none
Remote Access: Can I log on to my Windows Home Server with Remote Desktop Connection?

Question

• I want to log on to my Windows Home Server with Remote Desktop connection using my username.  Is this possible?
    Monday, February 12, 2007 12:28 AM

Answers

• The only way to log on to Windows Home Server through Remote Desktop connection is to use the administrator username and password.

All other usernames do not have access rights.

Monday, February 12, 2007 12:30 AM

All replies

• The only way to log on to Windows Home Server through Remote Desktop connection is to use the administrator username and password.

All other usernames do not have access rights.

Monday, February 12, 2007 12:30 AM
  • You could add your user to the remote desktop users group.
    Saturday, February 24, 2007 3:22 AM
  • I ran into this as well and manually added the Remote Desktop Users group in the Local Security Policy, figuring it was just an oversight.  Seems kind of silly to have an option to enable or disable remote access for users then, isn't it?  At the moment, I can't think of any reason anyway to directly log onto the server besides maintenance purposes (and most likely I would need an admin account for that).
    Monday, February 26, 2007 3:29 AM
  • is it possible to change the rights so that others useraccounts have acces to remote desktop?
    Tuesday, February 27, 2007 6:00 PM
  • The title is a little bit confusing.

I think this is talking about connector software instead of "Remote Access"

Remote Access is a exclusive feature name is Windows Home Server, which allows anywhere access to the Windows Home Server via web.

Saturday, March 10, 2007 9:45 AM
  • After adding Remote Desktop to a users permissions in the Computer Management Console, that user can log in using RDC from any machine on the network.
    Sunday, March 18, 2007 1:46 PM