Looking for new testing ideas? Help test Application Compatibility!

General discussion

• Well, we have plenty and  we’d like to see some specific ones tried out and will be posting documents with some testing steps each week during the Public beta.

The first week’s testing area is Application Compatibility.  The Application Compatibility Feature Focus document, in .docx, .doc and .pdf formats can be downloaded at the link below.

https://connect.microsoft.com/WindowsHomeServer/Downloads/DownloadDetails.aspx?DownloadID=12708

Thanks and happy testing!

-Tom

Sunday, June 15, 2008 2:31 AM

All replies

• Hi Tom

I have PP1 build 1776 on my WHS and I would now like to test "Photo Gallery Live". I have 15000+ photos and 300+ personal videos in their shared folders (yes they are backed up). I have XP Pro and a Vista Ultimate clients that will interact with the photo & video folders.

Is there anything specific I should do to setup this scenario, folder duplication ? syncing ?  backup ? I'd like to know the perferred setup to work with and protect these type of files and also what things I should look for in the way of bugs.

Thanks

Tuesday, July 08, 2008 5:16 PM
  • JK, if you go to the download section of Connect, you'll find that there are several "feature focus" documents that recommend testing scenarios. One of them is to test applications on your server.
    Tuesday, July 08, 2008 7:35 PM
  • Thanks Ken

I've performed the tests previously. I now want to go beyond this into using multiple clients and users working with the WHS photos and videos. Am I assuming to much by having multiple users in the WHS folders at the same time ?

I also want to know what would be the best strategy for backup in this environment, if I should do folder duplication, sync center, sync-toy or backup each night to a remote hard drive ?

It would be helpful to have a documented test scenario for this, similar to the one on connect for testing applications.

Thanks

JK

Tuesday, July 08, 2008 8:37 PM