none
How to submit jobs to Windows HPC Server 2008 R2 headnode with SSH Server

Question

• I have setup the SSH Server on a hpcworkstation1 (using Windows HPC Server 2008 R2) , with settings below:

SSH Server

• Windows logon type: Network
    • Resolve client hostname: no
    • Windows terminal mode: Console

Node Configurations:

• Two nodes: Windows HPC Server 2008 R2 (hpcworkstation1 is joined to the cluster domain) and (hpcheadnode2 is a cluster headnode)

When submitting jobs from a Linux SSH client to the hpcworkstation1:

ssh user@hpcworkstation1 job submit /scheduler:hpcheadnode2 hostname

Could not connect to the scheduler. The user may not be authorized to connect to the scheduler or the scheduler service might not be running.

However, if I log into the hpcworkstation1 using Remote Desktop, and submit the same job

C:Usersuser>job submit /scheduler:hpcheadnode2 hostname

Job has been submitted. ID: 8808.

How to submit jobs from Linux when  SSH server is installed on non-headnode machine (but joined to the cluster domain)?

Tuesday, August 30, 2011 12:05 AM

All replies

• Hi,

I believe you are experiencing a double-hop problem, where SSH server can act on behalf on authenticated user on the machine, where it is running, but cannot forward user's credentials to the remote server (cluster's headnode in this case). It might be possible to solve this by configuring domain controller and/or ssh server to work with delegation of authentication.

Could you provide some more information about SSH server implementation, its version and configuration and which authentication method is being used?

Regards,
    Łukasz

Saturday, September 10, 2011 6:08 AM