Thursday, October 14, 2010 12:03 PMThe tool I downloaded to remove windows one care is not working. It will not start, I am running windows xp any other ideas on how to remove it
- Moved by Stephen BootsMVP, Moderator Thursday, October 14, 2010 1:42 PM uninstall (From:Windows Live OneCare Install and Activate)
Thursday, October 14, 2010 1:41 PMModerator
To uninstall Windows Live OneCare from XP:
- Click Start, then click Control Panel.
- Under Pick a category, click Add or Remove Programs.
- Under Pick a task, click Remove a Program.
- In the Currently installed programs list, click Windows Live OneCare, and then click Remove.
To uninstall Windows Live OneCare from Vista:
- Click the Vista Orb, then click Control Panel.
- Click Programs and Features.
- In the Uninstall or change a program list, click Windows Live OneCare, and proceed with the uninstall.
Note that part of the uninstall will ask you to provide a reason for removing OneCare.
If Windows Live OneCare does not uninstall as expected, download the Windows Live OneCare cleanup utility - http://social.microsoft.com/forums/en-US/onecareinstallandactivate/thread/399071e2-49dc-4767-932d-d261e3965943/ and follow the program instructions to completely uninstall.
You will be prompted to restart your computer. You must restart your computer in order to completely uninstall Windows Live OneCare.
If you are still unable to remove Windows Live OneCare, you can contact support for help -
How to reach support (FAQ) - http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/onecareinstallandactivate/thread/30400b52-7f26-4ba0-bc18-17e305329d90
~ Microsoft MVP Windows Live ~ Windows Live OneCare| Live Mesh|MS Security Essentials Forums Moderator ~
- Marked As Answer by Stephen BootsMVP, Moderator Thursday, October 14, 2010 1:41 PM