Monday, July 09, 2012 11:34 AMI use HP computer and genuine windows 7 professional. Due to some reason i have to format my computer and i have no recovery disk so i installed preactivated windows 7, now how can i convert it to genuine windows 7
- Edited by Aakash Prajapati Monday, July 09, 2012 11:36 AM
- Changed Type Noel D PatonMicrosoft Community Contributor, Moderator Wednesday, October 03, 2012 12:19 AM Not a discussion
Monday, July 09, 2012 12:05 PMAnswerer
please read the sticky at the top of the forum: Please read before posting.
To properly analyze and solve problems with Activation and Validation, we need to see a full copy of the diagnostic report produced by the MGADiag tool (download and save to desktop - http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012 )
Once downloaded, run the tool.
Click on the Continue button, after a short time, the Continue button will change to a Copy button.
Click on the Copy button in the tool (ignore any error messages at this point), and then paste (using either r-click/Paste, or Ctrl+V ) into your post.
Please state the version and edition of windows from your COA. do not state the product key.
- Proposed As Answer by Noel D PatonMicrosoft Community Contributor, Moderator Wednesday, October 03, 2012 12:20 AM
- Marked As Answer by Noel D PatonMicrosoft Community Contributor, Moderator Tuesday, October 09, 2012 3:33 PM
Monday, July 09, 2012 6:02 PMPlease see: Looking for HP Recovery Discs?
- Proposed As Answer by Carey FrischMVP Wednesday, October 03, 2012 7:02 AM