Tuesday, February 20, 2007 5:39 AM
There was virus in Windows 98 xp and dell helped restore the hardrive and reload eveything back on but Office 2003. I told the tech I could do it myself and the product key code will not validate.
This on the computer I use at work and I did not write the error messge to put on my email.
Now I am on my own to figure out the problem and need someone help to get Office to Validate.
Tuesday, February 20, 2007 12:59 PM
Go to http://www.microsoft.com/genuine to validate your Office program. If validation fails, proceed the steps below:
1) Go to: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\Office\Data\
2) Delete the data.dat file.
3) This data.dat file is for Office (not OGA).
4) Once the file has been deleted, open an Office application such as MS Word (or your own personal favorite) and ACTIVATE it.
5) After product activation is successful, try revalidating (this is the OGA part; Office Genuine Advantage) by visiting: http://www.microsoft.com/genuine and click "Validate Office"
Thursday, March 08, 2007 7:38 PM
Donna Buenaventura is spot on with her recommendation. Also I would like to request you to perform a diagnostic test in conjunction to her guidance. I understand the inconvenience you are currently experiencing and would like to provide you with some self-help options we have made available for our customers to address the issue you are currently experiencing. Please follow the steps outlined below as it could either resolve your issue or, if need be, provide us with additional information to determine the cause of this issue.
1. Ensure you log onto the computer experiencing the issue with “Administrator” rights.
2. Next we would like to confirm that you are running the most current version of the Genuine Advantage control on your computer. In order to do this please follow the below link and choose the “Validate Office” option.
If the above steps did not resolve your issue lets continue with the steps below.
I would like to provide some of the self-help options we have made available for our customers to address these issues. If you could please follow the steps outlined below the diagnostics Web Site will attempt to resolve the validation errors you are experiencing with Office.
Next follow the on-screen prompts to resolve the issue if any of the checks at the above site fail. You can do this by choosing the “Resolve Now” button if it appears. If, after attempting to resolve the issue as per the instructions on the above site fails, please refer to the link below and run the MGA Diagnostics tool:
You will be prompted to either “Run” or “Save” the tool. Choose to “Run” the tool and follow the on-screen prompts. You will receive an “Internet Explorer-Security Warning” dialog box for the “Windows Genuine Advantage Diagnostic Tool”, you must choose to “Run” this tool when prompted.
Once you are presented with the Diagnostics tool choose “Continue” to run the diagnostic report. If the “RESOLVE” button is available after running the diagnostics, please click “RESOLVE” to allow the diagnostic tool to attempt a repair.
If the issue still has not been resolved could you please provide us with the following information:
1. After running the MGA Diagnostic tool, click on the “Windows” tab and then click on “Copy”.
2. Please return to this post and “Paste” the results here for additional review.
Have a great day!!!