Fixes issues for machines where the firmware does not report CPU frequency. Has some ore enhancements for correct operation on a larger variety of Windows 7 computers.
A new version (v1.1) is now available, linked from http://research.microsoft.com/joulemeter/
New features, based on some of the requests from prior feedback
- Application energy metering feature added (see user manual for why only CPU energy is tracked for applications).
- Save to file option is provided to save power data.
- Manual editing of power model is supported.
- A single application is used for calibration and power usage monitoring (instead of a background service and a taskbar based application).
- Several improvements have been made to the calibration process, making it more likely to succeed on a variety of computers.
Microsoft Research AutoCollage announcements
Microsoft Research AutoCollage Frequently Asked Questions
AutoCollage comes with a comprehensive help system which describes how you can use the application to generate pleasing AutoCollages. Please read the help first if you have a question as it may solve your issue. Below are some of the most frequently asked questions on how to best use the application. Microsoft Research AutoCollage 2008 has an update, released on February 2009. A description of the update features and instructions on how to obtain it is available at http://support.microsoft.com/kb/961855.
1) How do I select which images I would like to use in my AutoCollage?
The application will automatically choose the best images from the selected folder for inclusion in the AutoCollage. If you have a preference for a certain set of images we recommend that you create a new folder and place the images you would like to include there. You can then select this folder in the application's Image Browser and create a new AutoCollage.
AutoCollage 2008 v1.1 includes the ability to select images for an AutoCollage, which is described in the help topic "Changing Image Ranking".
2) How can I redisplay the original images after I created my AutoCollage?
Once you have created an AutoCollage you may decide you would like to redisplay the images used to create it. To do this you simply have to press the "Esc" key.
3) How can I stop the application from loading all the images in the currently selected folder?
If you have selected a folder with a large amount of images in error you don't have to wait for it to complete loading all the images. At any time during the loading process you can select another folder in the Image Browser. It will stop processing the images in the previous folder, clear the loaded images, and start loading the images from the new folder.
4) How can I use images on my website/remote PC through AutoCollage?
If you wish to use images from a remote PC, you may copy those to a local folder first, what improves the performance of the AutoCollage process. Then you can select this new folder in the application's Image Browser as normal. AutoCollage 2008 v1.1 supports the use of network folders.
5) How can I register AutoCollage once I have my key?
When you purchase AutoCollage, you receive an AutoCollage product key you can use to register your copy of AutoCollage. In order to register your copy of AutoCollage:
- a. Select the Options button.
- b. Select the Registration tab in the dialog which appears.
- c. Select the Register... button. This invokes the registration dialog where you can enter your product key.
- d. Enter your 25-character product key in the white product key input box. You can type it in, or cut-and-paste by copying your product key from another window, then pasting into the first part of the input box.
- e. Select OK to save your product key.
Once your copy of AutoCollage is registered, the trial time limit and watermark are disabled.
6) How do I install AutoCollage once I have bought it from the Microsoft Store (EU only)?
If you purchase AutoCollage in the EU, your download will be a 'self-extracting archive' file rather than the AutoCollage Installer. In order to use this archive to install AutoCollage:
- a. Download AutoCollage normally. This will download a file named 'Research_Autocollage_English_NWA-00003.exe' or something similar.
- b. Run the file you just downloaded, and a self-extractor appears.
- c. Click on 'Browse...' and select a folder you can easily locate. This is the folder the AutoCollage installer will be saved to.
- d. Click on 'Unzip.' You should receive a message indicating the AutoCollage installer was 'unzipped.'
- e. Navigate to the folder you specified in step c., and run 'MicrosoftAutoCollageSetup.msi'
- f. Follow the prompts to install AutoCollage
7) How can I find and install the software downloaded from the Microsoft Store?
In some cases, when you download software from the Microsoft Store, the software is stored in a local folder on your machine without your being prompted to install it. To view your download and potentially install it follow the steps below. Before installing ANY software, make sure you downloaded it from a trusted source.
- a. Click on your 'Start' menu
- b. Choose 'Documents' or 'My Documents', depending upon whether you're on Windows 7, Windows Vista or Windows XP. This should open a file folder which contains your documents, and several subfolders.
- c. Double click on the 'Downloads' folder. Your view should switch to the contents of that folder, and it should include a sub-folder named after the software you downloaded. Double-click on that folder.
- d. You should see the file you downloaded. You can install your software by executing that file.
