happens

Wednesday, February 28, 2007 9:42 AM
    • dear friends round 4 of algo design has started
      Friday, March 02, 2007 6:41 AM
    • dear u can reffer to the student rockstar homepage score-sheet and theres it is written bout indian finals "THIS IS FOR YOUR KIND INFORMATION "DAGARSD", GO AND CHECK IT"
      Friday, March 02, 2007 6:46 AM
    • dear friends i think the easiest of all rounds is round 4
      Friday, March 02, 2007 9:43 AM
    • can anyone tell me when the round 3.5 of algo design started and did it really came-up as my herbert software login is showing match 3.5
      Friday, March 02, 2007 9:48 AM
    • How to take part in this contest ?
      the algorithm contest is conducted every month ?
      i am new about this, so i request you guys to let me know what it actually is.
      I have already created an account for the imagine cup, but haven't started doing anything.
      Friday, March 02, 2007 4:03 PM
    • dear friend u dont seem to be new to the contest by ur posts. just joking, dont mind u r a very nice and polite guy. i will tell u;

firstly log on to www.imaginecup.com

enter userid and password

then click on algo-design link

as the page comes then dowload your herbert software whos link is given on the page. nothing else u need to download

then read the rules and regulations for understading how to write code

and finally get going.

Friday, March 02, 2007 6:41 PM
    • actually i signed up for the Software development invitation :P
      thats why i didn't knew about the algorithm link :)

anyways thanks a lot for your kind reply and detailed steps , changing y project definition :) this algo thing looks nice :)

Saturday, March 03, 2007 6:55 AM
    • HEY SEARCH IN GOOGLE NA
      Saturday, March 03, 2007 8:07 AM
    • yes google is the best way to search for anything :) but this forum can be useful for others also who dont know about it , as after reading the threads, they can come to know what they previously didn't know :)
      Saturday, March 03, 2007 11:19 AM
    • u can mstsc to connect to the internet from 9:30 to 4:30...

you can also setup a separate proxy server using CCproxy, Freeproxy on your LAB pc and then use that proxy from your hostel PC....

Sunday, March 04, 2007 7:23 AM
    • hi...

i reg for photo, but i interested  in  this algorithm design but design for given theme is difficult for me...

are you very confident that the theme will suitable for your  design???

all the best...
      Monday, March 05, 2007 6:43 AM
    • you are having seperate finals for the india k. all the best for you to get a good price
      Monday, March 05, 2007 10:32 AM
    • i am also registered for the snap shot. but i am working on it. its too boring ya
      Monday, March 05, 2007 10:34 AM
    • dear friends we should try to  post more info about algo-design in this thread
      Monday, March 05, 2007 4:50 PM
    •  mr.dexter wrote:
      dear u can reffer to the student rockstar homepage score-sheet and theres it is written bout indian finals "THIS IS FOR YOUR KIND INFORMATION "DAGARSD", GO AND CHECK IT"

Mr. dexter,

some fundamentals for you :
      1. only software development has separate country finals as in IC.
      2. There is no india(or any other country) finals in IC 07.
      3. Even if there is (in your imagination), a rank of 119 doesnt  let you qualify for second round.
      4. The information on student rockstar points earn table ( if thats what you mean by score-sheet) only mentions IC india finals, which is not taking place in all the events in IC.

buddy try to understand and clear your basics before taking part in reputed competitions like IC.
      If you do qualify (somehow) for India finals (which exist in your imagination) with a rank of 119, do inform us all.

regards
      Sumit Dagar
      Monday, March 05, 2007 5:17 PM
    • what was the algo asked in the 4th round, ?
      Monday, March 05, 2007 6:14 PM
    • IC-algorithm is about solving traces for herbert (look www.imaginecup.com). It has 25 levels, not a single one. Hence no unique algo exists.

have you participated in IC?
      Monday, March 05, 2007 9:18 PM
    • thanks for the info m8.
      btw, i have signed up for the IC, but haven't done anything :P i thought i would do something, but i dont get much free time after college :(
      Tuesday, March 06, 2007 3:55 AM
    • eh.. shadowman, you should seriously reconsider taking part in algo match 4, its really simple this time... and there are plenty of days left.
      Its always nice to have more and more Indians in there.
      Tuesday, March 06, 2007 5:26 AM
    • thanks for the info
      Tuesday, March 06, 2007 9:31 AM
    • thanks m8 for the advice, i will try giving the round four :)

