Management Reporter - excel file

Question

• Our client has changed the output format from Management Reporter to Excel.  This produces a reportname.xlsx file but follows this with a message stating you can't open this file, would you like to browse to select a program to use or would you like to select from a list of installed programs.

The client has Excel installed on his machine but it's office 2003.  He has the microsoft office compatibility pack installed.  If he clicks on the xlsx file, nothing happens.  If the extension is changed to .xls, the file opens in an unreadable formt (symbols and characters). 

This happens on the client's machine as well as the server. 

I was able to open this file on my machine (Office 2007) and have informed the client one of his options is to install office 2007.  Other than that, does anyone have any suggestions on what may allow the client to open the file?

Wednesday, September 29, 2010 3:10 PM

Answers

• Management Reporter only supports Excel 2007 or Excel 2010.  The compatibilty pack won't work.
    Chris Liley, MCP Principal Consultant, Dynamics GP I.B.I.S., Inc. www.ibis.com www.dynamicscare.com/blog/ and www.ibis.com/blog
    • Marked as answer by Chris Flood Wednesday, September 29, 2010 5:45 PM
    Wednesday, September 29, 2010 3:38 PM