Sunday, June 05, 2011 8:27 PM
I work in virtual tour business
can I make a 180 x 360 panorama with photosynth ? in another words: can I shoot the nadir and zenith (up and bottom spots)
this photo (The Old 97's @ Sarah Jaffe) has a black hole (the nadir) when you look down
can I export a flat panorama to jpg ?
(I need to put it in facebook with high resolution or to use it in virtual tour software like autopano pro or tourweaver )
technical consultant, vision360, jeddah, KSA
5D MKII, Sigma 8mm, NN R1 + monopod manfrotto , manfrotto 303 + carbon tripod 045cxpro4, epic gigapan pro, mac pro 8 cores, apple cenima display 30", macbook pro 17" quad , CS5 standard, ptgui, easypano, kolor, gardengnome
Sunday, June 05, 2011 8:51 PMOwner
I don't understand your question. It sounds like you are already a PTGUI user. Is that software somehow not working for you in this scenario?
Sunday, June 05, 2011 9:44 PM
can photosynth shoot up and down with no black holes like the one you put in your website The Old 97's @ Sarah Jaffe
and after that, can it export it as a high quality flat jpg photo to put in facebook ?
Monday, June 06, 2011 2:13 AMOwner
There are several different parts of the Photosynth project: http://photosynth.net/about.aspx
- a web site called Photosynth.net that hosts panoramas and "synths": http://photosynth.net/default.aspx
- a Windows application called the Photosynther that can be used to create "synths": http://photosynth.net/Background.aspx
- a Windows application called "Microsoft ICE" and the "Photosynth Plugin for Photoshop" that can be used to create and upload panoramas to Photosynth: http://photosynth.net/ice.aspx
- an iOS application called "Photosynth app for iOS" that can be used to stitch and upload panoramas to Photosynth.net, Facebook, or save them to your camera roll: http://photosynth.net/capture.aspx
This forum is for Microsoft ICE.
I'm guessing that you are asking about the iOS app? The forum for the iOS app is here: http://photosynth.net/forum.aspx?cat=c76bfe71-d042-4aec-b49b-b48b67d7be96
The The Old 97's @ Sarah Jaffe result that you linked was not created with the iOS app, it was created with either Microsoft ICE or another stitching application. I have seen 180 x 360 resultss from the iOS app. For example here is a good one: http://photosynth.net/view.aspx?cid=815eda73-3788-48fb-86ff-2b87e6e52f1f
- Marked As Answer by Matt UyttendaeleMicrosoft Employee, Owner Monday, June 06, 2011 2:13 AM