Tuesday, March 06, 2007 3:15 PM
    • dear friend go for round four its really easy to start with and maybe its possible that u make it to india finals this time.
      Tuesday, March 06, 2007 3:34 PM
    • But what about the points that i missed out in the 1st three rounds ? i guess other people will have advantage over me ?
      Tuesday, March 06, 2007 3:54 PM
    • hey m8, i gave the round 4, i did it in 18 bytes of code, and points was 36/100 :(
      i think its very low... what about you guys ? how to go to the next level ? im ean next stage ? there are 25 stages.
      Tuesday, March 06, 2007 4:51 PM
    •  mr.dexter wrote:

Tuesday, March 06, 2007 5:13 PM
    • hey m8, what levels did you guys go in the round 4 ?
      i am stuck at level 2 :P
      Tuesday, March 06, 2007 5:47 PM
    •  dagarsd wrote:
       mr.dexter wrote:

post due to misunderstanding with dagarsd has been deleted.

Tuesday, March 06, 2007 7:23 PM
    •  ShadowMan wrote:
      But what about the points that i missed out in the 1st three rounds ? i guess other people will have advantage over me ?

no dear u have to make your way in any one round.

Tuesday, March 06, 2007 7:35 PM
    • thanks for the info m8 :)
      how many levels did you clear ?
      Wednesday, March 07, 2007 4:23 AM
    •  mr.dexter wrote:
       dagarsd wrote:
       mr.dexter wrote:

i think "DAGARD " u just seem to be overjoyed like kids and shouting wildly in every direction. GO and check the main page of student-rockstar (User-Profile Page) a row for "indian-finals points scored" is given there for scoring, if u were right then what  is  that row doing at the user-home page (points collected table) of your profile.

Mr. dexter try to learn how to read plain english, go to www.imaginecup.com for FAQs about imagine cup (India finals or whatever) and not some site which refers to it. Student rockstar admin has mentioned that kind of stuff and I know that, I have conveyed the same to admin at rockstar but given there reluctance to efficiently manage this site, they have not replied yet. It would be better if you for once have a look at imagine cup site, oh wait here's an extract for you from there :

"Round 1 of the Algorithm Invitational is in the form of a game called Herbert. Herbert requires you to solve a number of levels by writing small programs to control a robot. The simpler and more elegant your solution, the more points you get. Herbert challenges your ability to see patterns and create algorithms to produce these patterns.

There will be four matches in Round 1. Each match will be two weeks long, and will consist of 25 new Herbert levels to solve. You can choose to participate in all matches, or in just one - it's up to you. The top 200 finishers cross all matches, by rank, will advance to Round 2. Note: for the purposes of the leaderboards, only your top ranked entry will be considered, and if you achieve that rank in more than one match, only the first will be considered."

Wednesday, March 07, 2007 3:15 PM
    •  dagarsd wrote:
       mr.dexter wrote:
       dagarsd wrote:
       mr.dexter wrote:

"DAGARD" u seem to be just running alone in the race and not listening to anybody, student-rockstar contest is the latest update (contest started after imagine-cup) so why sticking onto the same old news of imagine-cup. whatever, u were never invited for discussion over this issue. A person is called mentally-handicapped child.... if he is not ready to accept the hard facts, i am really amazed how a mentally-crippled child scored in algo-design, may be simulators might have proved helpful this time. And lastly no more discussions r needed in this regard.

Wednesday, March 07, 2007 5:14 PM
    • oh have fun Mr./Miss,/whatever dexter, sane people do listen to what the ORIGINAL site says, who cares whatever someone else says.

HOPEFULLY YOU WILL FIND SOMEONE NEAR YOU WITH SOME ETHICS ( TRY YOUR MOM). THIS IS A PUBLIC FORUM NOT YOUR ROUDY  HOMEPLACE OR SOMETHING
      Wednesday, March 07, 2007 5:21 PM
    • looks like there is a fight between two members :(
      this doesn't sound good :(
      Wednesday, March 07, 2007 5:32 PM
    •  dagarsd wrote:
      oh have fun Mr./Miss,/whatever dexter, sane people do listen to what the ORIGINAL site says, who cares whatever someone else says.

"DAGARSD" i have edited my post and i think no more discussions in this regard r required.

Mind it all this has been started by you, see ur first post

Wednesday, March 07, 2007 5:37 PM
    • SHUT THE *** UP YOU PIECE OF UNEDUCATED POLLUTED ***.
      TRY YOUR MOM REFERS TO SOMEONE WITH ETHICS BUT ONLY A MIND LIKE YOU WOULD HAVE THOUGHT WHAT YOU THOUGHT. NO PROBS WITH THAT BEST OF LUCK FOR YOUR FUTURE WITH THAT KIND OF THINKING.
      AS FAR AS RANDOM USE OF "PROSTITUTE" IS CONCERNED, I DONT HAVE PROBLEMS WITH YOU THINKING THAT OF YOUR MOM OR WHOEVER,

DOGS BARK AND THEY WILL CONTINUE BARKING SO YOU CAN DO THAT AS LONG AS YOU WANT TO, BUT WITH THAT THINKING I DONT THINK YOU WILL HAVE ANY SENSE.

