Thursday, March 08, 2012 8:14 PM
I have moved our production Project Server 2010 databases into test and dev. I attached the content database and successfully provisioned the PWA site. I thought all was well. Now when I try to look at the properties of a document or a list item I get a file not found. Using the correlation ID of the error I looked in the ULS logs. The ULS logs showed this error:
System.IO.FileNotFoundException: The Web application at http://url.
The URL in this error belongs to the production server. Any thoughts on what I need to do to fix this issue would be appreciated.
- Edited by PawnofGod Thursday, March 08, 2012 8:16 PM
Friday, March 09, 2012 6:03 AM
Did you use 4 project databases and content database.
Did you change the name of PWA url.
Navigate to PWA>>Server Settings>>>Project Sites
Do you see any sites?
Hrushikesh Deshpande – Senior EPM Infrastructure Consultant, www.DeltaBahn.com
Friday, March 09, 2012 7:25 AM
After carrying out the migration did you use the bulk update feature for the Project Sites?
- Proposed As Answer by Alexander Burton [MVP]MVP, Moderator Saturday, March 10, 2012 6:36 AM
Friday, March 09, 2012 12:38 PM
Thanks for your response.
Yes the sites are listed at PWA>>Server Settings>>>Project Sites
Friday, March 09, 2012 12:54 PM
I didn't look at this. When I look at it now it shows the Previous and New site paths as being the same. I'm going to try the migration again and look at this right after it is complete. I'll let you know how it goes.
Thanks for the suggestion.
- Edited by PawnofGod Tuesday, March 13, 2012 12:03 PM
Tuesday, March 13, 2012 12:10 PM
The previous path did not work. It doesen't allow me to input the previous path of my production server. As a test I put in an Aternate Access Mapping with a URL of my production server; this worked but it's defiantly just a work around.
This blog, http://azlav.umtblog.com/2011/06/09/project-server-2010-database-restore-part-ii/, blames the error on Infopath. This is not my issue as we don't even use Infopath.
- Edited by PawnofGod Tuesday, March 13, 2012 12:11 PM
Tuesday, March 20, 2012 12:21 PMI called Microsoft support on this and they said that this is a known bug. The only work around for now is to create an Alternate Access Mapping that points to the original farm. In my case the production farm.