8) How can I get my product key once I have purchased AutoCollage?
Some AutoCollage customers may need to install the application on a newly purchased machine, taking advantage of the license for 5 machines, or to reinstall the application after upgrading to Windows 7. On these occasions the product key is needed to register the new installation, as per the instructions in the product help, also available online.
Customers that misplaced their key may easily retrieve it following these steps:
- a. Connect to your local Microsoft Store website in the USA, UK (for countries in the European Union), Australia, France, Germany, Canada, Norway or Denmark.
- b. Sign into the store with the same ID you used when purchasing AutoCollage.
- c. Near the top of the page there are a few rows of links. Click on the "Account" link.
- d. You will see a page entitled "Microsoft Store Account - Purchase History." The date and time of your order of AutoCollage should be listed. In the right side of this entry, under "Items:", you should see Microsoft Research AutoCollage 2008, along with a line which says "License:" and shows your product key.
Remember that the trial version of Microsoft Research AutoCollage 2008 can be converted into the full version just by registering it, without the need of a new installation.
9) When will AutoCollage be available for purchase in my country?
Due to high demand, we are taking every effort to make AutoCollage broadly available as soon as possible. The list of countries supported by the Microsoft Store is constantly growing, as you can verify at http://www.microsoftstore.com. We will post updates about availability in our support forum.
10) I'm having problems purchasing AutoCollage. Where do I go for help?
For US based purchases: You can contact Customer Services by phone at 1-877-MY-MS-STORE (877-696-7786). Further contact information is available at: http://store.microsoft.com/Help/Contact-Us
For EU based purchases: Customer Support is available on email, phone and by post. For further information, please go to http://emea.microsoftstore.com/UK/Help/Contact-Us
For Australia based purchases: Customer Support is available on email, phone and by post. For further information, please go to http://www.microsoftstore.com.au/shop/Help/Contact-Us
For France based purchases: Customer support is available by website. For further information, please go to http://emea.microsoftstore.com/fr/Contactez-nous
For Germany based purchases: Customer support is available on phone and by website. For further information, please go to https://emea.microsoftstore.com/DE/de-DE/Kontakt
For Canada based purchases: Customer support is available on phone and by website. For further information, please go to https://www.microsoftstore.ca/shop/en-CA/Contact-Us
For Norway based purchases: Customer support is available on phone and by website. For further information, please go to https://emea.microsoftstore.com/europe/nb-NO/Kontakt-oss
For Denmark based purchases: Customer support is available on phone and by website. For further information, please go to https://emea.microsoftstore.com/europe/da-DK/Kontakt
11) Why does my AutoCollage creation stop in stage 1 (“loading images”)?
When creating a new AutoCollage, each used image is checked to see if it has changed since it was added to the application by checking its “Date Modified” setting. If so, the image is updated. A possible side-effect of this, if the image has its “Date modified” mistakenly set in the future, is that the creation process may stop responding. While uncommon, files with this invalid “Date modified” setting are sometimes created while importing photos from digital cameras.
If AutoCollage is not finishing the collage creation process, verify if any of the used image files have their “Date modified” set in the future by looking at the file properties (right-click the image file using File Explorer, and choose the menu item “Properties”). This problem can easily be fixed by opening it in any common image editor and saving back over the original file. Microsoft Paint is available in most Windows environments, and will properly fix this issue.
Microsoft Research AutoCollage Links
For more information on the AutoCollage product, please click on the links below.
Microsoft Research Face SDK announcements
Tark is a tool kit to mine linear temporal rules. This is a place for users of the Tark to share tips, questions, and ideas about Tark and temporal rule mining. Info about Tark and its releases can be found at http://research.microsoft.com/en-us/projects/tark/default.aspx.
- Tark Team
Microsoft Research Project Hawaii announcements
Microsoft Research Data Visualization Apps for Office announcements
A new Histogram, plus Streamgraph, Histogram 2D, and Treemap. We're up--would love your feedback on what works, and what doesn't.
The home page for this project is at http://research.microsoft.com/en-us/projects/MSRDataVis
Conference XP announcements
The ConferenceXP project is now a community-owned effort led by the University of Washington, and was recently put into the Outercurve Foundation as an open source project.
For forum questions and answers, please visit http://cct.cs.washington.edu/community.
Microsoft Research Connections
Hi and welcome to our new forum for discussing Zentity. If you have questions and comments on Zentity - this is the place!
