Activation of Office XP Pro on a replacement laptop

Question

• Hi!  After several failed attempts to fix my Toshiba laptop, Best Buy gave in, honored the extended warranty, and allowed me a replacement laptop.  However, as I began reinstalling my old software programs, I was faced with an activation error for Office.  I currently have it running on my main PC in the computer room, and I would like to run it on my (not-dead) new laptop.  Is there someone I can call to get authorization and information to activate my Office XP Pro? 

Thanks in advance...

Nikki

Sunday, October 29, 2006 4:44 AM

Answers

•  Nikki Schleicher wrote:

Hi!  After several failed attempts to fix my Toshiba laptop, Best Buy gave in, honored the extended warranty, and allowed me a replacement laptop.  However, as I began reinstalling my old software programs, I was faced with an activation error for Office.  I currently have it running on my main PC in the computer room, and I would like to run it on my (not-dead) new laptop.  Is there someone I can call to get authorization and information to activate my Office XP Pro? 

Thanks in advance...

Nikki

Please repost your question in the Microsoft Office newsgroup: http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?dg=microsoft.public.office.setup&lang=en&cr=US

Sunday, October 29, 2006 4:25 PM