Thursday, February 02, 2012 6:40 PM
I've configured the Manage Rules in the Approval Center to approve and publish automatically. Even with this settings some tasks are with Status "Unpublished" in the Status Update. I would like know if someone might say me why it happen and if exist some way to solve and avoid this issue. Follows the settings in My Manage Rules:
Automatically run this rule - Selected
Automatically publish the updates - Selected
All new task and assignment requests - Selected
All task reassignment requests - Selected
All assignment deletion requests - Selected
Task updates - Selected
All Updates - Selected
All my current and future projects - Selected
All my current and future resources - Selected
Wednesday, April 11, 2012 4:14 AM
I had observed a similar behavior and found out that:
- If Projects are checked-out while the auto-accept updates rule is run, the updates do not get applied to the project, and obvioulsy the publish does not run.
- Once the Projects are checked-in, the updates are applied to the plan.
- The Auto-Publish still does not run at that point, resulting all those updates to show up as "Unpublished"
- The only way-out at that point is to publish the updates from the Approval Center or publish the corresponding Project Plans.
Hope this helps.
Prasanna Adavi, PMP, MCTS http://thinkepm.blogspot.com
- Proposed As Answer by Alexander Burton [MVP]MVP, Moderator Friday, April 13, 2012 12:07 PM