Viewing 'Access Levels Management' does not work right

Question

• When switching the view to Access Levels Management, the contacts that have a 'Level of Access' set to 'Company' do not show.
    Personal, Team, Public and Blocked show their users, not Company.
    Any ideas?
    Monday, September 29, 2008 7:44 PM

Answers

• Are you not seeing in the Company (Access Levels Management)

=> People in my company

See graphic in this article

http://communicatorteam.com/archive/2008/05/28/238.aspx

I guess you don't see the contacts individually because this is considered the default access level for all people in your company

If you set the View to Access Levels then you should see all contacts in their respective access level, so you might have mistakenly choosen the wrong view?

Monday, September 29, 2008 10:33 PM

All replies

• Do you know for sure that some contacts are assigned to this level?  What happens if you drag a contact into it, does the contact 'vanish' form the view?

And just because it's Monday and I've had my moments....the little arrow next to 'Company' isn't turned, indicating that the list just isn't expanded?

Monday, September 29, 2008 9:58 PM
  • Are you not seeing in the Company (Access Levels Management)

=> People in my company

See graphic in this article

http://communicatorteam.com/archive/2008/05/28/238.aspx

I guess you don't see the contacts individually because this is considered the default access level for all people in your company

If you set the View to Access Levels then you should see all contacts in their respective access level, so you might have mistakenly choosen the wrong view?

Monday, September 29, 2008 10:33 PM
  • Morning Jeff,
    I have quite a few contacts assigned to 'company'.  If I drag some from 'team' to 'company', they disappear.
    The little arrow is turned down for the 'Company' group and it shows the two people icon (meaning Group) and 'People in my company' is displayed below it.  But I can not expand it.
    If I change back to the 'Contact List' view, everyone shows up and they have the assigned access level.
    Very strange...
    Tuesday, September 30, 2008 11:53 AM
  • Yes, that is a weird one; is this only happeneing on one workstation?  I guess I'd try removing and reinstalling the OC software as something sure appears to be malfunctioning.

Tuesday, September 30, 2008 12:33 PM
  • So I just, this is just the way it works.
    Confusing but OK now that I know.
    Thanks
    Tuesday, September 30, 2008 3:32 PM
  • I don't think that 'is the way it works'.  Yes, by default users in your corporation are assigned to the Company access level, but any contacts you manually drag into that access level SHOULD still appear in the list.  I'm looking at mine right now and they show up, as well in my test lab.

I didn't see an answer to my original question, is this on just one client or happening across many workstations?

Tuesday, September 30, 2008 5:30 PM
  • If I set a federated contact to Company Level I can see him appearing in the Company group

Changing a contact in my company to Team/Personal/public or blocked level (Then I can see the contact apprearing in the corresponding list) and back to Company then I cannot see the contact in the Company group

So apparently default do apply in the Access Levels Management

Tuesday, September 30, 2008 8:19 PM