Wednesday, April 06, 2011 3:45 PM
I have a virus (backdoor win32 scrab.p virus) it comes up with a fake program trying to get me to purchase malware protection. It won't let me run malware bytes on the computer to remove it and then comes up with an error message blocking it. I have tried logging in via safe mode and running malware bytes however it asks me to download updates. As I am in safe mode I cannot download updates and when the scan has completed there is no viruses found. I have also tried going in and trying to delete the files manually however I get no luck please see below. Any ideas?
- 1. Boot your computer into safe mode to close all running processes.
- 2. Remember to back up your system before making any changes for future restore job when necessary.
- 3. Remove these Backdoor.Win32.Scrab.m files:
- %UserProfile%\Application Data946550101946550101.exe
- %UserProfile%\Local Settings\Application Data\[random]\[random].exe
- 4. Open Registry Editor to delete the following registry entries:
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon 'Shell' = '%UserProfile%\Application Data\antispy.exe'
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System 'DisableTaskMgr' = '1'
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run '[random string]'
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Associations 'LowRiskFileTypes' = '.exe'
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings 'ProxyOverride' = ''
- Moved by Stephen BootsMVP, Moderator Wednesday, April 06, 2011 3:53 PM not onecare (From:Windows Live OneCare Anti-Virus)
Wednesday, April 06, 2011 3:52 PMModerator
You're off topic for this forum, which is dedicated to Windows Live OneCare.
You can start here: https://consumersecuritysupport.microsoft.com/ or here: http://support.microsoft.com/contactus/cu_sc_virsec_master?ws=support#tab0 for help and support for malware infections.
If you are in North America, you can call 866-727-2338 for free help from Microsoft for virus and spyware infections.
In other regions not served by the link above, go here: http://Support.microsoft.com/security and go to the “assisted support” or contact us menu.
~ Microsoft MVP Windows Live ~ Windows Live OneCare| Live Mesh|MS Security Essentials Forums Moderator ~
- Marked As Answer by Stephen BootsMVP, Moderator Wednesday, April 06, 2011 3:52 PM