Wednesday, May 16, 2012 7:45 AMOwner
- Q1: Can it be used on win8? If not, when will such version be available?
Users can develop Windows Phone applications based on Face SDK on Windows 7. But the derived applications and the Face SDK binaries can only be used on Windows Phone 7. It's declared in the license agreement.
We don't have plan to release a Windows 8 version yet. Please stay tuned for future updates.
- Q2: Can it be used on win7 and older version of windows?
A: See Q1
- Q3: Does it support human identification by face features?
A: No. Face SDK for Windows Phone supports face detection, face alignment, 2d face tracker, and face cartoon.
- Q4: Will a native version be available?
A: No. Windows Phone 7 platform only supports managed application, so we won't provide a native version.
- Q5: Where can we get support?
A: Please visit our project website http://research.microsoft.com/en-us/projects/facesdk to get latest news, technical white papers. If you have any questions, you can visit our discussion forum http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/facesdk/ to ask questions.
- Q6: Is the SDK all built upon MSR research results? what are the related papers?
Face SDK for Windows Phone integrates some of the latest face technologies from Microsoft Research teams. For more background information, please visit our project website http://research.microsoft.com/en-us/projects/facesdk and check out the technical white papers.
- Q7: What is the future plan for SDK?
A: Current release is the first public beta version. We are open to receive any feedbacks and suggestions to improve the SDK.
- Q8: How is it related to Xbox/Kinect? Can it be used there?
A: Some technologies in Face SDK are similar to those be used in Kinect. But Face SDK is designed and optimized for Windows Phone platform. You can only run Face SDK binaries on Windows Phone platform. The license agreement also declares this.
- Q9: Is MSR open to research collaboration on face related R&D?
A: Yes. If you have any proposals, please contact us through our web forum http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/facesdk/
- Edited by ningxMicrosoft Employee, Owner Wednesday, May 16, 2012 7:48 AM
- Edited by ningxMicrosoft Employee, Owner Wednesday, May 16, 2012 7:49 AM
- Edited by ningxMicrosoft Employee, Owner Wednesday, May 16, 2012 7:50 AM
- Edited by ningxMicrosoft Employee, Owner Wednesday, May 16, 2012 7:52 AM update
- Edited by Qiufeng YINMicrosoft Employee, Moderator Thursday, May 17, 2012 6:49 AM Update the font size
Wednesday, June 20, 2012 4:00 PM
i think face sdk is nice and wanna use it in my windows desktop application .
so , the face sdk will only support windows phone in the feature ? why not transplanting sdk to the windows desktop platform such like windows 7/8 ?
Saturday, June 30, 2012 10:40 AMOwner
Thanks for your interest in Microsoft Face SDK. We're investigating on the opportunity of releasing a desktop version, but haven't come up a plan/solution yet.