Zentity is a digital library repository from Microsoft Research. It can help organizations create, maintain, and visually explore library objects and their relationships. Your library can contain digital objects and relationships of any kind. In the scholarly or academic field, this might include information about papers, patents, researchers/authors, research findings, and even works of art or cultural significance.
With Zentity, researchers can easily access, analyze, and unlock the previously hidden structure and relationships in your data - enabling new insight.
Zentity is flexible and extensible, taking advantage of the optimizations and performance features available in Microsoft SQL Server 2008. It also leverages powerful data visualization capabilities of the Silverlight PivotViewer and the MSR Visual Explorer (which is also used by Microsoft Academic Search).
For more information on Zentity, including an intro video, access to downloads, and source code, please see: http://research.microsoft.com/en-us/projects/zentity
Worldwide Telescope announcements
Government shotdown berifly interupted WorldWide Telescope operations when key NASA websites were shuttered. October 10th, 2013
When NASA websites were taken offline today because of the US government shutdown, WWT servers were not able to update data for WWT clients during startup and WWT clients connected to the internet were unable to start up. The issue has been resolved by removing dependencies on the NASA systems and normal operation of WWT clients should restored.
The WWT Team.
Eclipse Release Candidate is here! The WWT Eclipse Advanced Release now supports DirectX11 and can run as a 64 bit application. At the IPS (International Planetarium Society) meeting in Baton Rouge, LA Microsoft Research previewed the WorldWide Telescope Eclipse release. Now you can explore the new features of WWT Eclipse in your planetarium. Try the new MIDI controller support, or the new atmospheric shaders, or one of the many new grid, overlay & text options and full dome tour authoring.
Click here for more information and to download Eclipse RC0
If you have questions and comments on Worldwide Telescope from Microsoft Research - you've come to the right place.
Unanswered0VotesI have installed Project Colletta on Win 8.1 x64 with Office 2013 AND 2010 installed. The DocBar appears in Excel and Outlook, but NOT in Word. Reviewing the troubleshooting information on ...
Answered0VotesHi, I keep trying to run WWT, and it gives me this message "you need 3d graphics and directx installed to run this application". I have for sure DirectX 11 and I saw on ...
Discussion0VotesAccess to the Microsoft Academic Search API is now available through the Windows Azure Marketplace and no longer requires an AppID. To access the dataset, go to the Microsoft Academic Data page, ...0 Replies | 52 Views | Created by Thomas, Academic Search Editor - Wednesday, November 27, 2013 7:08 PM
Answered0VotesThe record of papers I have published and citations they have received stopped in 2011. How can this be updated?
The VIEW PUBLICATION module of microsoft.com has an error; arbitrarily combines 2 different publications' outer microsoft.com sources. The error module bearing microsoft.com URL should be deleted.How to correct the error in VIEW PUBLICATION module of microsoft.com? There is not any guide to edit this module of microsoft.com, the error microsoft.com module can not be deleted. An URL of ...
Unanswered0VotesI want to implement a sentiment analysis with Infer.NET. But, I don't know how to start. It's that possible? Please, Could you give me a ...
Unanswered0VotesI purchased the auto college a couple years ago and I LOVE it! But, my laptop crashed and I lost the program somehow. Since I already paid for it once, do I have to pay for it again, even tho it's the ...
Answered0VotesHello, I have uploaded BibTex file using (Contribute to Academic Page) but our website still not indexed by Microsoft Academic Search. Could you please ...
Answered0VotesI'm editing and publishing a peer-reviewed biannual academic journal of psychiatry, namely "Dysphrenia," having ISSN (print: 2249-9377, online: 2249-9385) and currently indexed in ...
Answered1VotesI tried running the facesdk demos on a win phone 8 emulator as well as my wp8 phone device. The faceparty app does not detect faces as well as the published faceswap app.. ...
Unanswered2VotesThe License agreement say it can be used in Window Phone 7 apps, But to be sure can it also be used in Windows Phone 8 apps ?
Answered0Voteshi, How to obtain a Hawaii Application ID? The Project Hawaii Signup web page (link : http://hawaiiguidgen.cloudapp.net/default.aspx ) seems have some issue, its showing server not ...
Answered0VotesDear Sir, We are operating an online journal "Current Trends in Technology and Sciences (Curr Trends Tech Sci)", ISSN: 2279-0535. It is indexed with several indexing ...
- Items 1 to 20 of 3627 Next ›