LETS STILL HOPE SOMEONE IN YOUR FAMILY/ FRIENDS IS SENSIBLE ENOUGH TO IMPART SOME ETHICS INTO YOU AND YOUR RETARD BRAIN.

I AM OFF, CONTINUE BARKING IF YOU WANT TO.
      Wednesday, March 07, 2007 9:45 PM
    • i have deleted every bad remark from my side now its upto the other party to do the same.

Thursday, March 08, 2007 6:30 AM
    • Man this is really not good. People are saying bad stuffs here in this forum. I think it will create bad impressions in other users mind.
      Friday, March 09, 2007 8:14 AM
    • Its pretty interesting to hear all ranks and stuffs.. But my pathetic situation is that I ve joined the contest but had done nothing for it..

Can someone tel me whats the first step in the Algo Contest?

Friday, March 09, 2007 8:40 AM
    • dear friends let forget the previous posts and lets concentrate over the algo-design issue.

i think this time algo-design questions r really easy, i did attempted them for first day i got rank in 135, i hope to perform better before competetion ends.

Friday, March 09, 2007 9:16 AM

Friday, March 09, 2007 9:28 AM
    • @dexter, can you tell me how to cross level 2 ? i am stuck at level 2 of round 4 :P
      Friday, March 09, 2007 11:56 AM
    •  ShadowMan wrote:
      @dexter, can you tell me how to cross level 2 ? i am stuck at level 2 of round 4 :P

dear shadowmwn its not about being intelligent firstly i also got some problems in round2 but when started doing the problems i found them comfortable to go with, except last ones,

now the solution to problem-2 of round4 is given below just paste this answer in your herbert and let do the rest, this is an infinite loop, but is solved in less bits than max. no. given to us

solution:

t:ssss
      v:trtrtltlv
      v

Friday, March 09, 2007 2:32 PM
    • dear friend post something meaningful these unneccessary posts will not get u points as they will be checked by microsoft,

best of luck

Friday, March 09, 2007 2:38 PM
    • Thanks for the solution m8.
      I was trying the same thing, but i did only 7 iterations and hence the size increased ;)

i was trying to do
      f:ssss
      g(G):frfrflflg(G-1)
      g(7)

Friday, March 09, 2007 2:40 PM
    • dear can anyone suggest solution for problem10 of algo-design match-4
      Saturday, March 10, 2007 6:20 PM
    • @dexter or someone else, can you please post the solutions to the algo ?
      I am really feeling it hard to pass after th 3rd level :(
      Saturday, March 10, 2007 6:40 PM
    • dear riend its really impossible to post all the solutions here, as other ppl( who r not the member this thread) can also see the solution this would give them unneccessary advantage, sorry.
      Sunday, March 11, 2007 6:16 AM
    • my rank has really gone down with 26640 points i am at 250 rank
      Sunday, March 11, 2007 6:31 AM
    • How many levels you solved dexter ?
      Sunday, March 11, 2007 8:01 AM
    • dear friend i have made to 20 levels but rest  5 r really hard and now i have just stopped working on it.

can anuone p[lz tell me how do i know what name should i use in forum, right now i am using my name which is my displt e-email-id.

Wednesday, March 14, 2007 6:02 PM
    • dear friends was anyone able to do all the levels, and what is this "CAMPUS MATCH" link in herbert, can anyone plz tell me
      Friday, March 16, 2007 6:08 PM
    • dear friends how well did u ppl perform in algo design competetion???

i got 250 rank with 26625 points

Sunday, March 18, 2007 6:54 PM
    • Congrats m8, that is really good :) i only scored about 1500+ points and rank i guess is not good to say :P  I hope many of the indians have been selected for the round 2 :)
      Tuesday, March 20, 2007 8:13 AM
    • daer friend thanks for the compliments, but as u know that it is of no use as we r not in top 50 ranks(world ranking),i think there r atleast 15-20 students who have not yet mentioned their ranks here but have got rank-under-250, i mean the indian candidates. hope some of them participate in this thread.
      Tuesday, March 20, 2007 2:05 PM
    • dear friends when will the results of contests of imagine-cup will be declared
      Sunday, March 25, 2007 9:28 AM